Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

What would the ultimate DEATHFFIE be? Fury, Wary Fighter, Noontime?

Distant Counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It's a testament to how obscene Wary Fighter is. IIRC, the only purpose of Speed right now is to determine doubling. Wary Fighter basically says your speed stat is worthless, welcome to IDGAF town. Population: Hector, Robin, Brave Weapon users...

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Andrast posted:

Distant Counter.

also this

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

What would the ultimate DEATHFFIE be? Fury, Wary Fighter, Noontime?
I'm wondering if Effie would put out enough damage for Noontime to bring her back to Wary fighter health. Sol might be okay because she's tanky enough to last 4 actions to charge it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Luckily she will only be able to gain C skills, if hacking is to be trusted.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Luckily she will only be able to gain C skills, if hacking is to be trusted.

There are literally no sources that say you will only be able to inherit skills for slots that are empty. Everybody is just guessing.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

There are literally no sources that say you will only be able to inherit skills for slots that are empty. Everybody is just guessing.
I kinda hope so regardless, as much as I want to power game. I just hope it's not restricted by movement type/color, otherwise Alphonse aint getting that Wary Fighter.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm pretty sure this is the only real we've gotten on how it works:

MID_UNIT_EDIT_SKILL_WARNING_WEAPON: This skill cannot be inherited due to\nweapon-type limitations.
MID_UNIT_EDIT_SKILL_WARNING_MOVE: This skill cannot be inherited due to\nmovement-type limitations.
MID_UNIT_EDIT_SKILL_WARNING_FIXED: This skill cannot be inherited because\nit's an exclusive skill.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought they were gonna do changes with exp when fighting lower level enemies. I hope they make it easier to level up weak rear end no damage heroes.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
There's an almost certain chance Wary Fighter and other signature skills like it are considered "exclusive" skills anyways, so your ridiculous dream scenario of a literally unkillable Hector will never happen.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Clawtopsy posted:

It's a testament to how obscene Wary Fighter is. IIRC, the only purpose of Speed right now is to determine doubling. Wary Fighter basically says your speed stat is worthless, welcome to IDGAF town. Population: Hector, Robin, Brave Weapon users...

It's funny because effie had one of the highest speed growths in the fates despite being a knight.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I thought we were getting a new summon banner today. I've been stock piling orbs. :(

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Digital Jesus posted:

Lesson learned. I've rerolled about 5 times now and just got 5 freaking reds haha

Shiiiiiiiit. Really sorry for poo poo advice man. I was just hoping you'd get someone awesome!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

"Hackers" have said that when they change skills in already-assigned slots the changes don't stick and get reverted back to original, while putting skills in open slots works fine.

It's still guessing as to what the end result of the feature will be, but it's (if not outright lies) an educated guess.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Oil of Paris posted:

Shiiiiiiiit. Really sorry for poo poo advice man. I was just hoping you'd get someone awesome!
I rerolled for 2 hours (while watching TV, fyi) and got a Hector. It can happen!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Agoat posted:

I thought we were getting a new summon banner today. I've been stock piling orbs. :(

new characters seem to release every two weeks but we are due for a Nino banner

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I just don't give a poo poo about doing the arena right now

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
what should my team be? 5*s i've got: lucina +1, nino, azura, merric and jeorge +1. i also have a 4*+1 effie that i'm waiting on feathers for.

lucina / azura / nino / someone?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Andrast posted:

Blue is the hardest color for people to deal with in the arena thanks to the abundance of sword lords and the low number of good green units so having a good blue unit as a leader discourages people from picking you.

:doh: This did not occur to me. I've had Abel in my first slot since forever. Thanks for pointing it out! I'll try putting Eirika in my first slot instead and see if I get more defense points.

Oh, and my Nino continues to wreck all the poo poo. So glad I promoted her to 5*. Next project is to promote Sharena, I guess, to be Nino's new best friend. But I would really miss Abel if I did that. :(

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Lovechop posted:

what should my team be? 5*s i've got: lucina +1, nino, azura, merric and jeorge +1. i also have a 4*+1 effie that i'm waiting on feathers for.

lucina / azura / nino / someone?

Shareena buffs nino two ways

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

Just saying if you've got multiple Effies going spare (and units with free A slots) then unlike Est she's a valuable commodity.

Scratch what I said about not having units worth promoting, just spent my last orbs and got 5* Abel and... 4* Abel with -hp +atk.

Ah, yes, Able is rather excellent. He can destroy all sword lords and having a horse means he can get the first strike on them much easier. With him you won't need Ephraim!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

KoldPT posted:

Shareena buffs nino two ways

ah man good call. i just saw this video on reddit and the combo seems insane: https://vimeo.com/204483376

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Lovechop posted:

ah man good call. i just saw this video on reddit and the combo seems insane: https://vimeo.com/204483376

Does this work with an Olivia instead of Azura?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Does this work with an Olivia instead of Azura?

It does but not as well, because Azura buffs res, but Olivia buffs str.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Am I the only one sitting on a ton of orbs since the current banner is so bad?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Agoat posted:

I'm almost at 40 and going, so nope

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Agoat posted:

I had 110 so did a couple single pulls fishing for blues. 4 star Jagen (barf) and 4 star Cordelia (not bad).

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Nasgate posted:

This will be Super Easy with my 0 Armor units :v:

I don't have any armored units either. I hope there is a special map coming soon for a free armored unit, so I can at least finish the easy tier of March quests :mad:

e:

I am also sitting on a pile of orbs here; I have 126 and it's all F2P. I spent 9 earlier this morning fishing for armored units and got none. But I did score an Eldigan (5*), so I decided to quit while I felt like I was "ahead" :v:

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 6, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I have 130+ orbs hella hella

give me Ike

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Tired Moritz posted:

I have 160+ orbs hella hella

give me Ike

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I spent all 80-something orbs I had because why the gently caress not and was salty at the gacha giving me Caeda. Just got a bunch of poo poo. Best of the bunch was Cordelia.... with -Atk.
Almost everything else was repeats of even shittier units. Why the gently caress do I need 2 Bartre, a -Spd Felicia, 3 Jagens, 3 Shannas or 2 Selenas (both -Spd, just to rub it in).

On that note, I have 3 Nino, +Spd -Def , +Atk -HP and +Spd -Atk. The first one's at Lv 40 already. They're all 4*. Should I bother switching to the +Atk one?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kyte posted:

I spent all 80-something orbs I had because why the gently caress not and was salty at the gacha giving me Caeda. Just got a bunch of poo poo. Best of the bunch was Cordelia.... with -Atk.
Almost everything else was repeats of even shittier units. Why the gently caress do I need 2 Bartre, a -Spd Felicia, 3 Jagens, 3 Shannas or 2 Selenas (both -Spd, just to rub it in).

On that note, I have 3 Nino, +Spd -Def , +Atk -HP and +Spd -Atk. The first one's at Lv 40 already. They're all 4*. Should I bother switching to the +Atk one?

+Spd -Def is the best of those anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I haven't really pulled outside of two attempts at the latest banner, because my Eirika/Nino/Hinoka/Olivia team has been streaking for me. I might want to insert back in Takumi but I don't know where, and I think Klein might be better for my playstyle.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think Takumi is overrated on offense. He may be annoying to face on defense, but on offense he's too squishy to make good use of his Close Counter, so he's basically just another archer with okay stats. And with good positioning, having a colorless on your team isn't even a good thing.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Clarste posted:

I think Takumi is overrated on offense. He may be annoying to face on defense, but on offense he's too squishy to make good use of his Close Counter, so he's basically just another archer with okay stats. And with good positioning, having a colorless on your team isn't even a good thing.

I would argue hes overrated on defense as well given how Kagero and Robin shuts his rear end down

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I would argue that the fact that MRobin is even considered good at all is a testament to how annoying Takumi is.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

I would argue hes overrated on defense as well given how Kagero and Robin shuts his rear end down

Adding to this, Olwen can one shot Takumi before he can get in a counterattack, and she's got better range than him

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Takumi does make for some pretty exciting antics on that double vertical bridge map thought. I can't always jump on him without opening myself up to another counter attack from whoever is right behind him or another unit coming off the other bridge.

Actually that map was the reason I promoted Robin in the first place to a 5*

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
My Takumi works just fine along with Julia and Marth and Olivia. :shrug:
I usually use him to kill other Takumis and soften up melee enemies for Marth to kill them safely since he's my designated tank. (Putting that +Def -Atk to work)

Julia makes Robin into a non-issue. Literally zero damage taken. Sure she's -Atk so sometimes she can't one shot him but that becomes an opportunity to heal Marth via Breath of Life.

Ironically, my setup makes tanky reds my biggest weakness.
Good thing nobody bothers with red meta!

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Kyte posted:

My Takumi works just fine along with Julia and Marth and Olivia. :shrug:
I usually use him to kill other Takumis and soften up melee enemies for Marth to kill them safely since he's my designated tank.

Julia makes Robin into a non-issue. Literally zero damage taken. Sure she's -Atk so sometimes she can't one shot him but that becomes an opportunity to heal Marth via Breath of Life.

He's not terrible, as I said he has good stats for an archer, but I don't think he's any better at the job than Klein or Jeorge or any other 5* archer with good stat distributions.

As for everyone talking about all the ways they can trivialize Takumi on defense, that's kind of the point really. As long as the value of a character is judge by "how well they can deal with Takumi", then he's clearly controlling the meta.