Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Former Trump adviser says Senate Intelligence Committee asked him to preserve information about his Russia ties

quote:

Carter Page, an early foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump's presidential campaign, said Monday that the Senate Intelligence Committee has asked him to preserve information concerning his Russia-related activities throughout 2016.

In a letter obtained by Business Insider dated March 5, Page thanked Sen. Richard Burr — the Republican chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee — and Sen. Mark Warner, a ranking member of the committee, for their "recent correspondence regarding information that you might at some point desire for ongoing investigations into the 2016 U.S. Election."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

zegermans posted:

That 90 days is going to be extended forever. Temporary is government-speak is "get your foot in the door"

I don't have much faith in it being different enough from the last one to really last. And the last one was basically 'screw you, court system, I do what I want.' Interesting how everybody is now shutting up so now anything the administration wants to say is now muted amidst all the speculation.

At least we have a small victory: for a moment, for a brief moment, we have taught Trump to shut the gently caress up and hide.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grem posted:

Jeff Sessions looks like a guy who rapes his slaves.

in soviet russia slave rapes you

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Augus posted:

what exactly happened that made tormp so mad? forgive me if I'm not up to speed with our daily national crises

Someone took the piss

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Feminasty Slut posted:

I'm at the point in new vegas where I have to get serious about picking a side. My heart is telling me that helping Mr. House makes me an idiot who likes to mine bitcoins and the NCR is the light but I have no fait in democracy. lol

E: gently caress ceasars legion tho

The NCR are homophobic assholes and you can run New Vegas better than them or House hth.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
nice

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Third World Reggin posted:

if you think about it flight sims are rpgs

i play an RPG in battlefield

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Augus posted:

what exactly happened that made tormp so mad? forgive me if I'm not up to speed with our daily national crises

Someone said Arnold was actually good on the apprentice

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I'm glad they delayed when it goes into effect for ten days so that it can pretty easily work its way into the courts and be blocked lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it's awesome how Bannon and co are too stupid and coked up and that the muslim ban is the exact same thing but with one or two slight changes as if it makes any difference.

He're hoping the american people prove protest like they did the last time and tell him to shove it.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

sessions talking now

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/838776000733458432

From a quick first read its way more generous but still is effectively a religious ban

quote:

Department of Homeland Security report assessing the terrorist threat posed by people from the seven countries covered by President Trump’s original travel ban had cast doubt on the necessity of the executive order, concluding that citizenship was an “unreliable” threat indicator and that people from the affected countries have rarely been implicated in U.S.-based terrorism.

The Department of Homeland Security official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, criticized the report as being incomplete and not vetted with other agencies, and he also asserted the administration should not be pressed by the judiciary to unveil sensitive national security details to justify the ban.

“This is not something that the Department of Justice should have to represent to a federal-district court judge,” the official said.

Oh gently caress off.

Cutting the cap of refugees by half is so loving cruel.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

teen vogue owns

Serf
May 5, 2011

Baloogan posted:

i thought he was a human adopted by elves

pointy ears and not green = elf

at best he's a half-elf

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
eo text is out

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/03/06/executive-order-protecting-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

they're getting better at this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Squizzle posted:

teen vogue owns

gently caress my life teen vogue is the new youth Jacobin magazine we all needed but didnt really ask for.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TEEN VOGUE!!!! They are tearing it up lately.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Schnorkles posted:

6 countries, starts in 10 days [iirc], doesn't affect green card holders, dual citizens, etc. Only lasts for 90 days i think?

It's basically a "gently caress YOU WE'RE DOING IT AGAIN"

b-but what if some bad hombres get in during the next 10 day???

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

peeping-tom techie with x-ray eyes

Squizzle posted:

teen vogue owns

i'm supporting independent investigative journalism in the trump era by subscribing to the new york times, washington post, la times, teen vogue, and buzzfeed

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

RUM HAM posted:

link is a young jeff sessions mercilessly beating down a big brown man for trying to empower himself

Reminder that Nintendo's 2nd most prominent bad guy is a hook-nosed ginger in black-face.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

ephebo youd love to f****????? :wth:

sqwizzy you durrrty you jus fukken dirrrrty mang

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

do you think americans will protest again or are they too dumb to realize that this is nothing more than incrementalism at work.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

The original EO's poo poo about green card holders was the stupidest part. Why had that ever been a thing. This does not feel like an example of "pitch the crazy idea first, so that they accept your 'real' offer". It just feels like backpedaling.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

SirPhoebos posted:

Reminder that Nintendo's 2nd most prominent bad guy is a hook-nosed ginger in black-face.

lol if you dont think of ganon as a giant pig dude

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

they must have some sort of neural net processor, a learning computer

atomic johnson
Dec 7, 2000

peeping-tom techie with x-ray eyes

literally zero chance trump read a word of this

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Al-Saqr posted:

it's awesome how Bannon and co are too stupid and coked up and that the muslim ban is the exact same thing but with one or two slight changes as if it makes any difference.

He're hoping the american people prove protest like they did the last time and tell him to shove it.

Actually this version is much more likely to be legal.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

TheWeepingHorse posted:

The original EO's poo poo about green card holders was the stupidest part. Why had that ever been a thing. This does not feel like an example of "pitch the crazy idea first, so that they accept your 'real' offer". It just feels like backpedaling.

art of the bleh

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

made my donation to the ACLU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SirPhoebos posted:

who turns into a pig

that's the important part

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Actually this version is much more likely to be legal.

oh so americans are going to let them incrementalize their way into a full muslim ban.

Good job you guys.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chokes McGee posted:

in soviet russia slav rapes you

ftfy

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I went back to my bookmarks and the unread post count was 669 and I was just about to say nice and then Chokes posted and made it 670, jerk

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al-Saqr posted:

oh so americans are going to let them incrementalize their way into a full muslim ban.

Good job you guys.

it's speculative bullshit and this one's going to get dunked on like the last

because things matter

wait a minute

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Tyranny and pillars of eternity are excrutiatingly tedious to play sry

i sure love pausing every 2 seconds to set up ability targets and micromanage the garbage pathfinding

Calibanibal fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 6, 2017

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fix posted:

Which one? Destiny? Those dipshits can't keep it in stock.

i mean the final fantasy one but yeah i know ffg can't make stock

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

lol if you dont think of ganon as a giant pig dude

ganon hasn't really been a giant pig dude since the SNES/cartoon era with the exception of when he transforms after you beat his rear end once or twice

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lots of big league posts this morning

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

(iv) Executive Order 13769 did not provide a basis for discriminating for or against members of any particular religion. While that order allowed for prioritization of refugee claims from members of persecuted religious minority groups, that priority applied to refugees from every nation, including those in which Islam is a minority religion, and it applied to minority sects within a religion. That order was not motivated by animus toward any religion, but was instead intended to protect the ability of religious minorities -- whoever they are and wherever they reside -- to avail themselves of the USRAP in light of their particular challenges and circumstances.
ahahahhaaha

quote:

(e) The following are brief descriptions, taken in part from the Department of State's Country Reports on Terrorism 2015 (June 2016), of some of the conditions in six of the previously designated countries that demonstrate why their nationals continue to present heightened risks to the security of the United States:
ahawighaogiahahgaorig

quote:

Nevertheless, the close cooperative relationship between the United States and the democratically elected Iraqi government, the strong United States diplomatic presence in Iraq, the significant presence of United States forces in Iraq, and Iraq's commitment to combat ISIS justify different treatment for Iraq. In particular, those Iraqi government forces that have fought to regain more than half of the territory previously dominated by ISIS have shown steadfast determination and earned enduring respect as they battle an armed group that is the common enemy of Iraq and the United States.
pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

quote:

The Attorney General has reported to me that more than 300 persons who entered the United States as refugees are currently the subjects of counterterrorism investigations by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Oh?

• Locked thread