Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SirPhoebos posted:

Also FFXIV is a fun Barbie dress up simulator that lets you dress catgirl men in tight-fitting outfits.

I played a white mage so I could heal people and earn my loving white mage triangle robes

I found out you can't get them until like level 30 and they're hella expensive

I'm not putting that much of my already ill spent life into a video game that's boring and terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/838792868655398913

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

ok so after having an explicit exception for every person who made the news, who the gently caress is this actually targeting

The exceptions being so long and byzantine that the dunces working Customs are going to end up with loving with due to a combination of incompetence/spite, that's who

Serf
May 5, 2011

honor killings sounds made up unless there are klingons nobody's told me about

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat posted:

about 35% of right wing blog income is derived from jita duels

this makes a crazy kind of sense

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Addamere posted:

In which the SecHS is a metaphor for whomever ran the Nazi information infrastructure, and/or the Jews are Muslims - take your pick.

Joseph goebbels

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

I played a white mage so I could heal people and earn my loving white mage triangle robes

I'm not putting that much of my already ill spent life into a video game that's boring and terrible

There's easier ways than this to get white robes in Trumpmerica

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

There's easier ways than this to get white robes in Trumpmerica

yeah but then you have to pay for the hood seperately

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

thinking about really trying to find a new job

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

I didn't say it was lawful

i meant its still obviously unlawful since the discrimination thing really is the primary challenge against it

the dumbfuck poo poo like saying WE ABSOLUTELY NEED THIS BAN BECAUSE IRAQIS DID TERROR THINGS and then exempting iraqis from the ban are just the comedy cherry

ed:

quote:

(h) Recent history shows that some of those who have entered the United States through our immigration system have proved to be threats to our national security. Since 2001, hundreds of persons born abroad have been convicted of terrorism-related crimes in the United States. They have included not just persons who came here legally on visas but also individuals who first entered the country as refugees. For example, in January 2013, two Iraqi nationals admitted to the United States as refugees in 2009 were sentenced to 40 years and to life in prison, respectively, for multiple terrorism-related offenses.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

not even stephen miller and his prestigious imaginary law degree from outback steakhouse university

member of the state bar and grill

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

I didn't say it was lawful

euphronius posted:

He finally did something not obviously unlawful

Gonna need a lawyer to interpret the intent of this statement.

He did double negative, but connoted it that it wasn't obvious even thought it would be unlawful but just not apparently so, by the guise of being lawful

perhaps if you will

*lowers reading glasses Schumerously and reads from the paper*

euphronius is merely saying his intent is hidden by the unlawful lawful.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Serf posted:

honor killings sounds made up unless there are klingons nobody's told me about

also ianap (i am not a psychic) but it seems to me that if you actually did bother to collect those statistic the incidence of violence against women by foreign nationals in the us would be vastly, vastly, VASTLY dwarfed by the incidence of violence against women by us citizens

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

triple sulk posted:

have you considered farming crystals in FFXI for a living

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

the writing in Old World Blues was good but the enemies all had way too much armor and it was a huge slog

Point Lookout from 3 is my gold standard for insane frustrating walking tank enemies. They were Trump voters too

It's all a breeze after that, excepting Tribunal final stage werewolves

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

Joseph goebbels

ingratiating w a goebbels

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

Joseph goebbels

I thought he was the famous Nazi doctor, like the guy one of the characters in I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream is based on. If not, then who is that?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chokes McGee posted:

When did you stop playing? The game underwent a total overhaul, and you get the robes for free at this point.

Though if you just hate the MMO grind, the current game's not going to change your opinion.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/838795080181907457

what the gently caress?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

also ianap (i am not a psychic) but it seems to me that if you actually did bother to collect those statistic the incidence of violence against women by foreign nationals in the us would be vastly, vastly, VASTLY dwarfed by the incidence of violence against women by us citizens

I mean violence against women is always bad everywhere, the real issue is this is some hella blind eye/projection/hypocricy

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Squizzle posted:

teen vogue published a piece on the epigenetic transmission of ptsd and its link to the Black consciousness of slavery in america

teen vogue

Going around the idiot parents to educate the youth. There are some places where teen magazines were the only place you could learn about condoms before the Internet came along.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

triple sulk posted:

:same:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Addamere posted:

I thought he was the famous Nazi doctor, like the guy one of the characters in I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream is based on. If not, then who is that?

That guy's Josef Mengele

If you want to know how completely hosed up he was, read this book: https://www.amazon.com/Auschwitz-Doctors-Eyewitness-Miklos-Nyiszli/dp/161145011X

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Chokes McGee posted:

oh good, glad this is a complete nothingburger of a

...uh

it's not a nothing burger, obviously. but it's a heck of a lot different from the original ban

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Addamere posted:

just google evil nazi doctor

its probdbly the first result

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SirPhoebos posted:

When did you stop playing? The game underwent a total overhaul, and you get the robes for free at this point.

A long, long time ago. Is FFXI still active? Is it still a thing? How is that a thing and City of Heroes isn't any more?

the world is a cruel cruel place

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ginning up bullshit panics about the savage mosulmen, ofc

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

Joseph goebbels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw9sQ98s9AE

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

Gonna need a lawyer to interpret the intent of this statement.

He did double negative, but connoted it that it wasn't obvious even thought it would be unlawful but just not apparently so, by the guise of being lawful

perhaps if you will

*lowers reading glasses Schumerously and reads from the paper*

euphronius is merely saying his intent is hidden by the unlawful lawful.

So what you're saying is we need to prepare for surviving the eventuality that law becomes lawless?

I got you fam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclCCFNG9q4

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*Reince sighs, unsheathing katana*

"This is the last straw, Bannon. I have tried to reason with you. I challenge you to trial by combat on the white house lawn."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the guy assigned to that has the easiest job in the world.

They just come to his office:

"0!"

"Maybe..... maybe one"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that Evangelicals killing their gay kids for defying God's law or redcaps murdering Muslims aren't going to be counted

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
So the travel ban now only applies to new visa applicants? Bannon and Miller got cucked lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

"This is the last straw, Bannon. I have tried to reason with you. I challenge you to trial by combat on the white house lawn."

*bannon pulls out gun and shoots him*

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Calibanibal posted:

how are you people playing breath of the wild is there a working switch emulator already

It's on WiiU as well, but Switches aren't hard to find. Nintendowns.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that Evangelicals killing their gay kids for defying God's law or redcaps murdering Muslims aren't going to be counted

bold statement but imma back you on it

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

they must have some sort of neural net processor, a learning computer

come with me if you want to ~L I V E~ :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Lastgirl posted:

"There can only be one, Reince."

• Locked thread