Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

Thoughts: I wanted to put Joe Mixon up there but he'll probably drop and I'll look foolish.

Mixon's a case where if your ranking where he'll actually be picked then yeah top 50 is almost surely a reach. If you're ranking him based solely on talent he's (at least in my opinion) absolutely in the top 50 and might be knocking on the door of the top 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm totally on board with Jamal Adams at #6 if the Jets opt for the QB-less tank season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm totally on board with Jamal Adams at #6 if the Jets opt for the QB-less tank season.

Don't you loving dare.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I feel like there isn't a single guy who deserves to be top 5. This sucks to have the franchise's highest pick ever and no one to use it on. gently caress

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
still better than being the Chiefs in 2013, worst year to have a #1 pick ever

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

I feel like there isn't a single guy who deserves to be top 5. This sucks to have the franchise's highest pick ever and no one to use it on. gently caress

Mike Williams would be a pretty nice consolation prize after letting Jeffery walk.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SHOAH NUFF posted:

still better than being the Chiefs in 2013, worst year to have a #1 pick ever

yeah that would've sucked

if the bears draft Mike Williams I'm going to scream. letting Marshall go then drafting a failed replacement who , best case, was a younger marshall, only to do that again two years later? loving hell

I wish they picked around 12 and could just draft OJ howard and be happy w/ it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

mastershakeman posted:

Mike Williams deserves it. You're right though it is kinda a weak top 5 this year and most of the talent is in WR and DB.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
I've heard Mike Williams and Corey Davis described as the top tier of WR for this draft &
Williams wins the ball in coverage / can out jump defenders vs. Davis creates elite separation

the latter skill set seems more valuable

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why are you so high Williams? I only saw two of his games so I'm coming from a place of ignorance but the lack of separation and occasional alligator arms stood out. Cool circus catches though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Why are you so high Williams? I only saw two of his games so I'm coming from a place of ignorance but the lack of separation and occasional alligator arms stood out. Cool circus catches though.

Same reason I was high on Mike Evans. He doesn't create separation but he just doesn't give a gently caress. He's a security blanket WR which is pretty valuable in a league full of iffy QBs. His speed issues are also hogwash. He can get downfield in a hurry and win pretty much every jump ball.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Really don't like the LB from Florida eh

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Does he really have Evans' high point ability? If so that's perfect for the toss it up guys like Flacco, Stafford, and Winston. At this point I'd like the Ravens to draft one, just one, WR who can actually catch the ball. My hope is that Kupp's poor 40 pushes him to the 2nd round.

It's hard to trust a receiver named Mike Williams again.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How do Mike Williams & Corey Davis compare to sayyyy the 2014 class? Would they have still been 1st rounders? Are they really That Good or is the WR class just that barren this year?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Does he really have Evans' high point ability? If so that's perfect for the toss it up guys like Flacco, Stafford, and Winston. At this point I'd like the Ravens to draft one, just one, WR who can actually catch the ball. My hope is that Kupp's poor 40 pushes him to the 2nd round.

It's hard to trust a receiver named Mike Williams again.

Yes he does. One of the best high point/body control WRs in years. He would be a perfect fit with Flacco.

Edit: kinda doubt he's there at 16, though.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 6, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

There is no QB to take at 6 anyway. Watson would be an utter disaster. I prefer a trade down but I'm good with Adams too.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

How do Mike Williams & Corey Davis compare to sayyyy the 2014 class? Would they have still been 1st rounders? Are they really That Good or is the WR class just that barren this year?

Williams would be ahead of Mike Evans a little bit. Corey Davis would probably be a first rounder too. I was really off on that WR class thinking that Watkins was a bonafide superstar and ODB was a huge reach. I mean Watkins still looks great when he's healthy but whatever.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

Williams would be ahead of Mike Evans a little bit. Corey Davis would probably be a first rounder too. I was really off on that WR class thinking that Watkins was a bonafide superstar and ODB was a huge reach. I mean Watkins still looks great when he's healthy but whatever.

You're pretty much saying here that Mike Williams is going to be a top 5 WR in the NFL...I don't see it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

mcmagic posted:

You're pretty much saying here that Mike Williams is going to be a top 5 WR in the NFL...I don't see it.

He probably is, hth.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hth? Are you serious?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Alright who has the best names or nicknames? Gotta start working on my Big Board.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bigass Moth posted:

Alright who has the best names or nicknames? Gotta start working on my Big Board.

Taco Charlton
Corn Elder

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bigass Moth posted:

Corn Elder.

Actual 100% real name.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Jeremy Sprinkle and Mike Tyson are my favorites

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

bug howard

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Corn Elder.

Actual 100% real name.

Having just learned this is a real person, I'm disappointed he didn't go to Iowa.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Corn Elder has been at the top of my Big Board for a long time. I'm looking for the next Barkevious.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hth? Are you serious?

Totes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

Yes he does. One of the best high point/body control WRs in years. He would be a perfect fit with Flacco.

Edit: kinda doubt he's there at 16, though.

Oh there's no way he's there for Baltimore's pick. I'm just saying I've reached the point that I would be comfortable with the Ravens spending a 1st overall pick on Jarvis Landry's clone because holy poo poo it's been 20 years and no WR with decent hands drafted. It's frankly astounding.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hth? Are you serious?

:dunkedon:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The lack of separation knock worries me because the Titans need a breakaway threat, but I still think it's the pick just because of the focus spent on changing out WR coaches. Or it'll be Adams and I'll be pissed because it doesn't address anything.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

The lack of separation knock worries me because the Titans need a breakaway threat

Where are the Titans picking again? Because this sounds like John Ross, although I guess the Rams pick might feel too high to take him and he might not last until your actual pick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs drafted a wide receiver with blazing speed and size intangibles even though he had issues with separation.

He just finished his second year and managed to get 530 yards and zero touchdowns. :cool:

edit: I'm talking about Chris Conley, whose draft comparable was Cody Latimer, a receiver with the same issues that managed to gain 76 yards all last year.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 6, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Chris Conley as a physical specimen is as freaky as they come, his combine results are mind blowing. He also made a ton of really tough catches last year. I feel like if he had a different QB, or was on a team that just fed him more, he would produce

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He can't separate. The easy answer is to blame it on Alex Smith but then you watch Tyreek roasting the league.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

He can't separate. The easy answer is to blame it on Alex Smith but then you watch Tyreek roasting the league.

For all of 593 yards.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

Where are the Titans picking again? Because this sounds like John Ross, although I guess the Rams pick might feel too high to take him and he might not last until your actual pick.

Pick Five. I wouldn't mind doubling up on corners, but I have a feeling offense is high on the FO's mind - they took Henry in the second last year, after all

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Tyreek had like 40 more yards than Conley for the season, and that was with Hill being pretty much the #1 target for Alex Smith.

I agree with you that Conley's production has underwhelmed relative to his skills, but I do think its because of the system he is in (Chiefs WRs don't produce well) and he is also the #4 target after Hill, Maclin, Kelce and maybe even whatever RB is in the backfield

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

For all of 593 yards.

Oh c'mon. You watched the games. Can you remember more than like, one catch for Chris Conley?

Tyreek was all over the drat field and scored 12 times as a rookie compared to Conley's zero. Do you really think Conley would go be a star somewhere else? Would you draft Conley in any league next season?

edit: If I had a PFF account I'd look up their grades but I'm betting Conley is pretty low.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
turns out that when being thrown to by alex smith, you can't fairly judge burner deep threat WRs

• Locked thread