Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota

Eyud posted:

You bastard.
I don't get it

e: oh dammit new page, I'll leave this here.

Lord Crapulus posted:

Sebring effort(ish)post time!

12 Hours of Sebring! C7 DP's! GT3's! Next weekend (March 11-12)! A mere less-than-two weeks away! Sign up here if you haven't already: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PXAGd7pa8CV8PUOrx-0X3eicHwescrffNlkTZOsyGyY/! There are two race slots! Saturday 1300 GMT! Sunday 0100 GMT! The spreadsheet's got signups for both of them!

BSS is running 40 minute fuel limited single-class afternoon races this week! IMSA is running 75 minute non-fuel limited multiclass night races this week! Either would be great practice! If you are thinking about the Mercedes, I've got :krad: sets for you! Look on the setup tab of the spreadsheet for links to them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Lord Crapulus posted:

I don't get it

It's the weekend after next :ssh:

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I have always called the upcoming weekend "this weekend" and the one after "next weekend" :colbert:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I have always called the next weekend "next weekend"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, people in the UK have lots of dumb phrases that make no sense.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lord Crapulus posted:

I have always called the upcoming weekend "this weekend" and the one after "next weekend" :colbert:

I, too, speak 'murican.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I had no idea I was being so controversial. Well, maybe I did since I put the actual date in there to be most clear. Whatever.

Lord Crapulus fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 1, 2017

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

These are my final L79 @ Nurburgring combined sets, in case anyone else is going to do this completely insane combination. Hopefully there's a good field tomorrow night.

Q: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfiwzk8hydgtx3q/17s1%20Nurburgring%20Gesamt%20Q.sto?dl=0
R: https://www.dropbox.com/s/smwj2lxfat10hms/17s1%20Nurburgring%20Gesamt%20R.sto?dl=0

e: I don't remember what I've got the fuel level set at for the R set above, 14 gallons is really pushing it (and isn't enough if you're slower), so I'd go up to 14.5 there.

Lord Crapulus fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 3, 2017

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I've done zero practice and I like my SR where it is, so I might wait until Saturday to get rekd by the ring.

...or I could just practice L79 for shits and giggles, and do Skip races at Sebring because it's a punishment that I strangely enjoy.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Ring is great for SR, so many corners that count towards it that are flat out. People do seem to be having a lot of trouble with the first sector with the cold weather though.

In a momentary lapse of judgement, I signed up for a L79 CTC team with ohsh for next season (gitgud scrub). They're not sure yet if there are going to be 2 or 3 drivers per team, but if it ends up being 3, a third goon on our team would be awesome. If it ends up being 2, and there are other goons doing this, you guys should get a team going too, but really everyone should be doing it because the L79 is :krad:

I was bored at work this week and was looking at participation from this season, and there are basically 7 time slots that can be counted on to go official (as opposed to the 10 or whatever that they advertise on the iR forums): Thursday 2030 GMT, Friday 230, Friday 2030 (this is the worst one, doesn't always go), Saturday 1430 and 1630, and Sunday 1430 and 1630 (Sunday races normally split, the 1630 is a little more popular but that might be because of the Trellet broadcast that is ending after this season).

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

If they do 3 person teams, I'll join you two. I won't run a 100% kosher livery though... Whichever one we are assigned, I'll add something subtle. It won't be as big as the Audi grenade headlights, but I'm going to add something small... just not sure what.

Otherwise I'm going full BearPope.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I'm pretty sure that even those sperglords are okay with a little customizing, seems like everybody does a little something. I saw you had your BearPope loaded up though, it made me giggle a bit.

I know there were some other people talking about running this series; it'd be neat if we had enough goons doing it where we could make our own races go official :v:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

That would be pretty cool.

...one of my potential "modifications" was a small BearPope on the side of the wing. A lot of liveries leave the inside surface of the wing blank, and there is plenty of room to stick a BearPope in there.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
So is the Merc decided for Sebring 12h? I need to start practicing or it'll be a disaster.

poshphil
Jun 17, 2005

I am interested in running the L79 but only the Thursday 20:30 works for me so I'll probably be running it independently of the rest of you.

I'm also most likely skipping the 2k race this week as I have done no practice and not driven that layout before, in which case I can do both goon at races.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Lord Crapulus posted:

I know there were some other people talking about running this series; it'd be neat if we had enough goons doing it where we could make our own races go official :v:

Friday night goonrush of a L79 race?

e: gently caress it next Friday Gooncar is L79 at Monza, practice for S2 Wk1 the following week, 0030GMT race slot.

Vando fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 4, 2017

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

GhostDog posted:

So is the Merc decided for Sebring 12h? I need to start practicing or it'll be a disaster.

Yeah, looks like. We'll probably have a srs bsns team and a normal team for the first race slot and then maybe a normal team for the second if people aren't totally discouraged by the first!

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

poshphil posted:

I am interested in running the L79 but only the Thursday 20:30 works for me so I'll probably be running it independently of the rest of you.

I'm also most likely skipping the 2k race this week as I have done no practice and not driven that layout before, in which case I can do both goon at races.

I'm skipping 2k as well... I'm booked all day with real life things, so I'm missing GoonCar also :(

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Lord Crapulus posted:

Yeah, looks like. We'll probably have a srs bsns team and a normal team for the first race slot and then maybe a normal team for the second if people aren't totally discouraged by the first!

I feel like we'll have at least 3 teams for the first slot, you/blk/caseface, ziploc/KEVIN/(alex/me?), larry/ghostdog/(me/whoever else is around)

I think eyud resubbed? And there's always some reprobate who can be forced to race a stint or two.

Vando fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 4, 2017

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

That works too, I didn't know how many filthy casuals were going to want to do 4 hours in a race

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
:siren: Gooncar tonight! :siren:

Last race(s) of the season, the New Hampshire double header. Road at 9GMT, oval at 10GMT.

So remember to show up an hour early, scrubs!

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
My kid's dumb stupid birthday. :(

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

stupid comcast :argh:

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

Final Gooncar standings:

Overall

Road

Oval

Congratulations to Ziploc, the Winter 2017 overall and oval champion! Congratulations too I guess to blk96gt, the road champion! I'm all sad now that I looked at the road points and saw that I would've won it if I hadn't gotten murdered by lapped traffic and how am I supposed to validate my existence now :suicide:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Turns out I am complete garbage at driving the Skip Barber on road courses but much better on ovals

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_if8L5L_QI

:lol: at the "IT'S NOT A GAME" intro, but mostly interested in the new GT tire model. Might help my disastrous road SR. As it is I need to fire up iRacing and run some TTs to get my road SR back above A2.0.

Fuzz_83
Nov 9, 2016

Vando posted:

I feel like we'll have at least 3 teams for the first slot, you/blk/caseface, ziploc/KEVIN/(alex/me?), larry/ghostdog/(me/whoever else is around)

I think eyud resubbed? And there's always some reprobate who can be forced to race a stint or two.

I have a funeral to attend to now on Saturday.

I'm still going to drive but my availability is going to be limited.

Fuzz_83 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 7, 2017

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Hmph, you kids these days. I had a funeral last month on Cape-freakin-Cod and drove home in literal blizzard conditions for 2 hours (ironically the guy had died from driving off the road in the snow) with my whole family in the car and I still made the Gooncar race at Bristol Richmond Phoenix. I had to go straight from the car to my desk ("Can you get the kids?") and drove the race literally in a suit; tie, jacket and all.

I also won. :agesilaus:

E: Three tries to get which race right. :histdowns:

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 7, 2017

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

That's not a tie, that's a racing stripe.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

The Science Goy posted:

That's not a tie, that's a racing stripe.
This post triggered my RSS alert for whenever anyone on the internet says thinks or in any way interacts with my name or any subset thereof.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
does that include fruitpants

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

The Science Goy posted:

That's not a tie, that's racing pants.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Sebring poo poo: we need more drivers. Phil/Harvey/Eyud/Helicon?

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Yeah maybe, I'm not working this weekend.

Let me try the Merc after the patch and if it feels good I'll throw my name on the list. For some reason me and the Porsche just can't get on so if this "new tyres for GT3 based on Porsche tyre data" gives me the same issues I would have to pass.

poshphil
Jun 17, 2005

Vando posted:

Not sure I can make it sadly, I have a load of stuff on this weekend.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

So Friday Gooncar is L79 @ Monza, here are some sets. The R set has enough for the 28 lap normal official race, which will be too much for our 30 minute thing (probably 20 laps), so if you want to take some out crazy-go-nuts-you. These are slightly modified versions of the ones from the L79 setup pack because I don't really know what I'm doing yet and Monza is not the track to figure it out at.

Q: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wygu59cq07g4851/17s2%20Monza%20Q.sto?dl=0 (ohsh this is not the same one that I sent you already, that one is garbage)
R: https://www.dropbox.com/s/99q1efroslavorp/17s2%20Monza%20R.sto?dl=0

note: the car is normally a lot more fun than at Monza, there are weird setup things here that you would do literally nowhere else for MOAR SPEED

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Vando posted:

Yeah, I'll be around. Added myself to the sheet.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

I hate everything about the new GT tires because I am old and fear change (also because my old sets don't work anymore). Practice sessions are fun though, within 30 minutes or so, about half the track is dirty enough where it sounds like you're making popcorn. Going to be a total shitshow, I should've went out of town this weekend :mad:

I think blk is working on a C7 setup, if someone else wants to unfuck a Merc set, at least we're covered for whichever.

e: I put the latest version of the Merc set into the spreadsheet, I definitely feel like it could be better though.

Lord Crapulus fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 9, 2017

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
I'm leaning towards the c7 at this point.

Caseface what are your thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

I haven't been able to practice at all for the past week, so I'm on an even playing field for either car. No sick BearPope livery for the C7 though.

I thought I saw something on the iR forums about the C7 having even worse traction than before when on cold tires... but that could have been someone with a worthless setup.

I'll be running laps this afternoon, I just need to know if I'll be meatballing the C7 or the Merc while I get used to the latest update.