Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
here is the general breakdown the way i see it:

guy who has saved his universe and multiple gods from sure destruction several times, and is so valued that he regularly is given preferential treament by the master of death: hey lets have a fun tournament in which to test our combat abilities

god above all who can't count: okay but also i'm going to destroy quintillions of lives for no particular reason, because despite my omnipotence, i just want less of life everywhere

bergamo: man it's truly the first guy that is the problem here. im part of the trio de dangers.

goons: well said bergamo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

tbp posted:

guy who has saved his universe and multiple gods from sure destruction several times, and is so valued that he regularly is given preferential treament by the master of death: hey lets have a fun tournament in which to test our combat abilities

god above all who can't count: okay but also i'm going to destroy quintillions of lives for no particular reason, because despite my omnipotence, i just want less of life everywhere

bergamo: man it's truly the first guy that is the problem here. im part of the trio de dangers.

He's a good dog, Bront :mad:

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Blockhouse posted:

keep in mind that line came from a kaioshin

Surely all 6 fighters from the tournament were stronger than the kaioshin, we know that all of 7's fighters are from experience. It definitely wasn't a reference to his own strength, but one of gods of destruction

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I really hope there's one Universe's top fighter that absolutely hates Goku to the point of refusing to give him a real fight. Like they help their team and take the rest of 7's team seriously, but refuses to give Goku the satisfaction of a real fight when its just down to them.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tonetta posted:

Surely all 6 fighters from the tournament were stronger than the kaioshin, we know that all of 7's fighters are from experience. It definitely wasn't a reference to his own strength, but one of gods of destruction

yeah I'm just saying grain of salt since historically they're not the best judges of strength

keep in mind beerus' reaction to ssb kaioken x10 was getting mad that goku never used that against him

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

kaioshin vary insanely in terms of strength (zamasu was ~ss2 level when he was still "early" in his training, then all that BS he did after and he was the strongest character we've actually seen fight aside from ssb vegito). some can be really strong but i assume GoDs are all roughly ssb level or higher

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

it likely won't have worked out well for him if Bergamo called out Zeno directly on his bullshit

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

it likely won't have worked out well for him if Bergamo called out Zeno on his bullshit

well yeah but that doesn't mean we, the viewers, have to agree with bergamo!! goku is GOOD!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tonetta posted:

After having rewatched the episode, the gods were saying that goku's powers rivaled the gods before the kaioken technique, so with it, it's probably he really is just outright stronger than most of the gods for those brief moments. Of course, pushing himself like he has would only have made him stronger

they said his power rivaled the gods because he was using god ki. it doesn't mean anything and they could still go "o btw beerus is still stronger lol", so don't be surprised when they do that kind of thing later

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

tbp posted:

Zeno is bad because he's planning to destroy hundreds of trillions of lives because he's an idiot.

Goku is bad because he has allowed himself to be consumed by the Satsui no Hado.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

they said his power rivaled the gods because he was using god ki. it doesn't mean anything and they could still go "o btw beerus is still stronger lol", so don't be surprised when they do that kind of thing later

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Goku will surpass Beerus but then Beerus will train for 4 months and become EVEN STRONGER

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm pretty sure if Beerus wasn't a lazy rear end in a top hat and trained he could be like Frieza

Golden Beerus

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe this isn't even Beerus FINAL FORM

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

beerus' transformations would change him into different kinds of cat

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Crabtree posted:

I really hope there's one Universe's top fighter that absolutely hates Goku to the point of refusing to give him a real fight. Like they help their team and take the rest of 7's team seriously, but refuses to give Goku the satisfaction of a real fight when its just down to them.

The character who refuses to fight Goku for any reason should be Brolina.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Manatee Cannon posted:

beerus' transformations would change him into different kinds of cat

Straight to Maine Coon.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

VanSandman posted:

Straight to Maine Coon.

Tiger Man.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

his final form is regular beerus wearing a toupee

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

His final form makes him immune to splashes of water.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Cran posted:

The character who refuses to fight Goku for any reason should be Brolina.

That'd be pretty hilarious. Finally, a 'sane' Broly who can just power up infinitely and give Goku any kind of fight he could ever want, and he's shut down.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Black August posted:

That'd be pretty hilarious. Finally, a 'sane' Broly who can just power up infinitely and give Goku any kind of fight he could ever want, and he's shut down.

Probably to just piss him off and bait him into an easy ring out as he chases her around.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You think Frost and Lavender will end up getting into a poison off during the Rumble?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rhonne posted:

You think Frost and Lavender will end up getting into a poison off during the Rumble?

Most likely the dudes from the universes we've already met (Universe 6 and Universe 9) will be taken out by the Even Bigger Threat to Goku and Co.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's already been stated that artificial weapons are prohibited, that includes Frost's poison needle.

He'll probably still use it anyway because he's Frost. :v:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Most likely the dudes from the universes we've already met (Universe 6 and Universe 9) will be taken out by the Even Bigger Threat to Goku and Co.

I feel like Frost, Cabba, and Brolina will last a while given their prominence in the opening. I fully expect Hit to be taken out early though.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I want Brolina to start a group of fighters that really don't want to be there like the loser clique in high school or something. Gohan can join

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tbp posted:

but the first guy seems to be totally cool with quintillions being destroyed as a result of his actions, which is not a thing good guys think.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
You can still say Goku isn't evil, but the show is starting go put him under the microscope and show that he's not really all that good. Like, yeah, it's funny to see him blow off work to go train like he likes, but that's not a thing a good role model does. Goku is self-centered enough to completely ignore his two best friends having a baby together, and instead go start a tournament. When that tournament spirals out of control his response is "Awesome, now I'll have tons of fights!" It's not too far removed from that sociopath test about the lady who meets a cute guy at a funeral.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

tbp posted:

Theoretical hero who mostly does it for the strong men it allows him to meet: "I'm bored. Let me go ask that dude I just saw wipe a universe to start a tournament for me."

Literal Destruction God: "Don't loving do it, it's too dangerous."

Theoretical hero: "Imma do it anyways!"

Universe wiping dudes: "Sure. Losers get their universes wiped"

'Hero': "Sounds fair."

Everyone else: "What the gently caress!?"

Sonic Puppy: "This guy's an rear end in a top hat!"

Everyone else: "Yep."

'Hero': "Come at me bros."

Goons: "The dog's right. That guy's an rear end in a top hat!"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

Theoretical hero who mostly does it for the strong men it allows him to meet: "I'm bored. Let me go ask that dude I just saw wipe a universe to start a tournament for me."

Literal Destruction God: "Don't loving do it, it's too dangerous."

Theoretical hero: "Imma do it anyways!"

Universe wiping dudes: "Sure. Losers get their universes wiped"

'Hero': "Sounds fair."

Everyone else: "What the gently caress!?"

Sonic Puppy: "This guy's an rear end in a top hat!"

Everyone else: "Yep."

'Hero': "Come at me bros."

Goons: "The dog's right. That guy's an rear end in a top hat!"

He didn't say it sounded fair he even wanted ask Zen-oh to remove that part. And Zen-oh was just gonna wipe them all anyway whether or not Goku mentioned the tournament. So Goku saved at least 1 universe.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Kild posted:

He didn't say it sounded fair he even wanted ask Zen-oh to remove that part. And Zen-oh was just gonna wipe them all anyway whether or not Goku mentioned the tournament. So Goku saved at least 1 universe.

Zen-O was going to wipe 8 universes at some point or another in the future instead of on a set schedule. He's a child distracted by a new friend, who knows when he would get around to it? By then maybe a few, or even all (unlikely as that may be), would have had time to bring their levels up to 7+

As for the "sounds fair" that was basically his reaction immediately after hearing about the tournament stakes. *Shrug* I'll just have to win. And what stopped him from asking Zeno not to punish universes with being wiped? He sure as gently caress didn't take Beerus' and Whis' advice not to pester him for the tourney in the first place.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
That's according to whis, who could by lying through his teeth. I think it's best to keep in mind literally anything can happen because it's dragon ball

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Goku is right.

https://twitter.com/teamfourstar/status/838902120430649344

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The main takeaway from this arc, if you really think about it, is that "Trio de Dangers" is a really stupid name.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

projecthalaxy posted:

The main takeaway from this arc, if you really think about it, is that "Trio de Dangers" is a really stupid name.

It really is. And they all got whomped too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Those were your three strongest Universe 9 really

I'm pretty sure Piccolo could have taken them in a fight.

Universe 9 is just going to quietly abstain from the tournament and hope no one notices

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

Zen-O was going to wipe 8 universes at some point or another in the future instead of on a set schedule. He's a child distracted by a new friend, who knows when he would get around to it? By then maybe a few, or even all (unlikely as that may be), would have had time to bring their levels up to 7+

As for the "sounds fair" that was basically his reaction immediately after hearing about the tournament stakes. *Shrug* I'll just have to win. And what stopped him from asking Zeno not to punish universes with being wiped? He sure as gently caress didn't take Beerus' and Whis' advice not to pester him for the tourney in the first place.

whis told him not to and presumably he decided to listen this time because not listening is what caused this mess in the first place. this isn't exactly a huge leap to make so idk why it's up to question

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm not fond of their Whis but their Beerus is kind of bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.

Zamasu did nothing wrong.

• Locked thread