Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

weak wrists big dick posted:

if i had to watch a spinoff, it would be a dale gribble spin-off where he is thrown into prolonged scenarios that are not calm and peaceful suburban Texas (like warzones and shadow governments) but he is still hilariously incompetent but still manages to stay alive

Basically Flashman but Dale Gribble and in the 21st century

I think Dale works best as a side character. The Dale-centric episodes aren't very strong since he's so insane he works better playing off straight characters. That's why any scene with him and Hank are amazing. It's like he solely exists to troll Hank.

Dale, upon hearing Strickland Propane ran out of Char-king grills: "Pardon me sir, I am here to purchase a Wagner Char King Imperiale as advertised. My satisfaction depends on it!"

"Dale, go home!"

"BAIT AND SWITCH! BAIT AND SWITCH!" and he manages to get the whole crowd riled up for no real reason other than to give Hank a hard time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pocket sand, sha SHAAA

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

No switch! Bait and bait!

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Squirrel Tactics!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

The Archaic posted:

I think Dale works best as a side character. The Dale-centric episodes aren't very strong since he's so insane he works better playing off straight characters. That's why any scene with him and Hank are amazing. It's like he solely exists to troll Hank.

And insult Bill. He's the one that insults Bill the most.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

mojo1701a posted:

Yes, although Hank is much more churlish to Bill than anyone else...save maybe Bobby.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Dale, do NOT start the show yet!

Gotcha! *immediately activates music* And now, presenting your Propaniacs...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's right, we know about "rancho unicorno."

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

mojo1701a posted:

I like the episode where Dale uncharacteristically compliments Bill throughout the B plot.

Have you been working out?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

There is a visual gag in "Take Me Out of the Ball Game" that I didn't notice until a rewatch. After the softball game where Hank's micro-managing causes Peggy to lose control of her pitching, there is an exterior shot of the house and Hank's truck windshield is shattered.

That episode also had softball practice where Dale runs from Mr. Strickland to reach second base, at which point Buck keels over from chest pains. All of the players rush to his aid except for Dale, who evaluates the situation and takes off for third base.

I dunno why people are confused about the Hills being able to afford a modest house with a mortgage on an eighth of an acre in a Dallas suburb. Hank works full time and Peggy subs, and they have one child and two vehicles. I imagine that would be workable even in 2017.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Yeah but hank pumps gas for a living and works for tips

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hyrax Attack! posted:

There is a visual gag in "Take Me Out of the Ball Game" that I didn't notice until a rewatch. After the softball game where Hank's micro-managing causes Peggy to lose control of her pitching, there is an exterior shot of the house and Hank's truck windshield is shattered.

That episode also had softball practice where Dale runs from Mr. Strickland to reach second base, at which point Buck keels over from chest pains. All of the players rush to his aid except for Dale, who evaluates the situation and takes off for third base.

I dunno why people are confused about the Hills being able to afford a modest house with a mortgage on an eighth of an acre in a Dallas suburb. Hank works full time and Peggy subs, and they have one child and two vehicles. I imagine that would be workable even in 2017.

I always figured it was set ~90s anyway, things were cheaper then. Doesn't he meet W Bush at a campaign rally at some point?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

I always figured it was set ~90s anyway, things were cheaper then. Doesn't he meet W Bush at a campaign rally at some point?

Yeah after Bobby saved a drowning pig at the fair.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

they have a y2k episode mang

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah after Bobby saved a drowning pig at the fair.

"Is that the boy who saved the pig, or the boy with the pig heart?"

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Huh, it's Frank Gorshin's birthday. He was the riddler, you know

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Dusty old bones.

Full of green dust.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

oh my god the propaniacs episode is agonising :cripes:

It's one of those rare cases of Hank's character being off before the last couple seasons

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

That's right, we know about "rancho unicorno."

This is what the elves call "justice of the unicorn"!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
When the time is right, a maiden will be delivered up to me. Probably from the East.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

"Bobby, no! That's pig water."

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

HAT FETISH posted:

It's one of those rare cases of Hank's character being off before the last couple seasons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUBh5ZugAlg

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Propane Maniacs was in season 4

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Thank you for this

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The book "The Boy Ain't Right" is a must buy for fans of the show. It was written when the show was at peak greatness (and from Hank's perspective), and is easily worth the $3 Amazon is asking.

Highlights include:

-Cotton explaining where he went wrong with Hank (not leaving him in the forest and letting the wolves do their job)
-Hank's tips on how to help a child cope with a pet dying (cat: who cares? it isn't a dog. Dog: you will be too busy dealing with your own grief to worry about your child's emotions.)
-Bill's rejected baby adoption application (he reasoned two can live cheaper than one)

The whole book is like one great lost episode.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3PjsCPJIhs&t=10s

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

HAT FETISH posted:

What's wrong with Hank's character in the episode? He busts his gut laughing at things that aren't funny because they tangentially reference propane, and the whole diaper scene with the propane association president or whoever that was is pure gold. He's awkward and hates things like improv comedy but hates letting his friends down more, so he steps up when Joe Jack is off drunk.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
"How's your back, honey?"
"It's great Joe-Jack, how's your gambling problem?":mad:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Joe-Jack took a flask out of his desk and started drinking. It was so funny!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

muscles like this! posted:

Joe-Jack took a flask out of his desk and started drinking. It was so funny!

Baby did a bad, bad thing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUk-lhJVab0&hd=1

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I'm watching the trucking episode. The b plot loving blows.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Saalkin posted:

I'm watching the trucking episode. The b plot loving blows.

With Luanne and Peggy writing the song?

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Jimmy Wichard is good for a great line in pretty much every episode he's in

"It's the poo-man! And he's pickin' poo! Let's mash him!"

"I work at the car race, where the cars race."

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Highbrow Slick posted:

Jimmy Wichard is good for a great line in pretty much every episode he's in

"It's the poo-man! And he's pickin' poo! Let's mash him!"

"I work at the car race, where the cars race."

"I'm the boss!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU