Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Ps4 has this awesome bug where if someone leaves during the little character bloom zoomin sequence at the beginning of a match, it freezes the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Every single platform is going to fail to achieve their community Orders.

That's a sign of a really healthy, vibrant game.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It was pretty ridiculous how high it was. If they had set the other orders to also be dominance too it might've had a chance but they were almost always skirmish, eliminator,

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

lemonadesweetheart posted:

It was pretty ridiculous how high it was. If they had set the other orders to also be dominance too it might've had a chance but they were almost always skirmish, eliminator,

Yeah, Ive basically been locked into skirmish by my other orders because i need those sweet sweet salvage boxes. All the players wasting 4 high value salvage boxes on the little green ribbons seem crazy to me

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Last night before bed I was wondering if we would actually reach the goal. It was looking doubtful.

How hard could it be to set an attainable community goal? Don't they have all sorts of "big data" analytics that they bragged about in their dev stream or interview or whatever? Just pull data from previous weekends of dominion matches and set the goal a bit lower than that number to ensure the community actually meets it.

They're using "big data" analytics to balance the game, but they can't even set an attainable community goal for matches played? :psyduck:

e: Sad thought: What if they did exactly this, but the game is just dying so fast we still won't hit the goal?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Pearnicious posted:

Last night before bed I was wondering if we would actually reach the goal. It was looking doubtful.

How hard could it be to set an attainable community goal? Don't they have all sorts of "big data" analytics that they bragged about in their dev stream or interview or whatever? Just pull data from previous weekends of dominion matches and set the goal a bit lower than that number to ensure the community actually meets it.

They're using "big data" analytics to balance the game, but they can't even set an attainable community goal for matches played? :psyduck:

e: Sad thought: What if they did exactly this, but the game is just dying so fast we still won't hit the goal?

I'd actually love to see the number for how many games of dominance it would take an average player times how many players it would take to have achieved it. Some do the math for me. Is 50 games total over the entire period per player reasonable? Don't forget to multiply it by 8 or whatever.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
PS4 has a shitload of players. Not quite as high as the open beta but that's to be expected considering free open beta vs paid game.

Community events like play x many games total are stupid lazy anyway. It's not like any individual can really feel like they are contributing to achieving the total of 30546327732 required matches or whatever.

The events section should be used as a highlight temp leaderboard. Achieve the highest renown score in dominion, longest kill streak in elimination without a death, etc. Have it show the top 10 scores for each faction or hell for each class. That would be much cooler.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 6, 2017

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

The game is fun as gently caress, balance issues aside, but the fact that Ubi is overseeing everything doesn't give me much hope that this game will become anything more than a niche micro transaction saddled grind.

It's still early enough to give them the benefit of the doubt; I think they massively overestimated community participation.

I'll hold out hope...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Honestly I'd bet you we were either real close to or finished by now with it, if it wasn't for the constant death drops dominion gives.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Perestroika posted:

Really, the best feeling in the game is landing that last clutch Parry when you're one hit away from death, throwing the guy into a wall, and laughing while the inevitable slow powerhug winds up. So much salt.

This is indeed the best thing in the game. Even better is when they're at nearly full health and you just rob the entire round from them. Shugoki is so great. I just can't quite get the hang of his 50-50 GB/charge of the Oni thing. It feels so weird to run around unlocked so much.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

Honestly I'd bet you we were either real close to or finished by now with it, if it wasn't for the constant death drops dominion gives.

I think half my games ended in no exp/steel due to disconnects and such.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Can't check since I'm at work, but did the community really fail that dominion quest that was going to give 1000 steel and a chest? I was playing a bunch of dominion games last night and it seemed kind of far off from the goal, it's ridiculous if time ran out on it since I figured it was kind of a freebie.

On the other hand, I finally stopped playing Lawbringer now that I have him at prestige 3 and he's all decked out. Not sure if Shugoki is good anywhere else, but he's great in dominion when you can just run around finding people engaged in a 1v1 and sneak up behind them with a charged heavy to knock off half their health instantly. Seems like he would be kind of bad in any other situation though.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Kind of a bad look on Ubisoft's part for your community to fail an event like that for your 3 week old game. Although I think it has more to do with connectivity issues rather than a lack of a playerbase.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Javes posted:

Kind of a bad look on Ubisoft's part for your community to fail an event like that for your 3 week old game. Although I think it has more to do with connectivity issues rather than a lack of a playerbase.

Let's take it a step further. This community event was supposed to be a freebie for their servers being down for 8 hours last Saturday.

So it's either that they overestimated how active the community would be, or they divided the community too heavily with orders that weren't for the dominion game-type, or not enough games got completed because of crashes and disconnects.

:v: "Hey, sorry our godawful service poo poo the bed last weekend. Here's a community event to make up for it (that you can't complete because our service is still terrible)."

:ubisoft:

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 6, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I hate to exacerbate it, but with Tides of Numenera and Nier 2 freshly released, and planning a tabletop campaign to start in a week, I think I'm going to take a vacation from this until I start seeing a serious rebalancing, for LB especially, and stability improvements. I think this game really needs to be thrown in the oven to cook a little longer.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Patch for consoles tomorrow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5xv35n/patch_v103_releasing_on_xb1ps4_tomorrow_march_7/

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

FunkMonkey posted:

I hate to exacerbate it, but with Tides of Numenera and Nier 2 freshly released, and planning a tabletop campaign to start in a week, I think I'm going to take a vacation from this until I start seeing a serious rebalancing, for LB especially, and stability improvements. I think this game really needs to be thrown in the oven to cook a little longer.

Are you me

because same

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Are you serious about the community event failing? I just assumed those fixed to always be won and go up by a set number every so often, because if it failed it's first ever community event that would be a PR disaster for their game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Are you serious about the community event failing? I just assumed those fixed to always be won and go up by a set number every so often, because if it failed it's first ever community event that would be a PR disaster for their game.
currently seven hundred thousand dominion games short on ps4 with five and a half hours to go

the core gameplay elements are so good, it is a bummer about the decisions made around them

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well it's 5 hours left

but unless Ubisoft tweaks some of the numbers and cheats a bit it's gonna fail

In fact I think they already tweaked the numbers because it progressed real fast suddenly

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
PC is at 2.18 million out of the 2.8 million it needs. Not going to make it. Sad for just 1000 XP and 1 box, I mean what kind of crap reward is that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's 1000 steel and one box

cams
Mar 28, 2003

1500 posted:

PC is at 2.18 million out of the 2.8 million it needs. Not going to make it. Sad for just 1000 XP and 1 box, I mean what kind of crap reward is that.
they can't give away too much of the stuff that ruins all the 8 player modes, they want people to spend money on the stuff that ruins the 8 player modes.

it's why they are unlikely to ever remove or allow you to circumvent the stuff that ruins the 8 player modes, cause they make money off it.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Happy Murder Granny just wants to have fun with her friends, Huge Axe Dude and Spinny Daggers Girl.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Zzulu posted:

It's 1000 steel and one box

I stand corrected. but then again you get 600 a day for the daily orders. So you would get more steel over the weekend doing the daily orders than doing the event.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

1500 posted:

I stand corrected. but then again you get 600 a day for the daily orders. So you would get more steel over the weekend doing the daily orders than doing the event.

It feels kind of meaningless as well. Other quests, even the really tedious ones like fighting ten skirmish matches against AI, at least let you know you're making progress. Giving a quest to an entire community is completely impersonal and doesn't give any sense of reward. I reckon I put in more than my fair share of Dominion matches over the weekend to push it to completion, yet it still fails because people either don't like the game mode/kept getting dropped games/not enough players/whatever.

What is the takeaway supposed to be? We're collectively not enthusiastic enough to satisfy Ubisoft's demands, and need to like the game more in the future if we want our pittance?

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
this game needs more twitch tv integration and microtransactions to drum up player interest

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

What is the takeaway supposed to be? We're collectively not enthusiastic enough to satisfy Ubisoft's demands, and need to like the game more in the future if we want our pittance?

My takeaway is that ubi used a bad algorithm that either over-estimated the playerbase or their engagement with the game and the mode. Either way they look bad.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

cams posted:

currently seven hundred thousand dominion games short on ps4 with five and a half hours to go

the core gameplay elements are so good, it is a bummer about the decisions made around them

I play this and rocket league. Both games have a great core but RL does almost everything for Honor does with costumes game mode options etc and I've basically never thought about the UI in rocket league.

RL also aced their core game then expanded quite bit over time into other features and modes. Probably because they're small and didn't have resources but For Honor really would have done better under a similar process.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

My takeaway is that ubi used a bad algorithm that either over-estimated the playerbase or their engagement with the game and the mode. Either way they look bad.

It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't know they had the money and resources to do better if they'd just put in the god drat effort and stop cutting corners with poo poo, but that's Ubisoft in a nutshell for you.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Community event is being extended to Thursday due to "an error calculating the goal threshold" according to their CM.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Javes posted:

Community event is being extended to Thursday due to "an error calculating the goal threshold" according to their CM.

Can't wait until they start balancing the game based off of "big data" analytics. They're so good at it!

:ughh: :ubisoft:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

I don't see why vs. AI wasn't included. I'm sure they'll say something about people just putting their game on, and going out for the day, but people AFK in PvP mode too. :shrug:

I doubt I'm the only one who refuses to touch PvP for any length of time, because I love getting two hits into a chain, then knocked on my rear end and eviscerated in a flash of yellow.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

If anyone's like me and tried everything to get their NAT type to open, try setting up a firewall exception for Uplay Launcher that's in your Ubisoft folder. Turns out I didn't even need to do all that archaic port forwarding bullshit.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Is it just me, or does every once in a while, your attacks come out god awfully slow even though you're not exhausted?!

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

My takeaway is that ubi a bad

good to go

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

limited posted:

I doubt I'm the only one who refuses to touch PvP for any length of time, because I love getting two hits into a chain, then knocked on my rear end and eviscerated in a flash of yellow.

Take it out of duel at the very least. Are you supposed to be taking revenge on me for attacking you in a 1v1?

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Xguard86 posted:

I play this and rocket league. Both games have a great core but RL does almost everything for Honor does with costumes game mode options etc and I've basically never thought about the UI in rocket league.

RL also aced their core game then expanded quite bit over time into other features and modes. Probably because they're small and didn't have resources but For Honor really would have done better under a similar process.

This made me realize For Honor would actually be better if there was less of it. Not that we're drowning in content, but the game would unironically benefit from more focus. Like holy poo poo making sure the network model works well and putting all focus in that before putting all kinds of crap around the game.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I've stopped playing. I had some fun but this game isn't going to get fixed and Path of Exile started a new league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Even though this game has many faults I still can't stop playing it.