Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Spoilers maybe? Jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Shageletic posted:

So is it a teaser before Logan or is it a mid credits teaser? Wondering if I should stick around after the movie like its a Marvel movie.

Before Logan. Not a teaser in the sense that it shows any footage from the upcoming film. It's a quick short.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Someone filmed the Deadpool teaser (in really lovely quality):

https://streamable.com/aw9dd

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's missing the whole beginning.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

It's out properly now. Makes more sense like this ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4tFNfROlqk

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Deadpool is just an okay movie.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think Deadpool 2 should be pushed forward to 2035. The technology just isn't there to do the character justice!
I can wait.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Eezee posted:

Making sense doesn't make it any better. That cat sound from the audio Library can get hosed. The whole "joke" of the trailer isn't funny. And I say this as someone who actually enjoyed Deadpool.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Indolent Bastard posted:

Making sense doesn't make it any better. That cat sound from the audio Library can get hosed. The whole "joke" of the trailer isn't funny. And I say this as someone who actually enjoyed Deadpool.
Dang guys I guess we gotta mark the official "not funny" checklist for this one, because this guy is here.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Eezee posted:

This is awful and has to absolutely kill the mood before Logan. Just really bad.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Ammanas posted:

has to absolutely kill the mood before Logan

Does it ruin the filmgoing experience for you every time a tonally disparate trailer plays in front of a movie?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Gotta be a poo poo movie if you're still thinking about poo poo commercials more than a few minutes in.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Musica Poetica in a Deadpool trailer. loving awful lmbo

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

feedmyleg posted:

Does it ruin the filmgoing experience for you every time a tonally disparate trailer plays in front of a movie?

When's it's not tagged as a trailer and I think the first person I see in Logan is Wade Wilson? Yeah, lil bit

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Wolverine and Deadpool are pretty frequently teamed up so that's a dumb complaint.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Deakul posted:

Wolverine and Deadpool are pretty frequently teamed up so that's a dumb complaint.

The entire last day of posts are the the movie equivalent of "I don't even own a TV" given Deadpool's surprise success.

Poor babies had their comic book movie ruined by a comic book short.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

OK let's subtract anything about 'before Logan' and talk about how stupid and unfunny it is instead.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ammanas posted:

OK let's subtract anything about 'before Logan' and talk about how stupid and unfunny it is instead.

If only there was A THREAD FOR THAT

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wait...we're not supposed to talk about trailers in the 'trailers' thread?

Meta.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I think they misread the post as being about Logan rather than being about what was before Logan.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I thought the trailer was ok, the phone booth costume change went on for too long but in all it was very Deadpool-ish and kinda funny.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

I think they misread the post as being about Logan rather than being about what was before Logan.

Yeah sorry that's how it read to me. "Ignore the teaser and let's talk about how unfunny Logan was."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Syncopated posted:

I thought the trailer was ok, the phone booth costume change went on for too long but in all it was very Deadpool-ish and kinda funny.

Yeah, the dialogue was fine but that phone booth gag went on loving forever. I'm sure they were giddy as hell to get the John Williams music but holy crap, there's "slow burn" and then there's "Jesus, we get it."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

especially since the punch line is so goddamn obvious.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

The gag doesn't really work if he changes quickly.

I liked it. :shrug:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axySrE0Kg6k

is Ariana Grande's mouth or the Beast the most CG'd thing in this video? watch to find out

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Eezee posted:

The gag doesn't really work if he changes quickly.

I liked it. :shrug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiKPCOaDhfo

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Groovelord Neato posted:

especially since the punch line is so goddamn obvious.

It seemed too obvious, I expected the mugger to be the dead one. It was a good trailer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Logan made 237m you can't kill my mood.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

Logan made 237m you can't kill my mood.

I liked the Deadpool teaser and I'm not ashamed to say it!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

You should be. Logan stands on its own. No one went to it for the lovely Deadpool short

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
Kiimo doesn't give a poo poo if someone didn't like the Deadpool trailer. What's important is that 237 million dollars worth of butts sat down and watched it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Comedy is subjective.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is everyone at fox partying again for Logan like they did after the Deadpool opening weekend?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha not nearly as much. There was a self-congratulatory meeting this morning with free bagels. I mean the budget was almost twice Deadpool and made less than Deadpool. Deadpool was an original movie and character that didn't have built-in equity from the power of its own brand*.

People were drinking at 9 in the morning after Deadpool's opening weekend.

edit *comic book branding doesn't count

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Amazing.

kiimo you keep this forum great. Keep fightin' the good fight.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

To be fair Deadpool didn't have any stank on him from previous movies. Not sure if Origins or The Wolverine count as equity or liability.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tracking in Europe and Asia went through the roof when we stuck "The Wolverine" on the bottom of the title.

It's hard to have negativity when nobody saw your previous stinker!

feedmyleg posted:

Amazing.

kiimo you keep this forum great. Keep fightin' the good fight.

:hf:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

Tracking in Europe and Asia went through the roof when we stuck "The Wolverine" on the bottom of the title.

Was this because "Logan" wasn't recognizable? I wondered about that early on, because without trailers or a poster, seeing "Logan" on a marquee doesn't anything to people who aren't already familiar with Wolverine's real-ish name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lobok posted:

To be fair Deadpool didn't have any stank on him from previous movies. Not sure if Origins or The Wolverine count as equity or liability.

Eh, Ryan Reynolds took a hit on Green Lantern, but they also took the piss out of that movie right off the bat with the GL joke in the trailer.

• Locked thread