Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I cried when the Monstars took away the NBA players' power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I cried when they revealed there ain't no rule that says dogs can't play basketball

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Who else cried when Ivan took that charge?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Who can remember the first time basketball made them cry?

For me as a Knicks fan it was the Charles Smith block party. (And then the entirety of the last 17 years)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I went to the grocery store for a few minutes only to return and find everyone talking about crying

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't remember if the .4 shot made me cry but I definitely fell to my knees and let out a scream of pure anguish so that's close enough

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I cried when Scott Howard won the big game and realized that his true love all along was his best friend and not the popular girl and he didn't need The Wolf.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The end of Terminator 2 when he is lowering himself into the melting vat and gives the thumbs up gets me every time.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I cried when those girls schooled barkley but it wasn't the sad kind of crying

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I was close to tears when Vince missed that jumper. Ended up just leaving the house and going to play basketball at the church playground around the corner. I was so worked up that I demanded this kid 2 years younger than me play me 1 on 1 up to 100. I beat him by like 75.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Inconsolable every time barkley g ets bullied by the godzilla

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I cry at most decisions my front office does on a daily basis

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Season four of the wire where Mr. Prez teaches school is one of the best tv season plot lines of all time

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
spirited away makes me sad and then happy

let's not forget in azumanga daioh when tomo found out yomi was going to go to a different university than her.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Ok talk about basketball

Vucevic hurt his achilles, that's bad news for the playoff bound Orlando Magic.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Chandler Parsons current run of play makes me cry. I'm a big enough man to admit it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
After hearing Rasheed Wallace declare that "Ball Don't Lie", I cried when the first time it in fact...lied.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I cried at the end of Titanic..

when that girl is in the water and jack Titanic is there too and she says "it's cold in there, you should get out" and jack just says "i love the titanic" and shoots himself in the mouth

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Nurkic is blossoming like i said he would and he will never stop getting better

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bogut is available to play for the Cavs now. Apparently it was a visa issue on why he wasn't playing until now.

Malone wants Plumlee to play more with Jokic, which I think is a terrible idea

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Closest I've come to crying over a movie was when R2-D2 wakes up and C-3PO says "I missed, you old friend" I teared up on initial and subsequent viewings.

Reading about Wesley Matthews coming to terms with his Achilles rupture not being a bad dream when he woke up the next morning kinda messed me up.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Kibner posted:

Could be a philosophy thing. I.e. "let someone other than the stars beat us."

Chart doesn't have enough information to draw serious conclusions. If a guy scores sixteen points against one team and seventeen against another it isn't that enlightening.

DeimosRising posted:

holy poo poo the space they get to take them

It's good they have space because Sam Perkins always loaded up to shoot his line drive 3P shots like a mummified sloth. He'd get blocked all the time today.

EvanTH posted:

Isn't he like the only dude in history to score 50+ with 3 or more teams?

Rick Barry and Wilton Chamberlain did it.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
jamal crawferd is definitely a super star and i won't hear anything different

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/uuords/status/838840651819151361

This draft class will probably average out to have great players and be fine overall...but right now? Ouch.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Just wait until Zhou Qi gets here

e: Look at this, he's already NBA ready

quote:

Powerhouse Xinjiang hammered defending champion Sichuan 108-86 though Zhou Qi was ejected in the second quarter for his elbowing on Hamed Haddadi in the 33rd round of the 2016-2017 Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) league action on Wednesday.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 7, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I cried like a baby when the cavs defeated evil in game 7

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zack Lowe has a great set of interviews with money griffen and Meyers

Short and they all say something relatively interesting .

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm getting hyped about rookie superstar denzel valentine only because he is the only NBA player with moves that are identical to a guy playing in two giant kneepads and a tattered No Lights At Wrigley Field t-shirt

euphronius posted:

lowe embarrasses himself in the morey interview when he demonstrates a complete ignorance of superstar sharpshooter john shurna

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

After the Three Alphas' era of dominance only lasting three games, the second-biggest Bulls letdown this season was when Valentine's "The people saying Summer League doesn't matter didn't win Summer League" poo poo-talking was not followed by a ROTY-contending season.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/uuords/status/838840651819151361

This draft class will probably average out to have great players and be fine overall...but right now? Ouch.

The biggest story is probably Ainge's reach for Jaylen Brown working out as well as it did.

The second is giving us a jump ball between two 5'9 guys in the NBA

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

The biggest story is probably Ainge's reach for Jaylen Brown working out as well as it did.

The fact that the pick looks less and less ridiculous as the season goes on is more than I could have ever asked for

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

euphronius posted:

I cried like a baby when the cavs defeated evil in game 7

I nearly passed out when my evil Patriots beat the Falcons in the super bowl.

Mainly because I was there, and the winning TD was scored 50 feet in front of me. And I hadn't stopped shouting since midway through the third.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

After the Three Alphas' era of dominance only lasting three games, the second-biggest Bulls letdown this season was when Valentine's "The people saying Summer League doesn't matter didn't win Summer League" poo poo-talking was not followed by a ROTY-contending season.

Denzel's looked better on offense lately, the Bulls' Rondo-Valentine-Bonefoot-Niko-Felicio lineup is surprisingly kind of fun unless it results in Zipser having to guard Crawford and getting crossed so bad that he ends up with a normal amount of foot bones.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I nearly passed out when my evil Patriots beat the Falcons in the super bowl.

Mainly because I was there, and the winning TD was scored 50 feet in front of me. And I hadn't stopped shouting since midway through the third.

That was an amazing game.

Crowd energy must have been nuts.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

euphronius posted:

Def less of a snooze than talking to Demar or Scott brooks
I don't blame them for doing it but there's nothing more boring than interviews where the dudes just give generic professional basketball responses

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I cried when I heard Lowry was dealing with an injury going into the final stretch before the playoffs (again). Especially after we got the PF we've been looking for for like 4 years now

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I cried tears of joy when Kevin Hart mentally destroyed the coward bully Draymond Green, setting the stage for the fraudulent Golden State Warriors to lose the NBA Finals to the Cleveland Cavaliers after being up 3-1

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Def less of a snooze than talking to Demar or Scott brooks
I don't blame them for doing it but there's nothing more boring than interviews where the dudes just give generic professional basketball responses

Meyers gives the most bland answers but does say a couple true things. Griffen and esp Morey talk for real.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
The Target Center's floor is apparently drenched with condensation from the ice under it. Blazers are supposed to tip off in an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
NBA N/V: Emotional Connections to Hoops and Other Media

• Locked thread