Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

"Hello, I'm Crono and these are my sons Locke, Wakka, and Goofy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

tap my mountain posted:

Video game name aren't nearly as bad as naming your daughter Reagan

I have heard of Americans with the first name Reagan a bunch of times and it only now occurred to me that it could be a Ronald Reagan thing. Is that the whole reason why some people in the US are called that?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

fridge corn posted:

My girlfriend suggested a name for our hypothetical daughter that is a normal name but also the name of a video game character tho she is unaware of that fact

The name is not Cindy

is it dante

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

an actual dog posted:

Just spell it Leah

I think that's actually what they did, thinking more about it.

e: I'm so bad about remembering my cousins' names lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Motto posted:

I think that's actually what they did, thinking more about it.

good Hebrew name

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

My uncle named one of his kids Leia but pronounced differently to provide probably not-at-all effective cover.

can't believe your uncle played tales of xillia

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

fridge corn posted:

My girlfriend suggested a name for our hypothetical daughter that is a normal name but also the name of a video game character tho she is unaware of that fact

The name is not Cindy
It's Lara, isn't it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Palpek posted:

It's Lara, isn't it.

It's Cidney.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Bayonetta

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Please, meet my sons Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Johnnycage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Palpek posted:

What kind of lameass parent has three sons and doesn't name the third Reptile and then stick them in a pit and pretend they don't exist?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So is Dishonored 2 any good?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

tap my mountain posted:

Video game name aren't nearly as bad as naming your daughter Reagan

Yeah because it reminds people of a foul mouthed, crucifix-loving, priest-killing demon.

Or that little girl from The Exorcist.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I remember reading an article on some crazy sect where children were named after common words and together they spelled out a sentence praising God. Somebody should do the same thing but spelling out a badass gaming quote.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Would you date a girl named "Miserable"?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jay Rust posted:

It's really good. They basically expanded upon everything good from the first and cut out bad things. Both chaotic and stealth paths are fully fleshed out now and have a nice arsenal, it's a really cool game.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Palpek posted:

I remember reading an article on some crazy sect where children were named after common words and together they spelled out a sentence praising God. Somebody should do the same thing but spelling out a badass gaming quote.

These are my daughters Tutha, Arrow, and Knee. No wait... ah geez. Tutha, how many times have I told you you have to stand in between your sisters when I'm introducing you?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

I bet that hypothetical daughter name was Emily

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my children, The Planets, Dianne and Cloud

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What I'll end up doing is just take my name and spell it backwards, like Alucard or that guy in Snatcher

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I did it, Ray

I clicked on the "Horizon uses cultural appropriation in a bad way" article. Jesus Christ.

Christina Fallin is one thing, like that's someone deliberately being super lovely. I'm only 1/4 Native and have no tribal affiliation but she can gently caress off and die forever. But come on... why must everything be terrible :(

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jay Rust posted:

What I'll end up doing is just take my name and spell it backwards, like Alucard or that guy in Snatcher

"And this is my son, Bob."

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Palpek posted:

It's really good. They basically expanded upon everything good from the first and cut out bad things. Both chaotic and stealth paths are fully fleshed out now and have a nice arsenal, it's a really cool game.

I'd like you to meet my kids Inede, Scissors, and Siksdeun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Name your daughter Zelda and tell anyone who asks it's in honor of F. Scott Fitzgerald's wife.

Jay Rust posted:

Opinions differ on whether it's slightly better or slightly worse than D1 but it's certainly up on the same level.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah its more of the same with refinements. didn't blow my mind or anything but good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Falcon Lombardi Johnson

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Palpek posted:

Noob Saibot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda.

Now Linkle, that's a dumb name

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 7, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Naming your kids after Game of Thrones characters has to be the worst trendy nerd parent thing, because at least video games are actually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tingle Doomguy Kong you will stop teasing Final Fantasy this instant or so help me

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'm gonna name my kid WAR DESTROYER after my Fallout 4 character.

Edit: Doom Slayer would be a good name for a kid too regardless of gender

Jay Rust posted:

Dishonored 2 owns but the plot is somehow even worse than 1's. You can easily ignore it though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Gerald Auvrivya Wilson you put down that magnifying glass right now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the plot is so thin its amazing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Now this, this is a name.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Name your kids Frisk and Lisa, so when they inevitably murder you people can have a sensible chuckle.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This poo poo is fascinating to me

quote:

From one of the Final Fantasy Games. My daughters name is Rinoa. It is as unique as she is. A lot of people try to pronounce it Rinella! But its just like Noahs ark with a R at the front. We call her Rinbug.

quote:

We also named our daughter this, and as previously said, most people unfortunately have a hard time pronouncing it. The most common mis-pronounciation for us is Rinola. Didn't think 5 little letters would be so hard! Our nicknames for her seem to help though...Rin, Noa, and our favorite, Rinny.

quote:

As I am a "Rinoa" I have lived with being called granola,Rinola,Rinona, Etc... So people spell me name R-i-n-o-a-h .. They were soo close... Lol... Anyways... My mom called me Rinoa of of Rinoa Heartily... I guess that's all.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

How do you get Rinella from Rinoa

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I pondered the idea of eventually grabbing a heavily discounted Wii U to have The Nintendo Machine with it's virtual console.

But, then I realized most of the games on VC are still $10 each. wtf.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I have a great aunt Zelda. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

How do you get Rinella from Rinoa

Now that quinoa is a thing she's probably going to have people calling her "Reen-wah" for the rest of her life.

• Locked thread