Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

lol you would have to be as clumsy as a retarded goon to scratch the screen like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

Those scalpers are pretty boned as seems like most goons were able to hit up a random store and find them and then more came in over the weekend. Nintendo, hopefully, learned their lesson from the NES classic gently caress up and just seem to be cranking these things out.

More likely: Interest is low.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Professor SJW posted:

lol you would have to be as clumsy as a retarded goon to scratch the screen like this

Or y'know, a child, the target audience for Nintendo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

Those scalpers are pretty boned as seems like most goons were able to hit up a random store and find them and then more came in over the weekend. Nintendo, hopefully, learned their lesson from the NES classic gently caress up and just seem to be cranking these things out.

Too bad they probably can just return them cause people who flip consoles on release are huge assholes.

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)

Professor SJW posted:

My fingers are the size of polish sausages and I smell like pickled eggs.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

My fingers are the size of polish sausages and I smell like pickled eggs.

im sorry about your goon disease :(

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

so, hardware-wise, how does this stack up against a gamecube?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Professor SJW posted:

Or a child, the target audience of toys

edit god dammit Bone

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

instead of buying a nintendo switch i think i'm going to invest in snapchat

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh dang, I thought they might've put little felt strips in the dock to avoid this problem

Oh man, maybe I'll do that myself. Good idea.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mandator posted:

instead of buying a nintendo switch i think i'm going to invest in snapchat

lol

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

More likely: Interest is low.

That was on Saturday. Today good luck finding one that isn't some scalper garbage. Yeah people aren't losing their minds trying to get one but they're not sitting around like the Wii U did.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao that is some avatar

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

That was on Saturday. Today good luck finding one that isn't some scalper garbage. Yeah people aren't losing their minds trying to get one but they're not sitting around like the Wii U did.

Honestly I never even recall the wii u coming out and didn't know it was a separate system from the wii for a long time after it's release. I heard the term and thought it was like a ps3 slim or 3ds xl kinda situation.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a glitch posted:

See if they tried that with the original Xbox the car would end up broken.

thats a recipe for a cracked hub for sure

the original xbox owned

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mandator posted:

so, hardware-wise, how does this stack up against a gamecube?

I haven't seen reports of lost fingats, so not well.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cthulu Carl posted:

I haven't seen reports of lost fingats, so not well.

lol

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

What did you do to make someone mad enough to give you a new AV but no red text? Were they too poor to do both, or how does that work?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Batterypowered7 posted:

What did you do to make someone mad enough to give you a new AV but no red text? Were they too poor to do both, or how does that work?

I think it's free to add red text if you buy the av so the person was just incredibly lazy.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Perhaps they felt that a picture was worth a thousand words, a few thousand in the case of that one.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'VE BEEN HAD

give me my av back!!!!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Professor SJW posted:

dragon quest has been doing that since the PS2 days so it's not like zelda suddenly adopted some new fad

yeah, zelda adopted an old fad that everybody is sick of

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I like the cooking. It's better than just picking up random hearts everywhere.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I know I'm wrong but for some reason I thought the Dreamcast had better graphics than the ps2,even today.

I forget where I heard this but I think they couldnt port shenmue 2 to ps2 because it couldnt handle the graphics or something

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

the inventory looks pretty fiddly. how is it in practice?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It would have worked great on the Wii U gamepad touchscreen but they had to turn that off so the Wii U version wouldn't be the superior one.

The tablet you get right at the beginning is the drat Wii U gamepad. gently caress you nintendo.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

the inventory looks pretty fiddly. how is it in practice?

I'm still pretty early into the game, so I don't know if it ever changes, but it's a pain in the rear end to have to go into the inventory, "hold" up to five ingredients, then hit B to leave the inventory, and then hit A in front of the cooking fire to make the meals. I wish standing in front of the fire would let me hit A and then allow me to pick the ingredients instead.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

It would have worked great on the Wii U gamepad touchscreen but they had to turn that off so the Wii U version wouldn't be the superior one.

The tablet you get right at the beginning is the drat Wii U gamepad. gently caress you nintendo.

lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

tao of lmao posted:

what?! wildly slashing around at grass to refill hearts is a drat loving staple of that game

I think most of my time in LttP was spent just slashing around at grass and then using the shovel like crazy

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Inventory can be kind of a pain when you're full up on melee weapons and then another cool weapons drops and you have to decide whether you're realllly gonna need that wind-creating-leaf in the next 20 minutes. It's extremely cool when your weapon is about to break so you just chuck it at a mob's face and do double damage as it shatters.

Cooking like stated here

Batterypowered7 posted:

I'm still pretty early into the game, so I don't know if it ever changes, but it's a pain in the rear end to have to go into the inventory, "hold" up to five ingredients, then hit B to leave the inventory, and then hit A in front of the cooking fire to make the meals. I wish standing in front of the fire would let me hit A and then allow me to pick the ingredients instead.

Is all true but I just spend 10 minutes and get it done in a huge chunk before venturing out again. A button that would let you duplicate your previous recipe, or to cook the "max" of a recipe would be a welcome improvement. That said, trying out different combinations in town and seeing what comes out is a fun diversion from the expansive solitude of the open world.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

what?! wildly slashing around at grass to refill hearts is a drat loving staple of that game

I think most of my time in LttP was spent just slashing around at grass and then using the shovel like crazy

Guess what, you can still do that in this one!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't even really register how stupid the go into the menu to cook thing was. I mean you're right, it's pretty derp.

Apparently I don't play a lot of bad games with crafting systems though so my tolerance for this is way higher than some.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'm going to have all these switch scalpers come meet me at the same starbucks at the same time. That should be interesting...

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
lmao gonna wait until this game is $9.99 at the gamestop before i play it; NINTENDOWNED!!!!!

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I AM THE TOILET posted:

lmao gonna wait until this game is $9.99 at the gamestop before i play it; NINTENDOWNED!!!!!

It's literally never going to be that price.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
y'all ain't gettin that zelda for ten dollar! you ain't gettin it!!! you gotta PAY to play the zelda!

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
lookit this loving dweeb who hasn't heard of "The Nintendo Tax" *snort* *chuffle* *scoff*

Dr. Scheme
Apr 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I remember getting four tiny scratches in each corner of my original 3DS screen (this was a problem with the bottom screen's bezel scratching the top screen). This was a known issue.

Then the 3DS XL came out and I never had that problem again! Nintendo fixed it.

Then came the new3DS XL, I got it and I have small tiny scratches on my top screen caused from the bezel on the bottom screen

Then the new3DS (non-XL) came out and that one does the top screen scratching thing too

excellent work Nintendo :thumbsup:

(I do have to say though the Switch screen is gorgeous; it is definitely IPS and it has some extremely pleasant color gamut or whatever it's called and I am happy Nintendo finally used a quality screen for once in their 200 year history)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Please do not be rude to Carmant in his own thread.

• Locked thread