Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

paranoid randroid posted:

lol and a ban on federal funding for abortion, because gently caress you i guess

They literally ban federal money for abortions every session

For like the last thirty years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

When do we start seeing EU countries propping up leftist movements with money and weapons and consultants? At this point they'd have to be pretty cucked to imagine we aren't a huge existential threat to their way of life

France is on the edge of electing someone from what might as well be their nazi party

Hungary turned away refugees

Poland turned away refugees

Greece has a nazi party in power

Germany's insistence that everyone just has to tighten their belts and cut programs is why Europe is in the mess they're in

They ain't gonna save us dawg.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Epic High Five posted:

When do we start seeing EU countries propping up leftist movements with money and weapons and consultants? At this point they'd have to be pretty cucked to imagine we aren't a huge existential threat to their way of life

lol the EU isn't leftist

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

gotta tick all them boxes on the purity checklist

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

title of document: C:\Users\JRSHAP~1\AppData\Roaming\SoftQuad\XMetal\7.0\gen\ECTITL~1.XML

Our medicaid repeal bill is apparently MS-DOS compliant, sweeet.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
shocker the plan is "make plans cover far, far, less and offer a negligible reduction in cost"

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!
Maybe China will finally go back to being communist.

:(

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
aaaaaaaand here's the "old people just die i guess" part

SEC. 135. CHANGE IN PERMISSIBLE AGE VARIATION IN HEALTH INSURANCE PREMIUM RATES.
Section 2701(a)(1)(A)(iii) of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300gg(a)(1)(A)(iii)), as inserted by section 1201(4) of Public Law 111–148, is amended by inserting after ‘‘3 to 1 for adults (consistent with section 2707(c))’’ the following: ‘‘or, for plan years beginning on or after January 1, 2018, as the Secretary may implement through interim final regulation, 5 to 1 for adults (consistent with section 2707(c)) or such other ratio for adults (consistent with section 2707(c)) as the State involved may provide’’.

a reference to this:

(1) In general With respect to the premium rate charged by a health insurance issuer for health insurance coverage offered in the individual or small group market—
(A) such rate shall vary with respect to the particular plan or coverage involved only by—
  (i) whether such plan or coverage covers an individual or family;
  (ii) rating area, as established in accordance with paragraph (2);
  (iii) age, except that such rate shall not vary by more than 3 to 1 for adults (consistent with section 300gg–6(c) of this title); and
  (iv) tobacco use, except that such rate shall not vary by more than 1.5 to 1; and

mormonpartyboat fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 7, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol that healthcare plan.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm sure Angela "Austerity" Merkel will be right on that

there is your answer.
besides why is this thread convinced yurop is not coming right behind you?

pissbabby is goddamn symbol now. and there are experienced and competent politicians using his tactics.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Going right after the individual market.

And poor people.

And people.

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/838889108722315264

looks like the standard "keep the good stuff, throw out the stuff that pays for the good stuff, spend a whole bunch more money on stupid poo poo" idea

Aaaaand it's a nothing but aspirations list.

lame

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

skaboomizzy posted:

this seems different?

its looks like it bans giving medicare money to states if that state allows some of that money to go to a prohibited entity, regardless of if that money is going towards abortions or not

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not saying they're leftist, I'm saying that regardless of their personal politics they're hosed if Trump gets everything he wants and dissolves NATO and the EU

They wouldn't be doing this because they agree with it, what do they care if it isn't in their own country, but because it would destabilize an immediate threat.

I dunno maybe name your leftist fringe group the Roma Murder Party and shop it around to EU billionaires and MPs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Can someone link the worst parts of this new plan

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

pathetic little tramp posted:

Press release aside, apparently there's an actual law this guy saw?

https://twitter.com/charles_gaba/status/838888243458355200

"gosh", says republican dipshit congressman chuck ballsley, "i've got a great idea. what if we just say we're doing what we were elected to do, but have it actually happen four years from now so that the horrible consequences are put off until after we're re-elected?"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
there is so much badness i dont know how to start processing it, then refuting it to all my crazy stupid trumpsters on facebook

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

triple sulk posted:

Can someone link the worst parts of this new plan

mpb has already done that for you

its really just all of it in general

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
that bill is so doa lmao

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

They wouldn't be doing this because they agree with it, what do they care if it isn't in their own country, but because it would destabilize an immediate threat.

This isn't the way that human beings think about stuff

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see a legit comprehensive economic analysis of how this is going to affect Insurance Carrier's bottom line. If it's bad for insurance companies, then we will likely see some enormous push back from the industry. If it's beneficial or neutral, then all hope is lost, it will pass easily.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

it's going to piss off the lunatic caucus in the house and there's no way the senate goes along with it

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not saying they're leftist, I'm saying that regardless of their personal politics they're hosed if Trump gets everything he wants and dissolves NATO and the EU

I dunno maybe name your leftist fringe group the Roma Murder Party and shop it around to EU billionaires and MPs

The EU is dead if Le Pen wins.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also the cbo score is going to be loving atrocious

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I thought the CBO was specifically barred from analyzing GOP healthcare plans

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
u wont have insurance

u will just have healthcare bux that we dispense out for you for being a healthy individual

dont get sick or die or we'll have to deduct the healthcare buxes away from you and u will be ineligible for the healthcare bux program should your healthcare bux reach zero :sparkles:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/838889979501760514

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Stop waiting for Superman folks.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Trump to America after he nukes Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5e5SP4LE5M

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

that bill is so doa lmao

it's (hopefully) telling that republican senators have already spoken out against it when they've been happy to be corralled along with whatever bullshit the white house is up to until this point

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/838896448183894016

:lol:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
oh they're not even going to keep the good things

SEC. 134. INCREASING COVERAGE OPTIONS.
Section 1302 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (42 U.S.C. 18022) is amended—
(1) in subsection (a)(3), by inserting ‘‘and with respect to a plan year before plan year 2020’’ after ‘‘subsection (e)’’; and
(2) in subsection (d), by adding at the end the following:
‘‘(5) SUNSET
.—The provisions of this sub-section shall not apply after December 31, 2019, and after such date any reference to this subsection or level of coverage or plan described in this sub-section and any requirement under law applying such a level of coverage or plan shall have no force or effect (and such a requirement shall be applied as if this section had been repealed).’’.

that section is Essential health benefits requirements and contains all the requirements for (among other things):
(a) Essential health benefits package - In this title, the term “essential health benefits package” means, with respect to any health plan, coverage that—
(1) provides for the essential health benefits defined by the Secretary under subsection (b);
(2) limits cost-sharing for such coverage in accordance with subsection (c); and
(3) subject to subsection (e), provides either the bronze, silver, gold, or platinum level of coverage described in subsection (d).

(b) Essential health benefits
(1) In general - Subject to paragraph (2), the Secretary shall define the essential health benefits, except that such benefits shall include at least the following general categories and the items and services covered within the categories:
(A) Ambulatory patient services.
(B) Emergency services.
(C) Hospitalization.
(D) Maternity and newborn care.
(E) Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
(F) Prescription drugs.
(G) Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices.
(H) Laboratory services.
(I) Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management.
(J) Pediatric services, including oral and vision care.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Also hahahaha that healthcare plan sucks dilz

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Venuz Patrol posted:

it's (hopefully) telling that republican senators have already spoken out against it when they've been happy to be corralled along with whatever bullshit the white house is up to until this point

its doa and i think house leadership knows it. they're gonna rely on the suicide squad to blow it up so they can say "well gosh we tried" and hope that their base doesn't eat them alive

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

also the cbo score is going to be loving atrocious

Didn't they pass a rule earlier that forbade the CBO from saying anything about it? Or did I just imagine that?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

TyrantWD posted:

Pepe Le Pwn

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

oh they're not even going to keep the good things

SEC. 134. INCREASING COVERAGE OPTIONS.
Section 1302 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (42 U.S.C. 18022) is amended—
(1) in subsection (a)(3), by inserting ‘‘and with respect to a plan year before plan year 2020’’ after ‘‘subsection (e)’’; and
(2) in subsection (d), by adding at the end the following:
‘‘(5) SUNSET
.—The provisions of this sub-section shall not apply after December 31, 2019, and after such date any reference to this subsection or level of coverage or plan described in this sub-section and any requirement under law applying such a level of coverage or plan shall have no force or effect (and such a requirement shall be applied as if this section had been repealed).’’.

that section is Essential health benefits requirements and contains all the requirements for (among other things):
(a) Essential health benefits package - In this title, the term “essential health benefits package” means, with respect to any health plan, coverage that—
(1) provides for the essential health benefits defined by the Secretary under subsection (b);
(2) limits cost-sharing for such coverage in accordance with subsection (c); and
(3) subject to subsection (e), provides either the bronze, silver, gold, or platinum level of coverage described in subsection (d).

(b) Essential health benefits
(1) In general - Subject to paragraph (2), the Secretary shall define the essential health benefits, except that such benefits shall include at least the following general categories and the items and services covered within the categories:
(A) Ambulatory patient services.
(B) Emergency services.
(C) Hospitalization.
(D) Maternity and newborn care.
(E) Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
(F) Prescription drugs.
(G) Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices.
(H) Laboratory services.
(I) Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management.
(J) Pediatric services, including oral and vision care.

Something that insurers have been gunning for forever.

Gonna just wait to process all of this, and see how it shakes out the next couple of days. But it's pretty bad.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!

TyrantWD posted:

if you want to imagine the future, picture trump pissing on a human face

forever

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

its really just all of it in general

it really is

the stuff that seems benign at first glance is just the really evil poo poo buried behind a few extra contortions

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TyrantWD posted:

does she have a chance of winning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

it goes beyond this (though i could imagine china giving it some thought); the election revealed that our process as a whole is subject to manipulation and is, in some measure, up for sale, even to outsiders

if policies (and even the highest office) in a very powerful and wealthy country are on the auction block, everyone is going to weigh the risk of getting in on the bidding

• Locked thread