Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I'm in one of these asking about pegging at some point, I wanna say around '04 or '05

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

The Protagonist posted:

I'm in one of these asking about pegging at some point, I wanna say around '04 or '05

You have a mission now.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

Adam Corolla has exquisite radio delivery, him and Dr Drew are a genius pairing.

He definitely has a face made for radio

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I'm listening to old episodes now and laughing my rear end off in between more poignant progressive moments. Thanks op.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I thought Adam was a lovable scamp, who liked saying things a little against the grain.

Then I read his "comedy" book, and realized no, this man is actually horrible.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

adam corolla is insanely dumb, politically.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
This thread isn't about his politics though it's about his sex chat radio show

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oh i liked loveline a lot in high school.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Yea I listened to this show in my bedroom after lights out in middle school and high school. it helped little sexless pre-internet me develop an awareness of things I had yet to discover.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
*Girl calls up and speaks 7 or less words*

*Adam and Drew immediately and correctly deduce she was molested.*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
"Where's your dad? I wanna kick him in the nuts"

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Turn your radio off

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Was anybody listening back in the Riki Rachtman days? Formative years, lots of good advice.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Parker Lewis posted:

There are currently 530 episodes of the ongoing Adam and Dr. Drew Show podcast which is basically just short-form Loveline:

https://overcast.fm/itunes584543823/the-adam-and-dr-drew-show

It doesn't have the charm of the old Loveline. Adam is a cranky old man who isn't trying that hard with his comedy anymore. Drew I guess is still Drew. The best part of Loveline was they had a bunch of morons calling in with problems that they could riff on. Some 15 year old trying to justify her relationship with a 28 year old man. Some white trash loser with a smoke detector beeping in the background.

The callers now are self-aware. It's just a bunch of 30-40 year olds who listened to the show when they were younger. They spend 5 minutes praising Adam and Drew followed up by asking a question in Adam's wheelhouse like "How do I teach my kids about grit?".

I listen to it now and then but the key to old Loveline was an endless parade of idiots who would call in with real problems.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I thought Adam was a lovable scamp, who liked saying things a little against the grain.

Then I read his "comedy" book, and realized no, this man is actually horrible.

Which book?

I thought the one that was just personal anecdotes was pretty funny.

Not someone to base your life outlook around though.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ChinaBob posted:

Which book?

In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
One of Adam's best positions is how welfare is 100% unnecessary and damaging to society and the individuals receiving it 100% of the time. BOOTSTRAPS, PEOPLE. If one random carpenter could somehow luck into a radio gig worth millions, that means EVERYONE can.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Yeah Adam Carolla is full of stupid political opinions, like in this video where he jokes that women should make less than men because he happens to be talking to a particularly dumb person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaxxSH1ZKUU

It is, however, hilarious how dim this person is and how long it takes him to get her to estimate how far it is from the floor to the top of the door frame.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
What's my dad doing in Israel?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Did you hear that?

...Sounded like a fire alarm chirp.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Did you hear that?

...Sounded like a fire alarm chirp.

Caller be quiet *stares at watch*

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Adam Carolla was at his peak on The Man Show. Jimmy Kimmel too.

Gas Station Attendant:
https://youtu.be/1ZYpmOBVCFE

Drunk Pilots:
https://youtu.be/NHzc90fThcU

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

There was one I saw when they were on MTV, A woman called in saying she had worms in her girly bits, It was concluded that she had intestinal parasites and was wiping back to front. So. dont do that.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Smells bogus. Smells real bogus

MonkeyHate
Oct 11, 2002

Dance, monkey, dance!
Taco Defender
Post Your Favorite opinion about turning left on a red arrow.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I'm 5'12", almost 6'

Jaggedstagger
Jan 28, 2005
Yowza!

Jesus Christ posted:

I'm 5'12", almost 6'

My favorite

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Look for Drew 's birthday episode in 2001. It's just before 9/11. Adam has uncontrollable gas and smokes Drew out of the studio and into the hallway. He keeps interrupting the callers to rip farts into the mic. I laugh like a hyena every time I listen to this episode.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Hi I'm having sex with my brother inlaw and he's threatening me with a tire iron every time I am late on my period. Is this like, a good thing? Should I keep doing this?

"No. Stop immediately and seek help."

No, that doesnt sound right. It's different with me because i like, really have a good idea about what I'm doing. Am I right?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

bag em and tag em posted:

Hi I'm having sex with my brother inlaw and he's threatening me with a tire iron every time I am late on my period. Is this like, a good thing? Should I keep doing this?

"No. Stop immediately and seek help."

No, that doesnt sound right. It's different with me because i like, really have a good idea about what I'm doing. Am I right?

"Yea, no Adam and Drew you guys don't understand, he's different"
x infinitum

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would occasionally catch it in its twilight years, back when WFNX was still a thing in the Boston area. It was a fun way to kill time in the car while driving somewhere at night, because crazies be loving crazy.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Toadvine posted:

"Yea, no Adam and Drew you guys don't understand, he's different"
x infinitum

See also: hi I've had oozing sores on my....

"Hang up now and go the the doctor!"

No no, listen the sores hurt really badly and....

"GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!"

No, but like, am I okay?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Loveline was amusing but the combination of the incredible stupidity of the callers' and Carolla and Drew's condescension starts to wear after a while. Also I think Drew might be as insane as Carolla. I remember one time he posited that the sexual liberation of the 60s and 70s resulted in massive amounts of child molestation. Like, even if you concede that might be true I seriously doubt he's got anything to back it up other than his weirdo hangups.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Toadvine posted:

I know it's a real thing, I mean, is it reliably a byproduct of previous abuse? I've never heard the babyvoice phenomenon addressed anywhere else tbh

A friend of mine was a teacher at an indian reservation and said she noticed it as well :(

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

porfiria posted:

Loveline was amusing but the combination of the incredible stupidity of the callers' and Carolla and Drew's condescension starts to wear after a while. Also I think Drew might be as insane as Carolla. I remember one time he posited that the sexual liberation of the 60s and 70s resulted in massive amounts of child molestation. Like, even if you concede that might be true I seriously doubt he's got anything to back it up other than his weirdo hangups.

Dr. Drew is a hollywood celebrity rehab doctor. He's a total shitbag but I wouldn't immediately dismiss his opinion regarding that because that's probably the poo poo he sees day-in day-out.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
I listened to Loveline every Sunday growing up. It informed a ton of my teenage opinions. My (now) wife thought I was a total weirdo for believing that baby voice and sexual deviance was influenced by sexual abuse during formative years. Loveline also strongly implied that sexual abuse created homosexuality.

I've changed opinions on a lot of this since being a teenager, as one does, but there's something strangely innocent and hilarious about (for example) Adam Carolla ranting about a caller so dumb she epitomizes why women shouldn't make equal pay. At the time you couldn't tell if Adam believed what he was saying or was exaggerating for the sake of comedy, probably a little of both. Somehow back in the day we managed to just ignore people if we didn't like what they said.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

Chewbot posted:

I've changed opinions on a lot of this since being a teenager, as one does, but there's something strangely innocent and hilarious about (for example) Adam Carolla ranting about a caller so dumb she epitomizes why women shouldn't make equal pay. At the time you couldn't tell if Adam believed what he was saying or was exaggerating for the sake of comedy, probably a little of both. Somehow back in the day we managed to just ignore people if we didn't like what they said.

"Comments" sections didn't exist.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

NomChompsky posted:

Yeah Adam Carolla is full of stupid political opinions, like in this video where he jokes that women should make less than men because he happens to be talking to a particularly dumb person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaxxSH1ZKUU

It is, however, hilarious how dim this person is and how long it takes him to get her to estimate how far it is from the floor to the top of the door frame.

He's also said that rich people like him should be able to pay extra and get donor organs first, care first, etc. He's a huge rear end in a top hat and an idiot, but god drat did I like listening to him and Drew.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

Jesus Christ posted:

"Comments" sections didn't exist.

Yeah, and Twitter, which is basically a non-stop global comment section without moderators. Cue old man "back in my day things were better!" rant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Chewbot posted:

I listened to Loveline every Sunday growing up. It informed a ton of my teenage opinions. My (now) wife thought I was a total weirdo for believing that baby voice and sexual deviance was influenced by sexual abuse during formative years. Loveline also strongly implied that sexual abuse created homosexuality.

Chewbot posted:

Yeah, and Twitter, which is basically a non-stop global comment section without moderators. Cue old man "back in my day things were better!" rant.

back in the day? isnt that exactly what happened during this election cycle

• Locked thread