Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
When did Tyreek even start to get consistent snaps at WR?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^that has yet to happen.

a patagonian cavy posted:

turns out that when being thrown to by alex smith, you can't fairly judge burner deep threat WRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bR8Uq_O5MQ

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Intruder posted:

When did Tyreek even start to get consistent snaps at WR?

Under 20 snaps a game until Week 7 @IND when he had 21. After that week, his lowest number in a game was 25 snaps (weeks 12 and 13), and the highest was Week 11 @DEN with 57.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

kiimo posted:

Oh c'mon. You watched the games. Can you remember more than like, one catch for Chris Conley?

Tyreek was all over the drat field and scored 12 times as a rookie compared to Conley's zero. Do you really think Conley would go be a star somewhere else? Would you draft Conley in any league next season?

edit: If I had a PFF account I'd look up their grades but I'm betting Conley is pretty low.

I remember several important, tough drive extending catches by Conley.

A lot of Tyreeks highlight stuff was as a runner out the backfield and special teams returner, Conley doesn't get those touches

I think if Conley was on a team like Green Bay or Washington where #2/3 WRs are targeted often his stats would look much better

PFF grades aren't worth much (you can't even see some WRs with the regular tape they use)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure why I chose this battle I guess I'm just disappointed in Conley for the most part.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Oh c'mon. You watched the games. Can you remember more than like, one catch for Chris Conley?

I agree that Hill gets open, that was more of a comment on you dismissing the Alex Smith factor for Conley while not mentioning it for Hill.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I remember several important, tough drive extending catches by Conley.

Also yeah this. Conley doesn't get the separation Hill does (when he's ignored by Alex), but he gets enough to be a useful receiver if he were trusted.

e: Or rather if the quarterback trusted his arm possibly. It's impossible to separate KC receivers from everything Alex.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Chris Conley sucks and he sucked coming out last year and he'll continue to suck.

Stop basing everything on 40 times, sheeple!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Myles Garrett did how many reps

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

NickRoweFillea posted:

So many that there weren't enough left for Christian McCaffrey.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

NickRoweFillea posted:

Second most out of the d-line group (33) behind Carl Lawson (35). Soloman Thomas also peeled off 30. Carl Lawson is smaller than Garrett but looks like an adonis. I swear I'm not gay

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I'm not sure why I chose this battle I guess I'm just disappointed in Conley for the most part.
Not just you. I think he's a mostly terrible route-runner.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
mike williams can flat out ball that's all that matters

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans will not be picking Williams at 5, sorry guys

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

Second most out of the d-line group (33) behind Carl Lawson (35). Soloman Thomas also peeled off 30. Carl Lawson is smaller than Garrett but looks like an adonis. I swear I'm not gay

How muscular are his buttocks

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Weston Steelhammer is the best name in the draft.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, all of these mock drafts that have Mike Williams going to the Eagles at #14 are just there to tease me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hi, I still like Chris Conley and think he is a cool and good WR.

Also he did this today:

https://twitter.com/_flight17_/status/838839644326359041

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

89 posted:

So, all of these mock drafts that have Mike Williams going to the Eagles at #14 are just there to tease me.

Hope for weed or a DUI.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

With short hair he looks kind of like Jeremy Maclin.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Doltos posted:

Chris Conley sucks and he sucked coming out last year and he'll continue to suck.

jj nelson though

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

hifi posted:

jj nelson though

Rip John Brown

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Mike Williams in last years NCG was one of the coolest games I've seen from a college WR.

or at least that's how i remember it. I haven't gone back to watch it.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 7, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

Bo Jackson had a nice 40

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

PrinceRandom posted:

Mike Williams in last years NCG was one of the coolest games I've seen from a college WR.

or at least that's how i remember it. I haven't gone back to watch it.

It remains cool. The only thing wrong with Mike Williams is that he is named Mike Williams, which makes me scared he'll bust.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Where is Chris Godwin gonna go, Doltos?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Where is Chris Godwin gonna go, Doltos?

By playstyle he's a top 200 talent but the combine probably pushed him in the top 100. I do find it interesting that the only correlation I found in my graduate capstone project between combine scores and on the field production is the shuttle run leading to more receptions, and he led the WR's in the 20 yard shuttle.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How often do players actually succeed when they shoot way up draft boards after having The Best Combine Workout Ever? Legit question, I don't follow the draft usually.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm not sure if it increased his draft stock but I remember Jamie Collins being relatively anonymous, having a huge combine and then being stellar for the Pats.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It worked for Dontari Poe

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

How often do players actually succeed when they shoot way up draft boards after having The Best Combine Workout Ever? Legit question, I don't follow the draft usually.

I'm sure there are better (and more) examples but Dontari Poe worked out pretty well. Before the draft he was known for doing about nothing at Memphis and his highlight that got passed around was him getting blown up by a fullback who weighed half what he did.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I'm sure there are better (and more) examples but Dontari Poe worked out pretty well. Before the draft he was known for doing about nothing at Memphis and his highlight that got passed around was him getting blown up by a fullback who weighed half what he did.

Michael Lombardi on the Ringer podcast last week said it's much more consistent now because back some years players were juicing like crazy and (unsaid) now they're all just on things the league doesn't test for.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

Michael Lombardi on the Ringer podcast last week said it's much more consistent now because back some years players were juicing like crazy and (unsaid) now they're all just on things the league doesn't test for.

He had a terrible stint as GM but I've been pleasantly surprised by Lombardi on those pods, he's had some really interesting insights.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I was wondering that the other day and the combine website says maybe twice. Even top performers aren't typically big names. My favorite name was Stephen Paea the current record holder for the bench press by a long shot was graded out as a future all pro and is a rotational lineman for the Browns now.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I was wondering that the other day and the combine website says maybe twice. Even top performers aren't typically big names. My favorite name was Stephen Paea the current record holder for the bench press by a long shot was graded out as a future all pro and is a rotational lineman for the Browns now.

Wasn't JPP one?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

He had a terrible stint as GM but I've been pleasantly surprised by Lombardi on those pods, he's had some really interesting insights.

Yeah, I disagree with him on a ton of things, but he's actually open about what looking into players involves and some meat and potatoes stuff about how franchises run which is super interesting.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chris Jones, who ironically is going to replace Poe, had tremendous workouts despite being lazy or whatever.

And I mean whatever cuz dude already owns and his ceiling is sky high.

fake edit: tremendous workout =! dick joke, before you make one.

midwat
May 6, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Are we sure that "failed to turn around the Cleveland Browns in one year" is a blemish? That franchise is to executives what Afghanistan is to empires.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mastershakeman posted:

Wasn't JPP one?

Nope. Completely unremarkable on the physical tests.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

midwat posted:

Are we sure that "failed to turn around the Cleveland Browns in one year" is a blemish? That franchise is to executives what Afghanistan is to empires.

He fired a coach after 1 year then got canned himself after turning Berea into the most toxic front office in the league. All because he was convinced that McDaniels was going to come to Cleveland who then declined to interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Mixon ran a 4.43 at his pro day.

• Locked thread