Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Hold the loving phone - I just noticed that TWO people get in the car!

Look at the other door right at the very start of the gif.

Requoting:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Uh, you mean the driver's side? Didn't need to look too close to know someone got in there too, thanks. :fsmug:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

Uh, you mean the driver's side? Didn't need to look too close to know someone got in there too, thanks. :fsmug:

yeah, you still need to look closely. I didn't notice lmao

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Maybe they were in Guyana or Suriname :colbert:

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Gorilla Salad posted:

Maybe they were in Guyana or Suriname :colbert:

They're clearly in Medici, duh.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Just a line from the latest SWTOR update

quote:

The galaxy is no longer (and can no longer become) littered with the corpses of those who have fallen in battle. For real this time.

bookkeeper
Jul 14, 2010

it means "the kapital"

Fathis Munk posted:

Just a line from the latest SWTOR update

quote:

The galaxy is no longer (and can no longer become) littered with the corpses of those who have fallen in battle. For real this time.

:allears:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The pictures are great:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Star War is Hell.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Those are some bush league bodycounts.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
If you can still see floor you are doing it wrong.

Though sometimes you get a bit of a singularity too of course.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How active is the goon payday community at the moment? I kinda regret never having given that one a real shot. (the music is so rad too.)

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Wish my laptop could actually run Payday 2 at non-slideshow speeds. That game is so ridiculously amazing.

My favorite thing about the game is the dumb conversations everyone gets if you talk into a downed guard's walkie. Almost every single character is a complete goober when it comes to covering it up, and it's magical.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Less of a glitch and more of a consequence of not setting certain injuries to not be able to happen in a match but...

Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 broke me

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

pulp rag posted:

Wish my laptop could actually run Payday 2 at non-slideshow speeds. That game is so ridiculously amazing.

My favorite thing about the game is the dumb conversations everyone gets if you talk into a downed guard's walkie. Almost every single character is a complete goober when it comes to covering it up, and it's magical.

When they added Rust, he is voiced by Ron Perlman. Yes, really. One of his pager lines (among all of them which are excellent) is "You guys seen hellboy? Great fuckin' movie. They should make a third one.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT14Q3LTuM4

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Testekill posted:

Less of a glitch and more of a consequence of not setting certain injuries to not be able to happen in a match but...

Total Extreme Wrestling 2016 broke me

We've finally found it, the Most Illegal wrestling maneuver.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Well I have something to contribute, after I finally found a copy of this video I made on the PS3 version of Skyrim over 4 years ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2N0SxDre68

Basically, I managed to aggro my own housecarl at Honeyside by killing one of my own chickens. I got hit right as I went out the back door, and when I came back there was a mysterious floating blood-ball. I've never been able to recreate the glitch, but it was kinda cool-looking.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
In theory, the aggro weirdness was probably just coincidental, and you simply somehow left the cell before the blood spawning effect unloaded, so it just sort of hung around when you reloaded the cell.

That said, 1) it is Skyrim so who knows, and 2) that is pretty amusing.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
On the topic of Skyrim, I've been replaying the Legendary Edition recently (my base edition is way too mod-hosed) and I think the gods know what I have done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p319KsYT74o

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Shady Amish Terror posted:

In theory, the aggro weirdness was probably just coincidental, and you simply somehow left the cell before the blood spawning effect unloaded, so it just sort of hung around when you reloaded the cell.

That said, 1) it is Skyrim so who knows, and 2) that is pretty amusing.

Yeah, IIRC it hung around for a few in-game days before it despawned.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Six bucks on GOG. Grab it--you won't regret revisiting it.

If you have an Origin account, it might even be free. It's one of those they put "on the house."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Agents are GO! posted:

Well I have something to contribute, after I finally found a copy of this video I made on the PS3 version of Skyrim over 4 years ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2N0SxDre68

Basically, I managed to aggro my own housecarl at Honeyside by killing one of my own chickens. I got hit right as I went out the back door, and when I came back there was a mysterious floating blood-ball. I've never been able to recreate the glitch, but it was kinda cool-looking.

I think you could make a pretty okay creepypasta based on this.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

There's an RPGMaker game called Undertale 2: Overtale. The name sets the tone for how silly it is - you play as a skeleton called John Undertale, you travel back in time to save your boyfriend/police partner Constable Goblin (a goblin), you live in a town called Cornhole which is built over a portal to the corn dimension, whatever. The mechanics of the game are deliberately kind of janky as it's all intended to be as ridiculous as possible.

There's a late-game enemy called Mister Blobby, who is literally the weird pink-and-yellow thing from British TV shows (complete with his theme song). He's the toughest random encounter in the game and you can't run away from him, but a max-level party should have no trouble and experience is so easy to get by the last area that you'll definitely be at that point.

Unfortunately in the first version of the game Mister Blobby somehow ended up on the encounter list for just outside of the starting area. You had about a 1/100 chance of random battles opening with his bouncy theme song before this bizarre thing stomped your entire party effortlessly. And, of course, it was still impossible to flee from him.

Because of the tone of the game it took a while for anyone to realise this wasn't intentional.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wasabi the J posted:

The pictures are great:

Someone ported over that payday 2 mod

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o8jcjsdNvF1rpiku8_480.mp4

Some robots just don't like the idea of a lady making decisions.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Brofessor Slayton posted:

There's an RPGMaker game called Undertale 2: Overtale. The name sets the tone for how silly it is - you play as a skeleton called John Undertale, you travel back in time to save your boyfriend/police partner Constable Goblin (a goblin), you live in a town called Cornhole which is built over a portal to the corn dimension, whatever. The mechanics of the game are deliberately kind of janky as it's all intended to be as ridiculous as possible.

There's a late-game enemy called Mister Blobby, who is literally the weird pink-and-yellow thing from British TV shows (complete with his theme song). He's the toughest random encounter in the game and you can't run away from him, but a max-level party should have no trouble and experience is so easy to get by the last area that you'll definitely be at that point.

Unfortunately in the first version of the game Mister Blobby somehow ended up on the encounter list for just outside of the starting area. You had about a 1/100 chance of random battles opening with his bouncy theme song before this bizarre thing stomped your entire party effortlessly. And, of course, it was still impossible to flee from him.

Because of the tone of the Gatos me it took a while for anyone to realise this wasn't intentional.

This is like in Darkest Dungeon how there are two random mini bosses that have a chance to appear (albeit one requires total darkness). You have a small chance one can spawn right at the beginning of the tutorial which is a rather abrupt introduction to the game.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MisterBibs posted:

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o8jcjsdNvF1rpiku8_480.mp4

Some robots just don't like the idea of a lady making decisions.

Hahaha, that's some smacking

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Panfilo posted:

This is like in Darkest Dungeon how there are two random mini bosses that have a chance to appear (albeit one requires total darkness). You have a small chance one can spawn right at the beginning of the tutorial which is a rather abrupt introduction to the game.

Does the tutorial call this out? Because that would be a nice touch if they're going to let that happen.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Similarly, in warframe there's an evil warframe called the stalker who sometimes attacks you during a level. The lights start to flicker, he says some spooky stuff calling you out for the last boss you killed, and then appears. Because "balance" is not a word in warframe's vocabulary, if you are playing in a group or are super well kitted out, you'll instantly obliterate him, whereas if you're alone and not overpowered, he'll destroy you in half a second.

When he was first added, he could appear in the tutorial.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What boss did he call you out for in the tutorial then?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Given that he uses both your screen name and the name of the boss you last killed, I can only assume it went something like "I've found you, xX420veg3ta69Xx... the murder of DEFAULT_BOSS_NAME_STRING shall not go unpunished!"

This is 20 seconds into the game.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...
There was also a glitch where Stalker could spawn during the flight-mode Archwing missions. Archwing (space missions, at least - the later underwater segments don't) scales things down rather than deal with excessive distances and level size.

The Stalker does not have an Archwing, so you got giant Stalker chilling in the bowels of some tremendous warship while you buzzed around like flies.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Digirat posted:

Similarly, in warframe there's an evil warframe called the stalker who sometimes attacks you during a level. The lights start to flicker, he says some spooky stuff calling you out for the last boss you killed, and then appears. Because "balance" is not a word in warframe's vocabulary, if you are playing in a group or are super well kitted out, you'll instantly obliterate him, whereas if you're alone and not overpowered, he'll destroy you in half a second.

When he was first added, he could appear in the tutorial.

He can also appear on levels where your mission is to kill a specific number of enemies. The game will occasionally not understand what is going on and just poo poo its self because there are more than the specific number of enemies in the stage now and render the stage unfinishable.

Some stages are done in two parts. You'll go through one half, take a warp to another half. The thing is, if you get a mission change to eliminate all enemies after you've taken the warp and haven't killed all the dudes in the first half? Well, once again gently caress you quit out because you can't go back.

Also more than once there have been super rare timed events for rare items that were straight up broken. You'd beam into this level and it would completely unplayable and broken while the event timer ticked down and the only people who managed to get these rare ones were the people who fell through the map into the objective spot by sheer luck. The dev team didn't give a gently caress.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Everything in warframe is so bad it's good. Unfortunately some of it just loops around to being bad again. Why do I have hundreds of hours in that terrible game. It's so awful, and also some of the most fun I've ever had in a game

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Similarly you can die in the tutorial of Elona (by eating poisonous food the tutorial NPC tells you to), or get crushed by a thrown rock when you first play a piano, or render the first town a permanently unvisitable warzone by accidentally attacking a random NPC and triggering Ragnarok.
None of these are actually glitches. They're all deliberate attempts to dick you over less than five minutes into the game because Elona is apparently just like that. The real glitch is that the english translation cuts out some pretty important plot triggers so you're not likely to succeed anyway. Whoops.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

Digirat posted:

Everything in warframe is so bad it's good. Unfortunately some of it just loops around to being bad again. Why do I have hundreds of hours in that terrible game. It's so awful, and also some of the most fun I've ever had in a game

Some recent updates have changed how exterminate missions work, mobs keep spawning constantly now after you hit the required kills, they just flee in sight of you (sometimes)

Stalker got a makeover and now its "Shadow Stalker" a far stronger stalker who has more random powers from other Warframes to use on you. All of which if you have energy and a melee weapon you can block if you channel as well for the power parry.

For giggles someone did the math on some of the Arena area mobs. Normally monsters in the arena maps are..well still OP but you can deal with them, doing the Index (Corpus Arena) in endurance mode for long enough will put the enemies up to about level 350.

At level 350 the standard enemies have 28,000 armor giving them 99.8% damage resistance on top of 210,000 shields and 38,000,000hp. If those numbers seem big remember any player of Warframe will only have at most 1,000 to 2,000 shields, 500-1,500 hp and unless they are on Valkyr less than 1,000 armor.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
I tried to play warframe again but it just wasn't the same, I miss the days of grinding in a interception with a team of OP Valkyrs or spy missions with Limbo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

FunMerrania posted:

I tried to play warframe again but it just wasn't the same, I miss the days of grinding in a interception with a team of OP Valkyrs or spy missions with Limbo.

I tried to play warframe again and it had a story and the gameplay was better but the grind was just as lovely as ever and in the brief window I was playing the dev team proved they were still just doing the same poo poo they were doing back when I quit for the first time.

It was pretty awesome that they added in a new resource that you could only get like three of a day and everything needs though. And you could only get it from doing rare timed alerts that you had no real way of knowing when they popped up besides being in the game when it comes up.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I tried to play warframe again and it had a story and the gameplay was better but the grind was just as lovely as ever and in the brief window I was playing the dev team proved they were still just doing the same poo poo they were doing back when I quit for the first time.

It was pretty awesome that they added in a new resource that you could only get like three of a day and everything needs though. And you could only get it from doing rare timed alerts that you had no real way of knowing when they popped up besides being in the game when it comes up.

There's an app that culls the twitter alerts (Since DE has an auto-twitter bot that announces new alerts and what they're for) so you can get alerted to them via your phone.

Also there's a website ( http://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html ) that does basically the same thing too. So don't go making it out to be this huge thing. The alertium and Eventium alerts are bullshit but just encourage you to play for longer. Which, with everything you can level, is sort of a point in it's favor. Just don't grind your face off and you'll be fine.

For content: there's a Warframe ability called Disarm. When you use it on the one faction's two-limbed walkers that only have a gun, they popped out a tiny electric prod out of their head and tried to beat you to death with it.

For a while, you could gently caress around in the dojo dueling room to the point that you could get free and then cast disarm on other players in the dojo. Including their sentinels (little robots that hang at your shoulder).

Well, what do you think the sentinels did when disarmed?

Yep. Tiny little electric prod sticking out. Straight up. The whole goon clan was waiting for ... uh, update 12 or 10 or something big, all in the dojo, all loving around and all of a sudden we all staggered and there were dozens of little prods in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Warframe has the best glitches. There's a character that can turn into a giant Sandstorm that picks up enemies in a huge radius and twirls them around in the air. Sometimes this effect doesn't turn off and you can run around full speed shooting with it enemies swirling around you like you're a supervillain

You can extract from missions early by climbing out of your suit in kid mode (normally you need 2/4 players at least) because the game counts two player objects as enough people to leave.

Also when you do this with your back to the extraction wall it will send you several miles through the void of space.

There is a poisonous toxic element that was bugged with the 8x stealth damage multiplier because it was a damage over time effect. It would multiply each time so it would go 8x, 64x, etc.

They released weapon Riven mods with randomized stats so you could have -102% flight speed so projectile weapons slowly travel backwards. Also you can have negative maximum ammo where once you shoot off a clip you're out and cannot reload or pick up more ammo, and negative damage that meant you shot healing bullets at enemies.