Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm very excited that ivan johnson has another opportunity to be banned from a basketball competition

IVAN JOHNSON'S GOING TO DELAWARE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Nobody watches the Magic, but since Ibaka's been traded, Aaron Gordo's been playing power forward and putting up the sort of numbers that we expected from him. He looks like a good solid player and not a lost lamb

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

did dion waiters just bury another top team?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Redgrendel2001 posted:

We'll see our second case of on the court cannibalism.

and what was the first? :stare:

these tournaments where all these old dudes come out and ball are super cool, glad that they keep happening

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nothing i want to see more than hinrich, gordon, boozer

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Carlosologist posted:

and what was the first? :stare:

these tournaments where all these old dudes come out and ball are super cool, glad that they keep happening

Danny Ainge v Tree Rollins.

Rollins almost bit Ainge's finger clear off.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Danny Ainge v Tree Rollins.

Rollins almost bit Ainge's finger clear off.

venus flytrap rollins

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/838961641760804864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Latinx posted:

did dion waiters just bury another top team?

Yes. His former one, no less.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

I want to see O'Neal and Bonzi together with Ruben Patterson and J.R. Rider on one team.

Jail Blazers, together again.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

*Pusha T yeuck noise*

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

But Mark Jackson said he wouldn't consider Kawhi for MVP.

R.D. Mangles posted:

nothing i want to see more than hinrich, gordon, boozer

I agree, but note that Boozer and Ben Gordon never played together.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lockback posted:

But Mark Jackson said he wouldn't consider Kawhi for MVP.

I agree, but note that Boozer and Ben Gordon never played together.

that's true, bring in Brad Miller

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Heat have a rather easy schedule the rest of the way, so hopefully they can snap one of the 5-8 seeds. Yes, they have the ability to reach higher than the 8th because the East sucks again.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Buddy Buckets Hield is well on his way to getting over that elusive 10ppg mark on efficient shooting. We got a new horse in the ROTY race

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

:discourse:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
kawhi leonard is cool and good and a good basketball player

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
If you didn't cry at the first 15 minutes of "Up" you are a monster

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

predicto posted:

If you didn't cry at the first 15 minutes of "Up" you are a monster

Yep, plus the end of Toy Story 3, plus probably scenes in every other Pixar movie that I'm not remembering right now.

I haven't watched the Spurs at all in the last couple months, does Aldridge look happy on the court?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Papercut posted:

Yep, plus the end of Toy Story 3, plus probably scenes in every other Pixar movie that I'm not remembering right now.

I haven't watched the Spurs at all in the last couple months, does Aldridge look happy on the court?

He hustles so he's at least not too unhappy. He was also pointing at Kawhi to get Tony to give the ball to him so he's not being a baby on that front.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
yeah. he doesn't look unhappy, at least. missing a lot of clutch FTs lately but he was pretty clutch overall this game against Houston. I'm sure whatever complex he might have had in Portland is assuaged with a superior organization, coach, and less yappy superstar buddy. :smug:
plus he's home in Texas and he's 31 now. I don't think he'll be any trouble.

sorry. I loved the jailblazers.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I cried when the Mavs beat the Heat to win the championship and Jason Terry looked like some sort of psychic god for his ridiculous trophy tattoo at the start of the season.

Hell, I still do.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

yeah. he doesn't look unhappy, at least. missing a lot of clutch FTs lately but he was pretty clutch overall this game against Houston. I'm sure whatever complex he might have had in Portland is assuaged with a superior organization, coach, and less yappy superstar buddy. :smug:
plus he's home in Texas and he's 31 now. I don't think he'll be any trouble.

sorry. I loved the jailblazers.

I mean, I don't ask that hoping he's unhappy. It's depressing watching a guy out there be miserable every night, I hope he is happy there for his sake.

He was unhappy when it was Roy's team too though, who was only yappy compared to Kawhi :haw:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Papercut posted:

He was unhappy when it was Roy's team too though, who was only yappy compared to Kawhi :haw:
That's a good point. It's hard to tell with LMA I guess. I just figure he's old and "home" now
I'm still trying to get to the alternate reality where the Spurs signed Marc instead, run the Gasol brothers with Kawhi, and nick committed suicide

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Fresh Prince of Bel Air when his dad doesn't show up is the ultimate tear jerker, followed closely by the scene where they sleep in the public toilet in the Pursuit of Happyness. Maybe I just love Will Smith (I do).

I need some help guys. I'm a Blazers fan and I have league pass. But watching Portland has been excruciating this season. Who should I get behind and watch this year?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

That's a good point. It's hard to tell with LMA I guess. I just figure he's old and "home" now
I'm still trying to get to the alternate reality where the Spurs signed Marc instead, run the Gasol brothers with Kawhi, and nick committed suicide

I was never really sure if all the LMA wants to be no 1 option was real or not. He always seemed very classy in Portland to me and maybe he was just sick of losing in the first round of the playoffs.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

:jackbud:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Welp cavs are gonna end up with Larry Sanders or Jared Sullinger probably. Just please not Scola

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If the reports from the workouts of Larry Sanders are true right now you could probably get a better big in the D-league.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm not going to lie Eric Moreland from the cavs d-league team has been balling out... If it came down to Sanders and Scola I'd want Griff to take a look at Moreland again just because

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Quizzlefish posted:

Fresh Prince of Bel Air when his dad doesn't show up is the ultimate tear jerker, followed closely by the scene where they sleep in the public toilet in the Pursuit of Happyness. Maybe I just love Will Smith (I do).

I need some help guys. I'm a Blazers fan and I have league pass. But watching Portland has been excruciating this season. Who should I get behind and watch this year?

Plenty of room on this heat bandwagon baby

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

All of us pro youtube clip watchers are going to have to eat our words about Jaylen the bust Brown if he keeps playing the way he's been playing.

I don't think it disproves the heuristic that not being able to make layups or jumpshots is not a positive for NBA prospects

I picked out Jaylen Brown as top of the rookie class as little as 1/4 of the way through the season, and it was 1000% on eye test. The advanced stats community doesn't even bother trying to explain their endless failures anymore...

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Quizzlefish posted:

I was never really sure if all the LMA wants to be no 1 option was real or not. He always seemed very classy in Portland to me and maybe he was just sick of losing in the first round of the playoffs.

Watch the Knicks, probably the best team to not make the playoffs this year

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Bashez is our own personal Skip Bayless Conversation Starter did y'all see this beautiful post:

Bashez posted:

I haven't noticed it before but that's not saying a whole lot.

I think one point people are overlooking in the MVP race is that Harden has better teammates than Kawhi.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Harden also has a better beard. Did anyone think of that too?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Quizzlefish posted:

The Bucks have both Giannis and Gus Johnson.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Lebron's stats since Kevin Love got injured in February

27.7 pts, 11.3 rebs, 9.0 ast, .662 TS%

Still the real MVP

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The MVP is basically the Not LeBron award

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

WhyteRyce posted:

Buddy Buckets Hield is well on his way to getting over that elusive 10ppg mark on efficient shooting. We got a new horse in the ROTY race

Finally my predictions coming true. Just took several freak injuries and trades to make it a reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Quizzlefish posted:

the spurs, obviously.

they're cool, they're fun this year, and their games are often heart attacking inducingly close which alway makes for a "good" time.

EvanTH posted:

Bashez is our own personal Skip Bayless Conversation Starter did y'all see this beautiful post:

don't the rockets have like 3 of the top 5 3pt makers this season? that's pretty good. plus dekker seems to bring it off the bench. ariza is solid 3+D.

i'm not saying the rockets are necessarily "better," but the spurs not named kawhi this year have been seriously hit or miss. i think everyone just assumes, oh its the spurs, everyone plays really well and they have tons of talent, when that's not true all the time this year.

i think the spurs are great and the team is cool, but i also know i'm burying a lot of my worries about the team because they're using kawhi's extra large hands to pull miracles out of their rear end

• Locked thread