Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Qmass posted:

I knew that buying on steam meant playing through uplay but I did it anyway. Then I realised that it unlocked on uplay at midnight local and I said whatever, Ill get a proper nights sleep instead of staying up late. Now that it's out on steam and taking longer to decrypt than it did to pre-load I am starting to think maybe I made the wrong decision buying it on steam :D

Yeah this. Was strongly tempted to delete it and reinstall instead of waiting for it to unpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wow, game is absolutely loving huge. Typical Ubisoft content but there's a lot of shootmans here for the money. I'm also kind of disgusted with myself for being tempted by the cowboy costume pack - bomber jacket and lever action rifle, c'mon. :v:

I'm Foureyedfairy if anyone wants to play together later. Off to work in a couple hours so dicking around solo, but after that I'm poopsocking.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Looks like you have to boot the game once to activate website. Task Force still good to go, submit app with your SA name if you haven't already:

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/3275/JEFF-K-IS-OSCAR-MIKE

This is the PC task force if they're maintaining separate platform task forces, it was unclear at the end of the open beta.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

Wow, game is absolutely loving huge. Typical Ubisoft content but there's a lot of shootmans here for the money. I'm also kind of disgusted with myself for being tempted by the cowboy costume pack - bomber jacket and lever action rifle, c'mon. :v:

I'm Foureyedfairy if anyone wants to play together later. Off to work in a couple hours so dicking around solo, but after that I'm poopsocking.

how's the prices for this stuff? Is it in the few bucks impulse buy to play GI Joe dressup side of things? If it is I'm totally gonna wind up buying at least a couple stupid outfits.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Obsurveyor posted:

You can definitely accidentally run people over so there is that.

Yeah.... accidentally....

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Woo, game's finally out, time to do some serious operating.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

how's the prices for this stuff? Is it in the few bucks impulse buy to play GI Joe dressup side of things? If it is I'm totally gonna wind up buying at least a couple stupid outfits.

Looks around eight pounds or so for a full costume, with a little extra if you buy the fast unlock weapons alongside them. It's...not great at first glance, but they're probably banking on the whales here so it's not a big shock.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

poptart_fairy posted:

You can't buy the outfit pieces individually so my rear end is tempted by $10 for the round sunglasses and cat patch and oh jesus that lever action gently caress :sweatdrop:

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I swear the performance on PC improved between closed and open beta and now its back to the way it was during closed :/

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I wonder if we can stumble across Sandoval's body.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm definitely getting fewer frames on my open beta settings.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Hey, your dudes actually spot people and something appears on the minimap now! Game seems to look a little better maxed out too but that just might be different area, different time of day thing.

The cigar in cutscenes looks so ridiculous(ly good).

edit: I wonder where the pre-order mission is, anyone figure that out yet?

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 7, 2017

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Still having the same bug here I had with the beta on PC. I launch the game and it brings up the mini window where it starts, then that closes and nothing ever launches :v: During beta I had to fix it by migrating the game folder to my OS drive.

Well at least now I'll have more time for HZD until they patch this poo poo

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Obsurveyor posted:

Looks like you have to boot the game once to activate website. Task Force still good to go, submit app with your SA name if you haven't already:

https://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US/task-force/profile/3275/JEFF-K-IS-OSCAR-MIKE

This is the PC task force if they're maintaining separate platform task forces, it was unclear at the end of the open beta.

Donezo.

Also, what a loving rip, you can't mix and match the Mad Max outfit! :negative:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kesper North posted:

Oh, I know, but this gun that is barely available in the US to non-military/LEO customers due to import restrictions, on top of the NFA, is most likely only known to young American mall ninjas because of video games.

You know some of us liked Die Hard and Predator a lot as kids too.

Yes I know those are chopped and converted HK94s...but they were still cool as poo poo.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Now that I've done the tutorial mission, I think the first thing I'll do, rather blissfully, is just try to find as many collectibles, skill points, and weapons as I can. I'm digging that there seem to be random enemy spawns with supplies, so scouring the ends of the earth to unlock the last whatever won't be too necessary.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of supplies, they seem to have buffed the amount you get from the caches quite significantly. In the beta I was getting 50 per drop, but I'm routinely getting 250 in retail.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
You can take the scope off the Mk14 and use it as a big rear end battle rifle. It's no FAL but it'll do :q:

Edit:

It uses sniper ammo though so welp that kinda blows

Beeb fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 7, 2017

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

poptart_fairy posted:

Speaking of supplies, they seem to have buffed the amount you get from the caches quite significantly. In the beta I was getting 50 per drop, but I'm routinely getting 250 in retail.

It's random. I guess they wanted to give people an incentive to get them over just doing supply raids.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
It seems the AI got a bump, I'm not steamrolling folks like I was before. Nice!

Edit:

I don't remember being able to access your loadout on the fly in the beta, that's pretty nifty. Just pull all your guns and attachments and dress up options out of your butt :haw:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Mar 7, 2017

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Well, spent three hours or so shooting mans solo. Got myself the sniper from the training camp, the AS50 looking motherfucker. Then scooted up to Romanzo and got me the m203 underbarrel because gently caress me I forgot you got the basic one from unlocking the grenade launcher skill.

It was fun trying to outrun missiles, and infiltrate a huge bottling plant to get the Intel drop on the weapon locations (Romanzo). On my way out, accidentally nuked a civie with my c4.

Looking forward to getting with some goons and playing GTA V dis game.

taels
Oct 19, 2012

K:CID:X
I nearly p2w'd the gun kits then actually had a great time getting atonwd drankan up n playin 'lands with some cool pubbies. Just fuckin around playing designated pilotmans. The main story implementation isnt bad and i was worried itd be either all gtav/mgs or all terrible division mechanics and destiny grind. Happy medium.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Are there alot of goons grabbing this for PS4 at all or is it mostly PC people ?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Someone needs to make a google docs spreadsheet so people can list their platform and name for grouping.

I'm on PS4. My copy should arrive later today but feel free to add me: joedbaker

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I just got it for ps4

Psn: GhostStalker512

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.

fit em all up in there posted:

Are there alot of goons grabbing this for PS4 at all or is it mostly PC people ?

There is a PS4 task force posted a few pages back. I'm on PS4: BurleighHead

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I use my roommate's PS4 and his PSN but feel free to add me @ HairlipCraven. Will probably be playing tonight after work.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Any word on how to stop the audio files that you pick up, from playing?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Access them from the intel menu. :v:

Man, the main plot is dumb as bricks, but I love the intel stuff - the Cartel's leader waxing lyrical about visions and ambition during trippy hallucinations, the OK!-style magazine poo poo during intel of the playboy cartel dude and so on. I'm a huge sucker for collectibles done in this style; they add far more flavour to the world than those terrible jokey conversations between your AI squad.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I'm strongly considering just turning off narration entirely for this game, I don't want to hear anything it has to say really.

Also, why can no developer get multiplayer right? Apparently you can't just join anyone in your task force. You have to request invites because there is no "My game is open to friends & task force" setting. If you're cool with drop-in co-op please friend people from the task force. I'll be friending everyone that I don't already have tonight. Feel free to reject if you don't want drop-ins, I won't take offense. :)

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 7, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Obsurveyor posted:

I'm strongly considering just turning off narration entirely for this game, I don't want to hear anything it has to say really.

Also, why can no developer get multiplayer right? Apparently you can't just join anyone in your task force. You have to request invites because there is no "My game is open to friends & task force" setting. If you're cool with drop-in co-op please friend people from the task force. I'll be friending everyone that I don't already have tonight. Feel free to reject if you don't want drop-ins, I won't take offense. :)

so what's the point of a task force, then? I figured it's main thing would be letting you just set stuff to 'friends/task force' for easy teamup

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Jesus christ, just listened to the audio log where those two torturers are arguing over the size of a corpse's dick, and then tuned into the radio just as the DJ was talking about pubic hair. :laffo:

Feels like a lot of the non-plot stuff is trying to be Saints Row level crass while the main plot huffs and farts about honour and duty.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I mean it shouldn't be surprised but Ghost Recon network is down and for some reason PS4 DLC keys are hosed right now.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Feels like a lot of the non-plot stuff is trying to be Saints Row level crass while the main plot huffs and farts about honour and duty.

cockholsters

Ferrett
Sep 6, 2000

I'm going to start this on ps4 tonight (west coast time), PSN: Clownballoon. Feel free to add me!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

Jesus christ, just listened to the audio log where those two torturers are arguing over the size of a corpse's dick, and then tuned into the radio just as the DJ was talking about pubic hair. :laffo:

yea as soon as I went from making a character with skull face paint and a cowboy hat who's dressed like she got lost from a terrible music festival to a dramatic "WE GOTTA TAKE THESE TANGOS DOWN FOR AMERICA OORAH" intro I knew I 100% don't give a gently caress about main plot.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I snagged this on steam and will hopefully be playing it tonight. Requested to join the task force.

edit: do we have a discord for this?

VVVV Thanks! VVVVVVv

ssb fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 7, 2017

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

shortspecialbus posted:

I snagged this on steam and will hopefully be playing it tonight. Requested to join the task force.

edit: do we have a discord for this?

You bet your sweet rear end we do!

https://discord.gg/8kzX2Et

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anybody streaming, or too early for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol that I started downloading this last night around 7, and it's still not finished...

Thanks psn.

• Locked thread