Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Myself, I pretty much thought TR was vaporware from 2005 (when I hung out in the IRC a lot) until Map 1 was released.
It got honestly pretty close to shutting down in early 2016, but by now I'm confident that this will keep going for a while still. Hopefully until it's reasonably feature complete.

It's right, too, that we need modelers specifically right now. Not only for the Deshaan/Dres assets (which only exist on concept art paper), but also since Greatness7 recently demonstrated how absurdly bad our old expanded Mournhold style buildings are (they were apparently cobbled together in NIFScope) - and there's probably a whole lot more where that came from.

Edit: New page mod suggestion: Wealth Within Measure, a new banking mod which is basically like a better IndyBank only less intrusive and dead. Features multiple banks, even. And a TR addon. ;)

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Does anyone feel like making a list of just the mods relating to and recommended for a TR playthrough? I know there's TR itself, then the guild unification thing, the bank mod Atrayonis just mentioned I guess? And obviously all of Stuporstar's stuff, unless any of it conflicts with TR somehow.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Woebin posted:

Does anyone feel like making a list of just the mods relating to and recommended for a TR playthrough? I know there's TR itself, then the guild unification thing, the bank mod Atrayonis just mentioned I guess? And obviously all of Stuporstar's stuff, unless any of it conflicts with TR somehow.

I can make a TR-specific portion of the OP this weekend, if anyone wants to recommend any mods besides these and any other obviously labeled ones I might not be able to find easily.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Careful, TR1609's move to Tamriel_Data left a whole lot of old mods floundering. They need an application of the Tamriel_Data filepatcher. Abot's Boats and Silt Striders need this, and they conflict with TR_Travels (last one in the load order wins).

However, if I may tout my own horn, I made Graphic Herbalism Addons, including Tamriel_Data v01 and v02.

Anthology Solstheim/Anthology Tomb of the Snow Prince were meant to complient Tamriel Rebuilt. Both of them have a "TR_Alpha patch",. but it only corrects a minor landscaping conflict which is not strictly necessary.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 3, 2017

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Atrayonis posted:

Myself, I pretty much thought TR was vaporware from 2005 (when I hung out in the IRC a lot) until Map 1 was released.
It got honestly pretty close to shutting down in early 2016, but by now I'm confident that this will keep going for a while still. Hopefully until it's reasonably feature complete.

It's right, too, that we need modelers specifically right now. Not only for the Deshaan/Dres assets (which only exist on concept art paper), but also since Greatness7 recently demonstrated how absurdly bad our old expanded Mournhold style buildings are (they were apparently cobbled together in NIFScope) - and there's probably a whole lot more where that came from.

Edit: New page mod suggestion: Wealth Within Measure, a new banking mod which is basically like a better IndyBank only less intrusive and dead. Features multiple banks, even. And a TR addon. ;)

Are you guys going to continue to tweak existing areas, or have your teams moved on from there? Because going through some areas to add my own additions, I notice so many floaters. I almost have to slap myself not to touch them in my own mods, because totally rearranging TR's Telvanni towers is not really within the scope of it.

I would love to scour them all some day to fix everything like that I find in TR, because I am obsessive about interiors matching exteriors, making sure nothing floats or clips, and so on--way more attentive than I used to be. I find still find poo poo in UL I find embarrasing. Maybe once I finally finish my UL overhaul...

Oh, and about those Discord chats, are you guys all on voice chat now or are you using it more like IRC. I ask because I am so loving bad at listening while doing other poo poo. I prefer text because I can switch my attention to it and read to catch up with the conversation. In chat, I'd mostly be saying, "Uh, what?" It's loving embarrasing.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Stuporstar posted:

Are you guys going to continue to tweak existing areas, or have your teams moved on from there? Because going through some areas to add my own additions, I notice so many floaters. I almost have to slap myself not to touch them in my own mods, because totally rearranging TR's Telvanni towers is not really within the scope of it.

I would love to scour them all some day to fix everything like that I find in TR, because I am obsessive about interiors matching exteriors, making sure nothing floats or clips, and so on--way more attentive than I used to be. I find still find poo poo in UL I find embarrasing. Maybe once I finally finish my UL overhaul...

Oh, and about those Discord chats, are you guys all on voice chat now or are you using it more like IRC. I ask because I am so loving bad at listening while doing other poo poo. I prefer text because I can switch my attention to it and read to catch up with the conversation. In chat, I'd mostly be saying, "Uh, what?" It's loving embarrasing.
We're definitely going through existing areas for bugfixes. I'm currently doing some fixing in Necrom, some of which were reported just after Sacred East was released. But if any of your reports involve that goddamn pan, then don't bother, this is getting tackled.

We're using Discord as better IRC (server-side scrollback and search function, persistent nicknames, etc, make Discord really convenient). Voice chat is not used at all.
Historically, we tried using voice chat for our weekly meetings after just moving off Skype in early 2016. Turns out a lot of people are really really relucant to speak, and all-text made our weekly meetings easier, so that's pretty much what we're doing nonstop now.

Fakeedit: same goes for the other Morrowind Discord servers I'm in. Voice chat is a novelity and for coordinating in MMOs, we all use it for text chatting pretty much.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 3, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I am very well aware of the status and progress of TR, but I have to ask: as of right now, how many hours of content do you think you can ROUGHLY estimate a player would have purely within the mainland? If they did maybe, 75% of the quests, dungeons, etc.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Node posted:

I am very well aware of the status and progress of TR, but I have to ask: as of right now, how many hours of content do you think you can ROUGHLY estimate a player would have purely within the mainland? If they did maybe, 75% of the quests, dungeons, etc.

Personally, when I do TR, I just head out and explore and mostly just go back to the towns when I need something. Morrowind's about exploration for me and I don't really like "go out and collect [x] amount of pubes" quests.

Depending on the character, and if you're being methodical, I could easily get anywhere between 40 - 60 hours out of the TR content atm. That's just an estimate.

Edit: Comment is without prejudice to the guild quests which may actually be good - I haven't done them

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Musical_Daredevil posted:

I can make a TR-specific portion of the OP this weekend, if anyone wants to recommend any mods besides these and any other obviously labeled ones I might not be able to find easily.
That would be extremely rad.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
There's a couple of house mods and things, but they will all require patching with the Tamriel_Data filepatcher and some will require the Dummy Maps.
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-48-6247
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-48-6315
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-48-12636
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-48-12648
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-48-13709
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-48-6464 - Starfire NPC addon for TR, no idea if that even still works.
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-48-13285 - adds a bridge to the mainland

These do not need patching:

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43428/ technically for Tamriel_Data
http://www.moddb.com/mods/old-ebonheart-homes-tamriel-rebuilt is fairly new.
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44615/ is kept up-to-date and has locations for TR. (Recommended)
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44577/ - updates the Talos Cult hideout with Tamriel_Data stuff

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 5, 2017

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Atrayonis posted:

We're definitely going through existing areas for bugfixes. I'm currently doing some fixing in Necrom, some of which were reported just after Sacred East was released. But if any of your reports involve that goddamn pan, then don't bother, this is getting tackled.

We're using Discord as better IRC (server-side scrollback and search function, persistent nicknames, etc, make Discord really convenient). Voice chat is not used at all.
Historically, we tried using voice chat for our weekly meetings after just moving off Skype in early 2016. Turns out a lot of people are really really relucant to speak, and all-text made our weekly meetings easier, so that's pretty much what we're doing nonstop now.

Fakeedit: same goes for the other Morrowind Discord servers I'm in. Voice chat is a novelity and for coordinating in MMOs, we all use it for text chatting pretty much.

Awesome. I guess I need to finally get on that.

I'll have to start keeping notes on cells and positions of all the floaters I find. There was a whole section (tables, urns, etc.) floating a couple "inches" off the ground somewhere in Tel Aranyon, and floating plants in that cave I mentioned earlier with the Boethiah head. I've also found faceless root ends sticking out of things now and then.

I was also wondering, do you guys have a handy list of all the settlements you're adding to the mainland that has their alignments. I'm drawing a new map of Morrowind for BoV and want to include as much of mainland as TR has done so far, using the online map as a reference. The problem with looking towns up on the wiki is the only ones with any information about them are the ones in released maps, and I wanted the faction status of each town because I'm using different little symbols to indicate that. In the area near Amalexia, for example, I have no idea what's Indoril, or Hlaalu, or Dres. I also don't have a symbol yet for Dres, if you have any ideas. I'm using the symbols used on the Vivec signs, and for Indoril chose a different bug symbol (than Redoran's) from the MW concept art.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Stuporstar posted:

I also don't have a symbol yet for Dres, if you have any ideas.

handcuffs

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I wonder if ESO has a symbol for House Dres. The only symbol I can actually recall is House Telvanni, because they did not join the Ebonheart Pact so they wouldn't have to set their Argonian slaves free.

Dres, Indoril, Redoran and Hlaalu all signed up.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

I don't know if this is a joke post, but Dres' symbol does actually appear to be a set of shackles.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:House_Dres

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mountaineer posted:

I don't know if this is a joke post, but Dres' symbol does actually appear to be a set of shackles.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:House_Dres
:eyepop:

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Stuporstar posted:

I was also wondering, do you guys have a handy list of all the settlements you're adding to the mainland that has their alignments.
That's one of my pet projects, actually. I keep peddlign the Gridmap to everyone who will listen.

The official planned settlement list is in the last official release map.

However, since we've started moving south in earnest and have made exterior claims for the Lake Andaram region, there has been a need to discuss additional Hlaalu settlements. These were done in a few brainstorming sessions between Gnomey (the relucant TR leader) and me. More info here, but these are not official yet. They are scheduled for a Sunday meeting, however.

quote:

I'm drawing a new map of Morrowind for BoV and want to include as much of mainland as TR has done so far, using the online map as a reference.
The UESP one? That's a particularly painful case of being outdate. Seneca and me made it together, but he retired due to rl work. I only was given his Python scripts two weeks ago and I haven't yet managed to understand how they work (I'm not a Python coder). The UESP map uses the older Google map API and needs 17,000 images to work properly that I can't generate yet. There are update images of the landmass here (40x40 cells) or here (64x64 cells).

quote:

The problem with looking towns up on the wiki is the only ones with any information about them are the ones in released maps, and I wanted the faction status of each town because I'm using different little symbols to indicate that. In the area near Amalexia, for example, I have no idea what's Indoril, or Hlaalu, or Dres. I also don't have a symbol yet for Dres, if you have any ideas. I'm using the symbols used on the Vivec signs, and for Indoril chose a different bug symbol (than Redoran's) from the MW concept art.
There has been a drive to update the wiki for a really long time, but nothing happens if nobody does it.
House Dres (TR namespace) on the UESP wiki suffers from no symbol, but we have some in the handbook:
House Dres in the TR handbook

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I haven't checked in in a few months, are there any written TR quests that need coding yet? I pound those suckers out in an afternoon ez pz

my one gripe with TR is I think I'm listed under the credits as a tester instead of a modder, that may have changed

also one thing I never got credit for is some time either just for sacred east or around that time I exported every dialogue using LGNPC's text exporter and fixed every misspelling I could find (there were a lot). Then I sent a fixed esp to arvisrend and now you can play map 1 without "nessecary" and "acceptible" and "acheive". map 1 was and still is pretty nuts lol

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Overhauling the credit list and detailing what everybody has done is on the very, very long to-do list. What was your nickname?

Do we need quester? Hell yes do we need questers. I don't know how precisely you define "written". We have one large-ish Imperial Legion questline planned out with several quest claims that are ready for claiming (I don't know how these hold up with quest claims from the old guard, though). Some misc quests, another medium sized IAS questline, and we are currently planning Foul Murder, a post-maingame questline centered around Necrom, Alaundro Sul's wraithmail and the Nerevar bonewalker.

If you've registered on the post-phpBB2 site, check your dashboard! It has a list of unclaimed claims, including a list of unclaimed quest claims.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 6, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Atrayonis posted:

I get such a loving boner when TR maps are posted. If that creeps you out, I'm sorry. Well, not really.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Isn't there a morrowind font generator program? Google finds nothing. (To be clear, I'm looking to generate fonts to use in-game.)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Am I crazy or does MGEU does that?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

MGEU? It seems a little out of their balliwick, but I suppose I could email them.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Agents are GO! posted:

Isn't there a morrowind font generator program? Google finds nothing. (To be clear, I'm looking to generate fonts to use in-game.)

I can upload the one from chocolate pack in the op, hang on

e:hopefully this works https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i9dkmf1s5rcaqx/Morrowind%20Font%20Maker%20v1.0.zip?dl=0

a cow fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 7, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

MGEU? It seems a little out of their balliwick, but I suppose I could email them.

Hahaha, I was pretty sure that was the name of MGE-XE before it was XE and I couldn't remember the new one.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

Sky Shadowing posted:

I wonder if ESO has a symbol for House Dres. The only symbol I can actually recall is House Telvanni, because they did not join the Ebonheart Pact so they wouldn't have to set their Argonian slaves free.

Dres, Indoril, Redoran and Hlaalu all signed up.

We may get official heraldry after Vvardenfell launches in a couple months but no cigar yet, not even in screenshots. Out of the styles shown in them, (presumably)Telvanni staff might hold their symbol.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

I think the font is called magic cards

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Atrayonis posted:

Overhauling the credit list and detailing what everybody has done is on the very, very long to-do list. What was your nickname?

Do we need quester? Hell yes do we need questers. I don't know how precisely you define "written". We have one large-ish Imperial Legion questline planned out with several quest claims that are ready for claiming (I don't know how these hold up with quest claims from the old guard, though). Some misc quests, another medium sized IAS questline, and we are currently planning Foul Murder, a post-maingame questline centered around Necrom, Alaundro Sul's wraithmail and the Nerevar bonewalker.

If you've registered on the post-phpBB2 site, check your dashboard! It has a list of unclaimed claims, including a list of unclaimed quest claims.

Mortimer

Written meaning "this has been designed and written and needs someone to put it in game"

I will definitely check that out, I'm a misc quest designer normally but how are you handling the faction quests? All generally by one person to keep a constant tone/character development or splitting it out?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

a cow posted:

I can upload the one from chocolate pack in the op, hang on

e:hopefully this works https://www.dropbox.com/s/6i9dkmf1s5rcaqx/Morrowind%20Font%20Maker%20v1.0.zip?dl=0

Thank you! That's exactly the one I was looking for!

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I'm not sure I'd recommend OpenMW. It's absolutely insane what they've managed to accomplish, but calling it a drop-in replacement is a little disingenuous:

- Movement feels strange and over-sensitive compared to vanilla. I found it much easier to get stuck in geometry, or get stuck mid-jump on something rather than land where I expected.
- One of the first things that happened when I started is an Imperial Guard in Seyda Neen appeared to react to my opening Fargoth's hiding place by running straight into the ocean. I never saw him again.
- Outside the Shulk egg mines, I attacked one of the miners while the other one stood and did nothing but watch and whistle.

It's a really exciting idea, and I can't wait until it's ready for prime time, but it just doesn't feel like Morrowind does.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

The first issue has to do with how OpenMW is calculating collision between the player and the environment. Exactly what you described is a known issue and is being worked on. Dunno about the other two, though.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

horse mans posted:

- One of the first things that happened when I started is an Imperial Guard in Seyda Neen appeared to react to my opening Fargoth's hiding place by running straight into the ocean. I never saw him again.
- Outside the Shulk egg mines, I attacked one of the miners while the other one stood and did nothing but watch and whistle.

these sound like vanilla morrowind lmao

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Atrayonis posted:

That's one of my pet projects, actually. I keep peddlign the Gridmap to everyone who will listen.

However, since we've started moving south in earnest and have made exterior claims for the Lake Andaram region, there has been a need to discuss additional Hlaalu settlements. These were done in a few brainstorming sessions between Gnomey (the relucant TR leader) and me. More info here, but these are not official yet. They are scheduled for a Sunday meeting, however.

The UESP one? That's a particularly painful case of being outdate. Seneca and me made it together, but he retired due to rl work. I only was given his Python scripts two weeks ago and I haven't yet managed to understand how they work (I'm not a Python coder). The UESP map uses the older Google map API and needs 17,000 images to work properly that I can't generate yet. There are update images of the landmass here (40x40 cells) or here (64x64 cells).
There has been a drive to update the wiki for a really long time, but nothing happens if nobody does it.
House Dres (TR namespace) on the UESP wiki suffers from no symbol, but we have some in the handbook:
House Dres in the TR handbook

Thanks for the links. This is awesome! I have been using the UESP map as a reference, and now I'm kind of dreading checking what I've done so far against it and having to redo a bunch of stuff. I hope you guys haven't moved a lot of mountains, because I've drawn enough of them to get hand cramps for life--though I've only just started working my way down from the east, and haven't drawn in much yet from the maps not released.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

these sound like vanilla morrowind lmao

Yeah I've gotten stuck more than once in vanilla.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Yeah, rip a bunch of my characters on xbox Morrowind.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yeah I've gotten stuck more than once in vanilla.

It's less about specific instances of getting stuck and more about how my muscle memory doesn't mesh with OpenMW.

I started a Morrowind run how I always do: steal the limeware platter, steal everything, give Fargoth his ring, go to the tradehouse, get the ring back, keep the money, grab the mushrooms for Ajira, grab Tarhiel's crap, go to Balmora, join the guilds, talk to Caius, kill the rats, steal the pillows, off to the egg mine, straight to the Queen's lair, back out, grab the flowers for Ajira, turn in those quests, off to Caldera to kill the Telvanni agents. It's second nature for me in Morrowind but doing it in OpenMW just felt completely off.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

horse mans posted:

It's less about specific instances of getting stuck and more about how my muscle memory doesn't mesh with OpenMW.

I started a Morrowind run how I always do: steal the limeware platter, steal everything, give Fargoth his ring, go to the tradehouse, get the ring back, keep the money, grab the mushrooms for Ajira, grab Tarhiel's crap, go to Balmora, join the guilds, talk to Caius, kill the rats, steal the pillows, off to the egg mine, straight to the Queen's lair, back out, grab the flowers for Ajira, turn in those quests, off to Caldera to kill the Telvanni agents. It's second nature for me in Morrowind but doing it in OpenMW just felt completely off.

report it as a bug

it felt a lot weirder running at 10982301823 fps 1080 but nothing weird

if you can replicate the bugs or weird behaviors please please please report it as a bug to openmw, bug reports are the only thing they can go off of

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Just imagine us in 40 years when we're playing Tamriel Rebuilt on OpenMW. :unsmigghh:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I hope that in 40 years Project Tamriel will have finished at least one province. Skyrim would be my first choice, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Doc Hawkins posted:

I hope that in 40 years Project Tamriel will have finished at least one province. Skyrim would be my first choice, but I'll take whatever I can get.

I would make fun of them for being so ludicrously ambitious, but I did that to TR and look where it is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'd be happy with just the Morrowind province ands loads and loads of really well fleshed out main quests that can visibly change the world.

Maybe the Black Marsh too - given it's kind of alien/exotic.