Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Regalingualius posted:

...90% of what?

Of malaria cases? Probably? Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Regalingualius posted:

...90% of what?

90% of 100%

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

JGdmn posted:

I see no onions on that chart.

It's a failure in all ways.

The onions are mentioned in the bottom text. There are some toppings they did not put on the "graph".

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
All the slices of that pizza are the same size and there's several data points assigned to each of them. Why the hell would you think it was meant to be a pie chart?

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
lot at this really loving stupid scatter plot

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

These are some of the weirdest dildos I've ever seen

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Ah, the Singaporean Holophonor...

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

No ring.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Oh, my child, you should take a look at my browser history.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Tumblr of scotch posted:

I've got a tinder date tonight, hopefully she'll be down to try the Korean elastic truth.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

FrozenVent posted:

I've got a tinder date tonight, hopefully she'll be down to try the Korean elastic truth.

No flared (word) base. I wouldn't try if I were you.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Tumblr of scotch posted:

I actually really like these, but I'd like them a lot more if I thought they were drawn according to any sort of logical system for all those shapes.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

That book is apparently meant to be an authority of some sort. Please at least tell me that graph is presented in the book as a joke.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Count Roland posted:

I actually really like these, but I'd like them a lot more if I thought they were drawn according to any sort of logical system for all those shapes.

Swedish is accurate though

catfry
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Antti posted:

That book is apparently meant to be an authority of some sort. Please at least tell me that graph is presented in the book as a joke.

I think it might be the original graphic, "enhanced" with some less serious examples.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Antti posted:

Management books take really conversational and chummy tones so its probably 1 part trying to communicate an actual idea tempered with 1 part tongue firmly in cheek.

Count Roland posted:

I think the distance between lines is meant to be how close or far two parties are from agreeing to every point of a discussion at a given point in time. So diversion is farther away from compromise and tightening is getting closer to compromise.

catfry posted:

I think it might be the original graphic, "enhanced" with some less serious examples.
That makes sense for some of the loonier examples. For example the two without arrows on the paths are a bit out of place in tone even with the rest.

zedprime has a new favorite as of 20:12 on Mar 7, 2017

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The Australian is pretty accurate for what it's worth.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I started getting angry about how simplistic the American chart was and then... holy poo poo. :aaa:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Letmebefrank posted:

Swedish is accurate though

So is the Canadian one, including with a bit of divergence at the end, so when the deal is done there's always some sort of followup question.

I couldn't point to any part of the chart and say why its accurate though. I want a legend, or a scale or something.

The Italian and Finnish ones are great.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
My one experience with Koreans in a business capacity followed that graph eerily closely.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Count Roland posted:

So is the Canadian one, including with a bit of divergence at the end, so when the deal is done there's always some sort of followup question.

The difference between the Canadian and American ones matches with my experience, too.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
i'm the Israeli Crunch

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Finnish, Dutch, and Polish are also on point. But I suspect it's just because those graphs are more like ink-blot tests.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I remember reading a book about modern Chinese government where the author said that the PRC tends to be very reasonable in trade negotiations and open to compromise on most geopolitical issues as long as they don't attract much popular attention back home, but once the news gets out, they go into full blustering national pride mode and it's impossible to get anything done until the media frenzy dies down.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I always liked how this one business communication (lol) textbook I had would contradict its own message over and over.

"People are people everywhere, and there's a great deal of variance of practices between different cultures and groups within a country, as well as differences of practices within cultures or groups"

one chapter later...

"Korean people negotiate like this, doo do doo doo doo, but French people negotiate like this, doo doo do do doo."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Antti posted:

Here's the book as a 600 page pdf:
http://www.utntyh.com/alumnos/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/When-Cultures-Collide.pdf

Kennel has a new favorite as of 01:25 on Mar 8, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

canyoneer posted:

I always liked how this one business communication (lol) textbook I had would contradict its own message over and over.

"People are people everywhere, and there's a great deal of variance of practices between different cultures and groups within a country, as well as differences of practices within cultures or groups"

one chapter later...

"Korean people negotiate like this, doo do doo doo doo, but French people negotiate like this, doo doo do do doo."

Lmao, sounds exactly like the French.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I take it back, its an authoritative management book because its looney and people probably describe it as "it says what international managers are really thinking," and partly because of the ink blot effect where white people can still look at it and say, yep just like those Australians to be all thanks mate.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Ah thanks for posting this, I've seen these a while ago in a powerpoint in a company talk about how to talk with the people from the Indian company that manage our IT infra, and was specifically asked not to share it because of copyright stuff. But now it's out there, eh.

Maybe a bit strangely formatted, but this chart seems quite clear to me?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Wait so it's like literally every other company structure?

But friendly.

:downs:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I reckon a second edition is in order.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Beautiful!

Also please mods change my name to "boss, but friendly"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Foxhound posted:

Wait so it's like literally every other company structure?

But friendly.

:downs:
They fell flat with the boss colouring.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Go Human Beings woo!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Carbon dioxide posted:

Maybe a bit strangely formatted, but this chart seems quite clear to me?

the wedges have the wrong centerpoint, so the size of the slice does not correspond to its value. c.f. "KS fees" and "Shipping & Logistics" which have the same value but have wedges of slightly different sizes.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Pitfalls: autism

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Google Trends for "International Men's Day"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pakled posted:

I remember reading a book about modern Chinese government where the author said that the PRC tends to be very reasonable in trade negotiations and open to compromise on most geopolitical issues as long as they don't attract much popular attention back home, but once the news gets out, they go into full blustering national pride mode and it's impossible to get anything done until the media frenzy dies down.

That tends to be true about diplomacy in general. JFK and Khrushchev for example were only able to back out of brinkmanship during the Cuban missile crisis once they sidelined official channels, press releases and cabinet members, and made a personal deal brokered in secret by Bobby K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TinTower posted:

Google Trends for "International Men's Day"

Googling it right now.