Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Consider : rubbing their head and scritching them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mushishi Zoku Shou is an extremely good show. The soundtrack is loving stunning, too. I am absolutely powerless against the way it combines strings and pianos and chimes together.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In the opening of Nier Automata 2B wonders how long it will be until she can kill god. A strong opening.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Erg posted:

I did a work and now I'm remembering that Firis is out today and will be in my grubby paws in 16 hours

oh gently caress you're right

it's 60 bucks on steam so i guess i'm gonna be waiting a while...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I assume the sequel will be Atelier Isis.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

I assume the sequel will be Atelier Isis.

lol look at this guy who missed out on the most famous game in the series

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 7, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

lol look at this guy who missed out on the most famous game in the series

Never have I been so owned.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-03-06/macross-frontier-singer-sheryl-nome-teases-return/.113052
Buckle up.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Everything Burrito posted:

i'm touching my cat's feet

Good :3

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Spiritus Nox posted:

Mushishi Zoku Shou is an extremely good show. The soundtrack is loving stunning, too. I am absolutely powerless against the way it combines strings and pianos and chimes together.

:agreed:

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

chumbler posted:

Never have I been so owned.

Here's the unedited boxart tho

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Kewai is an extremely good track(s)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nier is amazing so far, even though I'm somehow lost on the way to the first boss. You know, the one from the demo. That i played through a couple times.

Perhaps I'm more tired than I realized, thank god for suspend mode.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sigh. Guess it's time to finally buckle up and watch Macross Frontier.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://mobile.twitter.com/fukidamaripeke/status/838683313673924608

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Julias posted:

its good

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
if you like cute stuff and willing to overlook some eeek parts, check out the Nisemonogatari simulwatch

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Julias posted:

You should.
:3:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a kitten posted:

Nier is amazing so far, even though I'm somehow lost on the way to the first boss. You know, the one from the demo. That i played through a couple times.

Perhaps I'm more tired than I realized, thank god for suspend mode.

It seems like they made the demo portion a bit harder, or I'm just ridiculously out of practice. Most likely the latter.

Also you can buy a fishing spot locator at the first shop. I am glad that 2B likes to fish.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
To clarify: I've seen clips and have been meaning to; it's just been sitting on my backlog for quite a while.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lol tita started angry firing a cannon at an airship and almost bought it down

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Macross put me off after some buddies and I simulwatched the original, SDF Macross. The idol poo poo in that goes to such an extreme degree, there's romantic misunderstandings in the love triangle, no progress is made for a long rear end time (as far as the relationship drama goes), they put all the mecha stuff in the backburner, and gently caress Minmay she's real bad??? It was pretty funny when the aliens freaked the gently caress out when they saw a kiss, it's not like we missed "the point". In the end though, the whole thing was 90% bleh, with the remaining 10% being either cool action or unintentional comedy... or Max.

I heard the other Macross series put even MORE loving emphasis on the singing though :suicide:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phimose Knight posted:

Macross put me off after some buddies and I simulwatched the original, SDF Macross. The idol poo poo in that goes to such an extreme degree, there's romantic misunderstandings in the love triangle, no progress is made for a long rear end time (as far as the relationship drama goes), they put all the mecha stuff in the backburner, and gently caress Minmay she's real bad??? It was pretty funny when the aliens freaked the gently caress out when they saw a kiss, it's not like we missed "the point". In the end though, the whole thing was 90% bleh, with the remaining 10% being either cool action or unintentional comedy... or Max.

I heard the other Macross series put even MORE loving emphasis on the singing though :suicide:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
did you know that singing is, actually, really cool and fun

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

maybe you should watch gundam instead. sounds like you went into macross expecting a war show and that's not what it is about at all. its about ordinary people trying to live their lives in the face of hardship, and in macross world that takes the form of space cities, chinese restaurants, and love songs

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

The Colonel posted:

did you know that singing is, actually, really cool and fun

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Sociopaths aren't really my thing, so why am I rooting for Tanya the Evil?

Those first two episodes man... wow.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
The antihero versus divinity angle is pretty time-tested. Its easier to accept a protag when their flaws set them up for trial, and their character traits are the reason they stand out and beat the odds, which is what happens to Tanya

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Probably doesn't hurt that Aoi Yuuki was a great casting choice.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I figured it was just because I want her/him to beat God.

I was always disappointed with how Death Note ends with the good guy losing.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

I figured it was just because I want her/him to beat God.

I was always disappointed with how Death Note ends with the good guy losing.

But L died halfway through, not at the end :confused:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/ktwfc/status/839028417102143489

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

How do they see???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Awful

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

AnoHito posted:

But L died halfway through, not at the end :confused:

Wrong "L". :getin:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nitrousoxide posted:

How do they see???

Apparently they're actually high-tech goggles on the inside.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A Silent Voice is showing on a cinema in Liverpool next week but it's a Wednesday so I probably won't get to go.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

homeless snail posted:

maybe you should watch gundam instead. sounds like you went into macross expecting a war show and that's not what it is about at all. its about ordinary people trying to live their lives in the face of hardship, and in macross world that takes the form of space cities, chinese restaurants, and love songs

Tho heck despite what you say, one aspect of the original Macross I've always appreciated has been the focus on military life. Pretty rare for it to get that degree of attention in mecha, especially in that era.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I feel mixed about that Macross announcement insomuch as they gave the cast a decent enough ending, but if it's just Sheryl returning as part of the supporting cast in the next Macross just like how Macross 7 had some returning characters that didn't steal the spotlight from the new cast then I'd be fine with it.

But heck for all I know maybe it just means she's returning in a mobile game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

I have to go to class in three hours yet I do not regret staying up all night playing Nier, it's been too long since I've done something like this. Game is good and weird and charmingly clunky in all the right places.

• Locked thread