Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got a decent little setup going here in the motel

I like having the display be stationary.

Wish there was a way to change the mac address. That way I can have it mimic my authenticated iphone and connect to the wifi here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

You can go into settings and enable a bluetooth connection with airplane mode on.

e:

Teenage Fansub posted:

Docked looked 1080 to me.

Docked is 900p, Undocked is 720p

Arianya fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Mar 7, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Well I tried to check if my joycons had connection problems, but they worked great even when I held them behind a wall and behind my back ~5 meters from the console. I wonder if there are different hardware revisions or something like that? I wouldn't expect such wildly differing results from only 2.4G interference or what have you

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

You know how people said Dark Souls was a modern Zelda 1?...

The Souls games are compared to everything anyway so its hardly a metric, but people do this more with Zelda because it's often babies first 3rd person sword and sorcery adventure game.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

This is weird because I had it in airplane mode and played Zelda wirelessly literally a few days ago. You can still have bluetooth on in airplane mode.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

La la la wandering around the starting area of Zelda oh hi thirty bats attacking in a swarm welp guess it's time for the death animation.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

iajanus posted:

La la la wandering around the starting area of Zelda oh hi thirty bats attacking in a swarm welp guess it's time for the death animation.

Reported for spoiler tag abuse

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

bowmore posted:

how do you connect your receiver to the switch?

HDMI.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You only have to use airplane mode in takeoff and landings. Honestly not even then as they are largely just wanting you to turn your phone antenna off.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It's 2017, literally everyone in the plane but you keeps their poo poo on.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

For future reference:

FAA posted:

You can also continue to use short-range Bluetooth accessories, like wireless keyboards.

Source

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yeah "Airplane mode" isn't actually a thing, it's just a shortcut to turn off all your poo poo. You don't even need to do it during takeoff unless you get the flight attendants who are real sticklers. Just hit it once you lose signal so your phone doesn't drain its battery looking for one.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Anyone found a really good battery bank that will fit inside a Switch case?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So I'm here to see if the Switch thread is the new Xbone thread. Confirm/deny

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Obviously not because its about the Switch not the Xbone

Need to check your thread titles, friend. :eng101:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Conot posted:

Docked is 900p, Undocked is 720p

Dragon Quest? Docked looks pixel sharp to me. Either way, it sure isn't the handheld's resolution on TV.

e: I guess that poster could be saying that it doesn't switch it's rendering mode on handheld and is downsampling.
That'd actually be a useful case to judge the higher clock mode.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Mar 7, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

No Call of Doody and no Madden.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Seriously how do you move the icons on the home menu?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

Seriously how do you move the icons on the home menu?

By playing the games?

These look classy as.
http://imgur.com/gallery/LDRVN

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Watched the Cinemassacre BOTW livestream a few times, it seems to be an insanely dull open world game. Ubisoft level dull, it even has the Ubisoft towers to unlock parts of the map.

I didn't really see him do anything except typical empty open world busywork tasks. The combat was boring as well.

He did one mini dungeon that was a physics puzzle in which he had to spawn 3 ice blocks to get a ball over a ravine. :shepface:

10/10 GOTY JFC. (seriously: if this wasn't a Zelda game it would have been a 7.5/10 game that would have sold maybe 400k copies)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shaddap

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

amotea posted:

Watched the Cinemassacre BOTW livestream a few times, it seems to be an insanely dull open world game. Ubisoft level dull, it even has the Ubisoft towers to unlock parts of the map.

I didn't really see him do anything except typical empty open world busywork tasks. The combat was boring as well.

He did one mini dungeon that was a physics puzzle in which he had to spawn 3 ice blocks to get a ball over a ravine. :shepface:

10/10 GOTY JFC. (seriously: if this wasn't a Zelda game it would have been a 7.5/10 game that would have sold maybe 400k copies)

It's okay to have different opinions, even when those opinions are wrong. :kiddo:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Trump account confirmed

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

People are allowed to be mean to the switch here, so I'd say no!
Also more people seem to have bought one.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Really been loving all the goons lately who have watched a stream and thus know how a game plays better than those who have played it.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

amotea posted:

You're right we're all hypnotizing ourselves because it's Zelda.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

amotea posted:

lmao don't watch people play video games instead of playing them yourself, friend

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Mike Matei can make any game look like poo poo. I remember him playing Dead Rising and saying the game doesn't tell you where to go, ignoring the giant loving arrow on the top of the screen.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zelda is a super bad game and the switch is actually a terrible console.

This will continue to be my opinion until I loving find a god drat switch in stock somewhere.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This will continue to be my opinion until I loving find a god drat switch in stock somewhere.

Or you could get a WiiU, the greatest home console of all time.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Same, I'm calling around again this morning until someone sells me one.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Seriously though I don't think Breath of the Wild is a great game to just watch people play. There's a lot of times where I'm just scaling the side of a cliff with no fighting or anything like that, and it doesn't look like anything is happening but I'm extremely engaged. It's kinda like in Catherine how just sitting at the table listening to alcohol facts or stumbling around the bar drunkenly as you wonder what to text your girlfriend feels somehow more interesting than it might appear to a spectator.

It's not like watching someone play Mario 64 or something where there's a lot of fun visual drama happening for a viewer. A lot of it is internal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ratbert90 posted:

Or you could get a WiiU, the greatest home console of all time.

Sorry I only buy real consoles like the Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The Switch isn't real. My evidence is I haven't seen one yet.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Zelda is absolutely not a game that you can just watch to get the same experience, you need to actually play it to understand why people are going nuts over it

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
*watches someone eat a sandwich*

Terrible. I'm still hungry. Utterly unengaging.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I h ad both of those, along with many others, and the WiiU beats them all.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Zelda is absolutely not a game that you can just watch to get the same experience, you need to actually play it to understand why people are going nuts over it

If people watched me play they'd probably tell me to stop loving climbing and jumping off mountains and get on with the plot, maybe I will at some point but just walking around looking for stuff is still what I enjoy most

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Rad Valtar posted:

The Switch isn't real. My evidence is I haven't seen one yet.

You can get it with a reasonable $100 scalper fee :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm having a lot of fun with Link's Pro Spearfishing Challenge 2017

Yesterday I landed a Hylian bass with cryonis

• Locked thread