Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I guess I'll sit on my orbs because I already have plenty of reds and 5* Sharena. I kinda want Leo because he seems really fun, but it's not really worth braving the odds for one dude.

Leo might have seemed good in a pre- Olwen and Reinhardt era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Nuebot posted:

:shrug: I don't care enough about PVP to bother unless they add in different rewards. But like, I can have Hector right next to Takumi, smashing his face in. And he'll just start hiking down south to try and shoot at Nino who will also kill him on retaliation.

For this to have happened, that means Takumi had to have shot someone other than Hector the turn before. It honestly sounds more like bad positioning and not understanding how the ai works. This isn't just a PvP thing, the ai works the same in all content of the game. The only way to make the ai attack the units you want it to attack is by having only that unit in the ai's threat zone. You're going to have the same problems with Takumi using Robin, because Robin can't kill an uninjured Takumi in 1 attack. So if you leave other units in range for Takumi to attack, he's going to attack everyone that isn't Robin.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Getting to use characters I don't have as part of the hero battle is fun. So far it's made me wish I had Klein and Nowi.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

sassassin posted:

Getting another strong red isn't worth wasting your hoard imo.

Gotta agree with this. Rolled in hopes of a lucina duplicate or an Eirika to no avail. Picked up 4Tharja and a 3Henry so not a total loss, but yeah I feel oversaturated in reds as it is

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The hero battle seems neat. I will proudly back Team Lucina, because she's the best!

I had some orbs to burn, so I pulled from the new banners. I got a 5* Leo and Raven, so... that's something?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

KnoxZone posted:

You have the second and third best green units already.
But neither of those are Anna.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

The hero battle seems neat. I will proudly back Team Lucina, because she's the best!

I had some orbs to burn, so I pulled from the new banners. I got a 5* Leo and Raven, so... that's something?

Well, the best I got from 2 5-pulls +1 was 4* Seliph and 4* Abel, so yeah.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 7, 2017

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

sassassin posted:

Getting another strong red isn't worth wasting your hoard imo.

Yeah fair. I need an Azura/Cordelia banner probably since M-Robin is the only blue I have that's worth a drat.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yeah fair. I need an Azura/Cordelia banner probably since M-Robin is the only blue I have that's worth a drat.

Sharena exists and is worth upgrading.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Olwen & Reinhardt are upgrades on Robin.

Cordelia kind of sucks.

Who's the joker using a healer as their leader? Letting the side down.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 7, 2017

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Andrast posted:

Sharena exists and is worth upgrading.

If I had 40k feathers, yes, because I could run Nino/Sharena.

Wait, if I upgrade Nino and keep Sharena at 4* then I could still run the two together.

Is an Olivia/Nino/Sharena combo possible where you use Fortify Attack/Fortify Defense/Rally Attack to make Nino a tactical nuke?

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Got a Erika trying to roll for Leo on the prince banner, hooray? Maybe?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

If I had 40k feathers, yes, because I could run Nino/Sharena.

Wait, if I upgrade Nino and keep Sharena at 4* then I could still run the two together.

Is an Olivia/Nino/Sharena combo possible where you use Fortify Attack/Fortify Defense/Rally Attack to make Nino a tactical nuke?

Fortify attack and Rally attack don't stack but otherwise yes. I'v been playing with that lineup with Nino swapped for Tharja and it works really well.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Getting reeeeeeeal sick of these impossible-to-win situations.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I backed Lucina without realizing what's going on with this event since I have her. Has anyone figured out what the best way to maximize feather gains is?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the best way to maximize is to back teams with low members and then switch to the obvious winner endgame, so probably Alfonse > Eirika > Lucina

Unfortunately, you can't change teams unless your team lose so :(

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
This whole maximize tournament rewards seems needlessly complex for magical anime girl fighting game so I just picked lucina, gently caress it, I can't make my brain care about this

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

sassassin posted:

Cordelia kind of sucks.

Who's the joker using a healer as their leader? Letting the side down.

Reinhardt suffers a OHKO to Takumi: 46 ATK - 27 DEF = 19 DMG x 2 because his speed is garbage. Average Reinhardt HP is 38.

Olwen also suffers the same fate, 46 ATK - 20 DEF = 26 DMG x2 because her speed is garbage.

This wouldn't be a problem on maps which are just straight plains because they've got 3 movement, but because they get ratfucked by forest movement this is a big concern.

You're also losing average stats on Robin because you're running Brave weaponry, I believe those two sit at 150 or so and Robin sits at 160.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I haven't faced a Takumi in the arena in ages.

Two per match in this event, though (usually not on my side).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I backed Lucina without realizing what's going on with this event since I have her. Has anyone figured out what the best way to maximize feather gains is?

Wait till the second round to blow your flag stash.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
So far I've only had one bad match up that I still won by using a Light's Blessing. Not sure why they didn't ban those when they're banned in Arena, but it's not like I had a better use for it.

Also, just finished a match where the enemy team was Lucina, Tiki and Eirika vs. my team of Eirika, M. Robin and Julia. Wasn't expecting to see someone on the opposite team running Eirika.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Cordelia kind of sucks.

Re Cordelia: She's drat fast for a brave weapon user. unequip her triangle thingy and she can be pretty good if using her with olivia or azura

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ugh. I've been having awful luck with the gauntlet, both teams I've gone up against were running dual Takumi. Ephraims are not sufficient to deal with them.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Lube banjo posted:

Re Cordelia: She's drat fast for a brave weapon user. unequip her triangle thingy and she can be pretty good if using her with olivia or azura

It's mainly the Olivia Synergy since Olivia boosts Cordy's attack and is on a different weapon type.

Don't know if unequipping Triangle master is a good idea though since why would you ever send Cordelia at a green enemy?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Backed Ephraim becuase spears are cool.

Also decided to pull, was worried when I got 2 Oboros in a row, but then

:toot:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, I had saved up a whole bunch of orbs (over 100), used them on the princess banner in hope for lucina, and after pretty much running dry, I finally got a 5*... Ogma. I mean, at least I got Gwendolen so I can do the armour quest now, thats something, but you would not believe how mad Ogma's face made me. I don't suppose anyone here can say if a 5* Ogma is any good or not? I already have a +Def Lyn who fulfills most of my sword needs, but I guess a guy with a Brave sword+ could have their use?

Man, I'm still just really pissed off I used all those orbs only to end up with loving Ogma rather than Lucina or even Eirika. I am officially only going to spend my orbs when there's a green focus now, since I already have decent 5* for red and blue, and not even Lucina is worth the frustration at instead getting a boring sword man, when I already have a decent sword user. So mad at how dumb of an idea fishing for an "upgrade" to my sword girl turned out to be.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Yorkshire Tea posted:

It's mainly the Olivia Synergy since Olivia boosts Cordy's attack and is on a different weapon type.

Don't know if unequipping Triangle master is a good idea though since why would you ever send Cordelia at a green enemy?

I guess I've ran into situations where she really needed to do at least a little damage to a green but couldn't. But yeah I guess you are right it should almost always be avoidable

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I actually like the map format because it's neat to get a chance to use units I wouldn't get to otherwise.

Makes me wish I had a Hector, though. :(

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Did a waifu pull, got rewarded with Eirika. :getin:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Did a few rolls, finally saw some blue orbs (4 of them)... 3 of them were Subaki - two 3*s and a 4* (final was a 3* Shanna, who I also have). Seriously, gently caress this bullshit. Full pulled one of the double blue draws out of frustration and got a 5* Eldigan. Yay?

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

TheKingofSprings posted:

I actually like the map format because it's neat to get a chance to use units I wouldn't get to otherwise.

Makes me wish I had a Hector, though. :(

I like that we have a chance to do the Sibling Bonds quests without having any of those units. It's a neat bonus.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I also got a 4* Nino from the banner, but she's +speed -atk. The one I already have, who I already feathered up to 5* is +atk -HP, probably better. (Plus I already spent the feathers so screw that!)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Silver Falcon posted:

I also got a 4* Nino from the banner, but she's +speed -atk. The one I already have, who I already feathered up to 5* is +atk -HP, probably better. (Plus I already spent the feathers so screw that!)

She seems to get more than enough attack from buffs.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I've been going for a swordlord since I don't have one but all I'm getting is Laslow and Hana

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
What are some units that can get reposition? I want to pass it onto my Abel when skill passing comes out so I can actually get my Hector across the map.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It's pretty fun getting to use characters I'd otherwise never get to try in the gauntlet. I'm not really concerned about winning every single one because there's enough flags from the missions to use 100 per round and that should be more than enough to get a rank.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I have four different 5* red sword lords but I'd trade them all for one Lucina.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Who are they? Since dragons faded in my arena ranges I am very happy with Ryoma. I have a god Ryoma though, +ATK/-Hp.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

GLAAD trash bags posted:

What are some units that can get reposition? I want to pass it onto my Abel when skill passing comes out so I can actually get my Hector across the map.

Only one I know with it is Selena. Mine isn't good for much else (her Attack is terrible, just 18 at 4* 21) so I'll probably have her pass it on.

e: turns out she also has a -Atk nature so when it is skill transfer time she is Gone

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Did four summons. Got 4* Roy and a few other 4*s. I guess my luck ran out.