Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol just loving lol being kicked out of America because you came here when you were 3 just loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Knight posted:

HSAs are paying your own way, just at a price the insurance negotiated with the hospitals/pharmacies instead of the flat rate, and with a tax-sheltered savings account. You are probably paying premiums on top of this.

If you have a catastrophic accident you might hit your out of pocket max, which I think is $7k for an individual and $14k for a family.

They are for people who basically don't need health coverage but want coverage for a massive accident.

weird how you're only allowed to have a taxfree HSA coupled with a super high deductible insurance plan

wonder what's up with that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Knight posted:

HSAs are paying your own way, just at a price the insurance negotiated with the hospitals/pharmacies instead of the flat rate, and with a tax-sheltered savings account. You are probably paying premiums on top of this.

If you have a catastrophic accident you might hit your out of pocket max, which I think is $7k for an individual and $14k for a family.

They are for people who basically don't need health coverage but want coverage for a massive accident.

When I had knee surgery, I received a line item listing of what insurance paid.

For a simple arthroscopic meniscectomy, in at 5:30 AM and out before noon: $42k

Thank god for that $60/mo HSA

orange sky
May 7, 2007

How the gently caress does a border agent think people are making country names up

What the gently caress, this world never ceases to amaze me

I'm definitely better than 99% of this retarded world, name me leader please and I'll unfuck all this

*People say no, elect Donald Trump again*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

oh good heavens herman cain is a bigshot border guard now

hermain cain: johto journeys

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

My dad has the political brain of Donald Trump and the alcoholic complexion of Steve Bannon. The more I read poo poo like this, the more I realize how much my pops and the Trump admin have in common.

My old man comes home every day, cracks a tallboy and listens to Rush Limbaugh or watches The Five on Fox. It's atrocious. I went back home for the holidays and it was wall-to-wall Fox News.

But this tweet reminds me of possibly the most annoying personality quirk of the modern conservative:

Claiming to be happy and excited, when in reality they're just as scared and stupid

Also claiming/bemoaning that liberals are so miserable, despite spending the last 8 years acting like the world was in ruins.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Knight posted:

Pretty sure hospitals will bill you whatever your insurance does not pay compared to their inflated rates and you just pay that difference until your deductible is met

You lose money. If you didn't have the hsa that money would be paid to you in wages and the hospital would not charge it to the insurance

So it's just a scam for hospitals and providers to get more money

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!

tacodaemon posted:

lol he decided to send this one again on his ~official account~

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/839132604444131330
Cool, I had some concerns before this tweet

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i guess its now or never to print liberland passports???

need a 3d printer tho

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

weird how you're only allowed to have a taxfree HSA coupled with a super high deductible insurance plan

I kr

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!

Yinlock posted:

hermain cain: johto journeys
:eyepop:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

orange sky posted:

How the gently caress does a border agent think people are making country names up

What the gently caress, this world never ceases to amaze me

I'm definitely better than 99% of this retarded world, name me leader please and I'll unfuck all this

*People say no, elect Donald Trump again*

reminds me of those TSA people who are always trying to stop people with DC driver's licenses from getting on planes because they don't know what a "district of columbia" is (or they think the person is from colombia and needs a passport)

i of course have a DC driver's license and need to remember never to travel by air again

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Knight posted:

HSAs are loving garbage

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it's a whole new world, with a brand new attitude

but he still has to catch them all

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That said hsas are pretty cool for poo poo that's not covered by insurance like copays

You pay the copay out of the hsa and you I guess save money. Of course copays are stupid poo poo garbage to begin with

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

hey, trump said knock it off

https://twitter.com/ABC7NY/status/839138288623632385

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

lol friend of mine on FB

'im all in support of women but why cant they strike on saturday'

the older i get the stupider everyone else gets

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/839137850000031746

When will these liberals stop trying to get attention. You lost, get over it, leftists.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No no
They caught the guy already

This story is over

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/839032909877100544

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I am a relatively healthy person and I still don't want an HSA because they're loving poo poo. There's no point in contributing to them at when I could just save that money in a normal account and not be restricted in how I can use it.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

I am a relatively healthy person and I still don't want an HSA because they're loving poo poo. There's no point in contributing to them at when I could just save that money in a normal account and not be restricted in how I can use it.

you'd buy six iphones and die in a gutter. sad.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

That said hsas are pretty cool for poo poo that's not covered by insurance like copays

You pay the copay out of the hsa and you I guess save money. Of course copays are stupid poo poo garbage to begin with

I unfortunately have one and non-generics aren't covered in any way and in a few rare cases we're stuck with them and they cost a couple hundred dollars. oops

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

triple sulk posted:

Insurance companies need that money more than you do, tho

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Yinlock posted:

i mean i don't go looking for snippets of white supremacist conversation online so i probably wouldn't know

my movie is a comedy hahaha foreigners are terrified

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

Well if it's a Cafeteria Plan they employer just puts the money straight into the account and you are never taxed on it which is a huge boon in theory

If you are putting after tax dollars in yeah that is dumb at

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Yo, anytime you hear the words "choice" and "freedom" being advertised for some healthcare poo poo, know you're getting reamed in the rear end, lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i think the best solution is to make healthcare free for everyone and tax the rich an extra percent or two to pay for it

vote me for president, im not legally able to but hell that didn't stop donald trump

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/RonBrownstein/status/838816889442713600

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

it's this morning's Teen Vogue Woke List! the stories of the day:

Trump's New Muslim Ban is Based on a 'Meaningless’ Statistic, Former FBI Agent Says

Schools are closing because of the Day Without a Woman strike

President Trump is using two FBI sting operations to justify his new travel ban

The Supreme Court ruled prying into jury deliberations is OK if racism is suspected

The U.S. dispatched a missile defense system to South Korea after North Korean missile tests

A Trump hotel may have been involved in a money-laundering front for the Iranian Revolutionary Guard

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/839116448308080640

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

euphronius posted:

No no
They caught the guy already

This story is over

Do you guys seriously mean to tell me that all prejudice against and hatred of the Jewish people in America was not the sole work of one crazy guy on Twitter trying to gently caress things up for his ex-girlfriend? :eyepop: :wth: #wow #whoa

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if voted i will release all prisoners from gitmo and send baloogan there

not as a prisoner, just let him live there in the abandoned building. he'd probably dig it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
this new wikileaks garbage is ruining my morning, too many redhats in my immediate vicinity getting excited and talking about how much the libs are going to be owned by these revelations

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Yinlock posted:

i think the best solution is to make healthcare free for everyone and tax the rich an extra percent or two to pay for it

wow what a racist thing to say

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Truga posted:

ayyy lmao

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

triple sulk posted:

but tax deferments!!!1

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

if voted i will release all prisoners from gitmo and send baloogan there

not as a prisoner, just let him live there in the abandoned building. he'd probably dig it.

id love to have a fortress and the weather is much nicer because lol we got like a foot and a half of snow last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Personal Responsibility!

• Locked thread