Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yeah Lillie has actual good taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Futaba Anzu posted:

Suiren has had more of a romantic thing with ash this season than lillie

Who the gently caress is that?

EDIT: You called Lana by her japanese name but still called Satoshi Ash. Weird selective weeabooism there.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

zaepg posted:

I really hate people who cheat their game, for the reason that I've managed to find about three shinys since GSC, and have always had the pride of showing them off. I played an online match the other day and all the dude's pokemon we're shinies...throws out a shiny Alakazam, Lucario, and Totem Pokemon like it's nothing. I mean, hey, I like being proud of my rare finds, but to each their own.

You know that having more than three shinies does not necessarily mean they were genned right? I've got a full team of level 100 Beast Ball shinies, each of them 100% legit. Just because someone spends more time on the game than you doesn't make them "cheaters".

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Rangpur posted:

I hatched a shiny Inkay the other day. I need to get it to level 100 in a game where grinding is a huge pain in the rear end in order to make it competitive, but at least it had the right ability. The main reason the battle spot is driving me crazy is that I need a 50-win streak to get an Ability Capsule for my Limber shiny Toxapex.

Kinda late for this, but why not just buy an ability capsule at the battle royal dome for 100 BP?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

zaepg posted:

I really hate people who cheat their game, for the reason that I've managed to find about three shinys since GSC, and have always had the pride of showing them off. I played an online match the other day and all the dude's pokemon we're shinies...throws out a shiny Alakazam, Lucario, and Totem Pokemon like it's nothing. I mean, hey, I like being proud of my rare finds, but to each their own.

Wait, you can put Totem Pokemon on your team?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

the_steve posted:

Wait, you can put Totem Pokemon on your team?
I think they mean a Tapu.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Paul.Power posted:

I think they mean a Tapu.

If that's the case, it absolutely is hacked - the Tapu encounters a rigged to not be shiny.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Flagrama posted:

Kinda late for this, but why not just buy an ability capsule at the battle royal dome for 100 BP?
I honestly wasn't aware they sold them. Hell, I even bought the EV power items and TMs there. My eyes must have glazed right over it on the shop screen. Good to know though, thank you.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Once again, the Pokemon Center acknowledges your birthday and your mother doesn't. This always makes me chuckle.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Just like real life

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Flagrama posted:

Because you can't use the ability capsule to access hidden abilities, and that's the only really good one for Mareanie/Toxapex.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Ogmius815 posted:

In Y I got pokerus from a wild Pokemon during the storyline. Sometimes wildly improbable things happen.

I caught the 'rus on Route 1 of Sun. :hellyeah:
I've been trying to spread it every time a friend of mine asked for something bred out of my living pokedex. Share the wealth :shobon:

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I caught two shiny Ditto in a row while SOS chaining for a 4 IV breeding stud!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Dienes posted:

Because you can't use the ability capsule to access hidden abilities, and that's the only really good one for Mareanie/Toxapex.
I mean, granted, but it's not about making the ideal build in this case. It's squeezing the maximum utility out of a Pokemon who otherwise wouldn't have much to do besides look pretty in the PC Box.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dienes posted:

He already knows that but is still trying to get an ability capsule. 100BP is way easier to get than a 50-win streak.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

yeah, basically

tbh it sometimes feels like 90% of the way I play pokemon is related to saltiness over gen iv

#stillangryaboutshiniesinthesafarizone

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

New Mega Stones available!

Are there goons still willing to clone and distribute them for those who didn't participate?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

When does the current global mission end? I need to make sure I go earn 3 BP so I can collect that sweet FC reward.

e: Found it on the global link site, it ends on March 13th.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 7, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I think I made some kid's day last night, I was trading out a bunch of adamant Jangmoo-o's that were rejects from my breeding program and got a bunch of route 1 mon's in return.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

The Golden Gael posted:

New Mega Stones available!

Are there goons still willing to clone and distribute them for those who didn't participate?

So how do we get them? I'm having difficulty figuring it out.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Despite having a full living pokedex in Bank, I was up until 2am emptying out my boxes in Diamond and Heart Gold. I think I have a problem...

None of these are organized! :v:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PSWII60 posted:

So how do we get them? I'm having difficulty figuring it out.

I wasn't able to find them myself. I dug everywhere on the website, but here's a link:

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/present/5263f699-dfcc-4ba9-a0a9-a0a4da05869b

For folks who didn't get to do the competition but want the Megastones, pop into the Discord channel linked in the OP! There are several people there who said they would dupe them for folks, myself included.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Some Festival Plaza thoughts.
1. I have Sinnoh Tent 5* now, if anyone cares about the tents.
2. Is there any goddamn logic to the "Do you know how I feel? Take me to a place I'll like" assholes?
3. I just saw somebody with Festival Plaza rank 320. How the poo poo. Does he/she just play this poo poo 24/7 or what.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Diet Poison posted:

2. Is there any goddamn logic to the "Do you know how I feel? Take me to a place I'll like" assholes?
"A place I'll like" is any social thing, so your Sinnoh Tent basically

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nth Doctor posted:

None of these are organized! :v:

How is there not an auto sortttt

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Diet Poison posted:

3. I just saw somebody with Festival Plaza rank 320. How the poo poo. Does he/she just play this poo poo 24/7 or what.

Jesus! I thought it had a Max rank of 100. Guess I'm not going to bother farming it much more unless I need the FC.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Rare Kitchens are an enormous point sink, but a godsend if you're attempting to hypertrain something. I don't know what else I'd spend points on at this point now that I have a look that I'm happy with.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My first foray into Battle Tree Singles ended on battle 6 thanks to an Aerodactyl that decided to dodge all my attacks and sweep my team with 100% flinching Rock Slides. Good to see the RNG bullshit is alive and well in Gen 7.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

PSWII60 posted:

Jesus! I thought it had a Max rank of 100. Guess I'm not going to bother farming it much more unless I need the FC.

The max rank that anything "unusual" happens is level 100, you get a special phrase to greet people with instead of a new stall. After that point it's just a level up and a new stall every so often at fixed point intervals, ad infinitum.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I gave up due to some bs goodra dodging everything. :D

Any idea how it did that? Wonder if this stuff would work in battlespot.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

I gave up due to some bs goodra dodging everything. :D

Any idea how it did that? Wonder if this stuff would work in battlespot.

It holds Lax Incense.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The White Dragon posted:

"A place I'll like" is any social thing, so your Sinnoh Tent basically

That doesn't sound right. I've sent multiple people to, for example, my Team Red stall and not all of them liked it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

AlternateNu posted:

That doesn't sound right. I've sent multiple people to, for example, my Team Red stall and not all of them liked it.

I've sent people to my dye shop and it doesn't count for me, either. Those seem to fall under the same category as Ball Shop or General Store.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The correct response to "Take me to a place you think I'll like" is chosen at random for each guest that says it, and you just have to get lucky with the type of stall they want.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I hadn't played a Pokemon game since Platinum so I figured I'd try and get back into the series with SuMo, and I decided to make it a Nuzlocke playthrough for extra funsies.

It's pretty fun so far. I like having to actually pay attention to things like typing and whether something is special- or physical-oriented, and having my Pokemon choice limited helps with my wishy washy nature of being unable to decide what Pokemon to use. I've had two deaths so far, one due to poor luck (Rattata that knew Pursuit with my Ghastly named Danny, RIP) and one because I never expected a loving Zubat of all things to be a threat: Gladeon's, in your first encounter with him (Garfield, you shall be missed). Comparatively Type:Null has a complete non-issue thanks to my Mudbray.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Okay, I hate to be that guy but where the heck is the link to claim the mega stones from the Feb. 2017 competition? Seriously, I've been poring over the pokemon global link website, and it clearly has me registered (with sterling performance rank of 74,000 out of 110,000 participants) but I can't find the code or what have you anywhere.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's always a pain to find the link. Someone in here posted it though in the last page or two. Just log in first and then paste the link.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FishBulb posted:

It's always a pain to find the link. Someone in here posted it though in the last page or two. Just log in first and then paste the link.

The Global Link is a terrible website that's was designed by a madman. It doesn't help it takes so long to load anything on it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mawilite and Beedrillite code link was already posted on this page. Log into PGL first then click on this link.

Silver Falcon posted:

I wasn't able to find them myself. I dug everywhere on the website, but here's a link:

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/present/5263f699-dfcc-4ba9-a0a9-a0a4da05869b

For folks who didn't get to do the competition but want the Megastones, pop into the Discord channel linked in the OP! There are several people there who said they would dupe them for folks, myself included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Got it, but thanks. Good Lord that's a terrible website. You'd think it would be easy to set up at least a notification system or something.