Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If not removing fighting other humans at least make it more exciting and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Harrow posted:

I'm excited to see what they can do with a sequel to Horizon. It's already a pretty amazing game, but now they have an engine to work with and the basic ideas all in place so they can grow it from here.

I think the only logical place to go is having Aloy learn the power of friendship through a permanent Watcher companion that communicates in cute clicks & whistles and performs super cool combo attacks.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I think the only logical place to go is having Aloy learn the power of friendship through a permanent Thunderjaw companion that communicates in cute clicks & whistles and performs super cool combo attacks.

Much better.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It'd be cool if you could ride Thunderjaws Dino-Riders style but in order for a robot to be relateable in a sympathetic way it must be chibi (small) and kawaii (cute).

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I think the only logical place to go is having Aloy learn the power of friendship through a permanent Watcher companion that communicates in cute clicks & whistles and performs super cool combo attacks.

10/10 would preorder

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Make it so you can ride all the machines. I wanna ride a Stormbird

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Seriously though I would love to be able to give orders to overridden robots. If it's not ridable all it will do is not attack you and kiting them around is hard. Unless there's something that unlocks later.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The only thing that Far Cry Primal has on this game is that it has more animals to ride, and you can feed them and pet them

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Seriously though I would love to be able to give orders to overridden robots. If it's not ridable all it will do is not attack you and kiting them around is hard. Unless there's something that unlocks later.

Yeah, a lot of times I override a watcher on the permeter, and it never does anything. Just hangs out there. Thanks, I guess.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

free basket of chips posted:

Can someone link me to the Android games thread. I'm on mobile and can't search

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711191

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In lieu of pretending to get sick to play Switch games, I went and actually got sick. Well, poo poo.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Phantasium posted:

In lieu of pretending to get sick to play Switch games, I went and actually got sick. Well, poo poo.

For the monkey paw wish to be complete, you have to be too sick to actually enjoy playing games. This happened to me last October.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Phantasium posted:

Get well soon!

I played through a.couple of Atelier games while laid up after throwing my back out last month. Could only play short bits at a time because it was hard to concentrate and even harder to find a reasonably comfy position.

So far of the Ateliers I've like Rorona Plus the best for gameplay and Eschatology for the character interactions. Haven't completed it yet though.

Is anyone else using the PS Now service?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I said come in! posted:

At least Horizon is starting off amazing. Killzone at no point in time was ever good.

The portable versions of the games were good. KZ: Liberation was a solid tactical overhead shooter. KZ:Mercenary was a solid portable FPS. I played KZ 1-3 and they were pretty standard FPS games. Nothing extremely amazing except maybe multiplayer for 2 and 3 because there wasn't any online sci fi shootmans at the time. At least on PS3. And they might as well been regular military shooters because there wasn't anything really out there in terms of sci fi weaponry.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
All of my cats at this time are indoor cats and I'm never gonna let them be outdoor cats.

There are things you can't unsee in life. Witnessing several of your own cats die solely because they existed outside at the wrong time or the wrong place is one of them. Seeing an entire family of cats die in horrifying ways that wouldn't have happened had they been indoor cats. Coming home from Ryan's on a stormy night to find my neighbor had done us a favor and shot that weird looking possum that was on our front porch eating our cat's dry food, the weird white fuzzy possum that looked like a cat. Hearing a kitten crying while inside of the water main opening beneath the trailer we lived in, then hearing him suddenly quiet up just as my father finally manages to fish him out, showing that he had a snake bite. Waiting for the bus along with my cousin, seeing one of our kittens playing out in the road. I ask, "Hey, should I get him out of the road?" "Nah, he's fine," she says. I'm 3 or 4 and I trust what she says since she's 14 or so. Then a car comes along and the kitten runs head first into the car's tire, scrambling his brains. I watch him seize out and die. I could have prevented it.

Even knowing all of that, my mom continued to let cats be outdoor animals, resulting in one winter night over a decade later when my stepdad and I had to go out into the woods with a ladder because we could hear our cat crying in the cold because he had gotten stuck in a tree branch.

Never again. Indoor cats only. We give them enough things to play with. They'll live without the outdoors. Literally.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

:smith:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God drat

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hug yer cats yall

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

:yikes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Uhh FAK take your pills, my friend.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
A Zelda game is one of the least linear and handhold-y games on the market.

A Bomberman game by Konami is on the top ten sales charts.

A Yoko Taro game is one of the best reviewed games of the year.

Everyone is civil on this forum and telling each other touching stories about cats.

:psyduck:

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's my hope that they instead join hands with Kojima and help out even more as he gets the ball rolling on Death Stranding. bodes well for his game that Horizon looks and performs so well since he's using a chunk of their own engine.

Kojima Production's staff was listed in the special thanks sections of the Horizon credits. The new KojiPro poached a lot of the MGS staff from Konami. A lot of them were engineers and programmers who worked on the Fox Engine. They seem to be collaborating on the Decima engine with Guerrilla for Horizon and Death Stranding.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm getting annoyed by Zelda continually deciding it wants to rain at the exact time I want to start climbing something.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Real hurthling! posted:

i beat another dungeon in zelda. i'm starting to worry about the amount of uniquely themed dungeon content in the game. they have all been cool but really short and easy. the approach to the dungeon was like 3-4 times longer than the dungeon itself.

Ya know, I've been thinking the same thing. The dungeon content seems pretty thin and the shrines range from "mind-numbingly easy" to "just barely brain-tickling" but I think it's ok. It reminds me of when Majora's Mask came out and people were saying "there's only four dungeons?! That's like half as many as Ocarina, this game sucks!"

Nintendo has never been afraid to experiment with Zelda and the measure of ingredients they put into the pot, so to speak. If dungeons being reeled way back on are what it costs to have a more fully realized and beautiful Hyrule than we've ever had before, I'm totally ok with that. There will be more dungeons and more Zelda games, I just want them to keep experimenting and not be afraid to push the series in different directions.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm getting annoyed by Zelda continually deciding it wants to rain at the exact time I want to start climbing something.

There's a weather forecaster at the bottom

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Fine Nier, I will play you on the normal difficulty
-me after spending the last hour in the opening stage

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

breath of the wild actually has zero dungeons

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ethanol posted:

There's a weather forecaster at the bottom

So? If I'm climbing something and it's gonna start raining there's still nothing I can do about it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Uhh FAK take your pills, my friend.

Was I too late to the cat discussion??

sorry. I haven't been well lately even with the meds. The cat discussion just struck a chord with me is all, sorry.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

So? If I'm climbing something and it's gonna start raining there's still nothing I can do about it.

You can go to a campfire and wait until clear weather

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

so, uh

how 'bout them video games

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
video games are really good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

assassins creed syndicate is actually not a bad game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Any of you ever play Hive before?

Either the video game version or tabletop version, doesn't matter which.

Was it fun?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I was gifted two games yesterday, I'd be happy to play either, so I need an outside force to pick which one I play

Should I play Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D or Final Fantasy XV?

I've never gone past the Goron section of MM and I haven't played a new FF since X on PS2.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

fridge corn posted:

assassins creed syndicate is actually not a bad game

It's kinda bland, IMO. Call me nuts but I actually liked Unity more. :ohdear:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God damnit, Nier 2 is already amazing as well as horribly depressing. Glad I turned it down to normal though because I was not beating that opening level especially with only one life and having to start from the very beginning every time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Franchescanado posted:

I was gifted two games yesterday, I'd be happy to play either, so I need an outside force to pick which one I play

I've never gone past the Goron section of MM and I haven't played a new FF since X on PS2.

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda so it's almost certainly better than FFXV.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Play Majora's Mask and then see the form done to perfection in the immortal Lightning Returns.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

Final fantasy XV is insanely bad, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sunning posted:

Everyone is civil on this forum and telling each other touching stories about cats.

:psyduck:

Games is getting better and I am glad for it.

• Locked thread