Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Olivil posted:

This is not me defending Nintendo as I don't have a switch yet, but can't you touch feel them?

They are pretty tiny, and indented, so while I can touch feel them I still am not sure and have to get a visual. Maybe if they were outcrops instead of indentations.

But painting the symbol is such an easy mod I can do it with my kids art supplies probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It doesn't make sense to not include a pack-in game. Although to think about it, do any consoles come with pack-ins nowadays? Or even in the not-too-recent past?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xbox+one

Odd enough; the PS4 pro doesn't seem like it comes with a pack-in.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

We are truly descended from apes.

(Replace the monolith with the Switch)

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

ratbert90 posted:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xbox+one

Odd enough; the PS4 pro doesn't seem like it comes with a pack-in.

All the pack-ins now are bundles with games that were already out or were coming out when the bundle released. Neither Xbox One nor PS4 had a pack-in at launch. The last console to have a pack-in game was uh, I guess the Wii U 32GB with Nintendoland, though that only sort of counts since the Wii U was available without it. So other than that, the Wii was the last one with Wii Sports.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It's cool that the Switch gets silly coverage like this, for some reason this dumb toy launch makes me care about stuff like that

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Anyone have any experience with these screen protectors?

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Protector-amFilm-Tempered/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_2_dp

The news about scratching switches from the dock makes me want a glass screen protector but the news about screen protectors causing a bunch of heat makes me pause.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
The dumb marketing campaign seems to have worked, I bet we'll read about rooftop parties when Spla2n and MK8 launches

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
When's Arms?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Amazon has Neon Switch in stock and the particular seller has them 10% off for $269.99? Really weird, 2 units left in stock. I wonder if I could contact Amazon since it is less than a week and see if they will give me 10% in credit back.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Play...P7WWVH0F4FTQYRH

At my most cynical I'd wonder if the charger port was placed on the bottom of the switch specifically so you can't charge while playing in table top mode unless you buy this $35 piece of plastic that Nintendo is conveniently getting license fees from.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Stan Taylor posted:

When's Arms?

Spring (:v:)

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

parallelodad posted:

They should have painted the + and - symbols on the straps to make them more visible. As it is if you aren't in a brightly lit room it is difficult to tell which end is which.

Yeah I didn't even notice they were marked until after I put mine one wrong and had a REALLY HARD TIME getting it off.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MR63I6F/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

I bought this because it seemed small and basic. I needed something to throw in my work bag but not junk up the rest of my stuff.
It'll be here soon. I'll report back.

Can you comfortably put a usb cord and some games in it? I'll probably go with this one since the official one seems to be sold out everywhere.

I bought a pro controller but I'll probably sell it on eBay or return it since I don't really have a need for one yet and snapping the joy cons in and out is half the fun. I'll wait until games that pretty much require a dpad come out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can you comfortably put a usb cord and some games in it? I'll probably go with this one since the official one seems to be sold out everywhere.

I bought a pro controller but I'll probably sell it on eBay or return it since I don't really have a need for one yet and snapping the joy cons in and out is half the fun. I'll wait until games that pretty much require a dpad come out.

Ehhh, it seems like it is just for the main unit. You'd be tossing it in a backpack or something right? Like you wouldn't just be carrying around that case by itself?

I went for it since I won't be going mobile without my work bag and almost all my non-Zelda games will be digital.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Ugh.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm going to see a friend way across town tomorrow which means 3 hours on the train that I will be enjoying playing Zelda. And seeing how much the battery takes/how good my 5Kwh 5v/2.4w charger does with this.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Nephzinho posted:

Handheld mode makes playing Zelda during lunch easy. Oh god I still have so many parts of the map to explore.

I just got done playing it on my lunch break as well, first time I took it to work. I spent 30 mins just hunting animals, climbing trees and cooking. I love this game/system so much.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

FireMrshlBill posted:

Amazon has Neon Switch in stock and the particular seller has them 10% off for $269.99? Really weird, 2 units left in stock. I wonder if I could contact Amazon since it is less than a week and see if they will give me 10% in credit back.

Saw this, smacks of a scam of some sort.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
it's listed on there but you can't actually buy it because it says it's not in stock

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I just got done playing it on my lunch break as well, first time I took it to work. I spent 30 mins just hunting animals, climbing trees and cooking. I love this game/system so much.

I busted my Switch out during lunch 30 minutes ago. I had my JoyCons and my Pro controller.

My coworkers and I just had a mini-tournament in Fast RMX. Everyone was amazed and it's crazy how well this game runs in split screen table-top mode.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

Ehhh, it seems like it is just for the main unit. You'd be tossing it in a backpack or something right? Like you wouldn't just be carrying around that case by itself?

I went for it since I won't be going mobile without my work bag and almost all my non-Zelda games will be digital.

Yeah. I don't mind just throwing the cable in something else since if I was taking it somewhere where I'd play handheld for more than 3 hours, I'd probably have another bag anyway. I'll go with this one. Hori is quality.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

I'm going to see a friend way across town tomorrow which means 3 hours on the train that I will be enjoying playing Zelda. And seeing how much the battery takes/how good my 5Kwh 5v/2.4w charger does with this.

I got this power bank https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01422TC14/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with this cable https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S8GU2OC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and while playing the charge percentage stays about the same, if that helps give an indication of what you can expect

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Play...P7WWVH0F4FTQYRH

At my most cynical I'd wonder if the charger port was placed on the bottom of the switch specifically so you can't charge while playing in table top mode unless you buy this $35 piece of plastic that Nintendo is conveniently getting license fees from.

99% sure the charge port is on the bottom because thats the best way to plug a docked item in.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
ffffffuuuuuu.

I want a Switch but now the internet is telling me that Switches are broken as fuuuuuck. Not being able to put your save data onto the memory card sounds dumb.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BambooEarpick posted:

ffffffuuuuuu.

I want a Switch but now the internet is telling me that Switches are broken as fuuuuuck. Not being able to put your save data onto the memory card sounds dumb.

Maybe just live a little?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

BambooEarpick posted:

ffffffuuuuuu.

They arent

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Cerepol posted:

99% sure the charge port is on the bottom because thats the best way to plug a docked item in.

Yeah the only other solutions I could think of is making joycons dock both ways which would be a reliability nightmare and also having the headphone port on both sides of the console, or on a joycon.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

BambooEarpick posted:

ffffffuuuuuu.

You can't play Mario on it yet either how stupid ugh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is needing to move your save file especially common?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

parallelodad posted:

I guess you've never had a video game system break ever?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

parallelodad posted:

The major issue is if your device breaks and you get a new one you lose your saves

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
They should just enable cloud storage for save game uploads with the paid online subscription like what PS+ does. It just saved my FF15 saves last week when it crashed during a battle and corrupted my save files.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What the Switch really needs is ~*the cloud*~ for game saves

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I just got the Hori Tough Pouch from Amazon. It's pretty nice, a step up in rigidity from a neoprene sleeve.

It's off gassing like a motherfucker, though. It also isn't anywhere near zero clearance, so I might pad it out a little bit over the Joycons.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

BambooEarpick posted:

ffffffuuuuuu.

Guess what? We live in an age where information is gathered, amassed and sent out to the masses at lightning speed with flawed data. Failures are going to happen, the chance you will have one is low as gently caress.

The save data thing is dumb but I will hope that will change in future updates or when their online service is up and fully running later this year.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

FireMrshlBill posted:

They should just enable cloud storage for save game uploads with the paid online subscription like what PS+ does. It just saved my FF15 saves last week when it crashed during a battle and corrupted my save files.

They said they will have other options soon, it just wasn't available at launch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

big mean giraffe posted:

Honestly I haven't. Someone stole my 360 once but I never replaced it.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Seaniqua posted:

Anyone have any experience with these screen protectors?

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Protector-amFilm-Tempered/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_mrai_2_dp

The news about scratching switches from the dock makes me want a glass screen protector but the news about screen protectors causing a bunch of heat makes me pause.

If that's really all you're worried about you can save some money and just put a piece of paper or some tape on the dock rails to make sure the screen isn't rubbing against any hard plastic when its docked.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

big mean giraffe posted:

My N64's reset switch got a little dodgy after like 10 years, does that count? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh, dumb question time. I'm going overseas in a few weeks. I bought an Anker PowerCore+ 13400 last year and it's been moderately useful.

I take it that I can just use the USB A-C cable that came with the Pro Controller and just go ham if I don't want to unpack my charger?

• Locked thread