Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

personally I am tired of hateful destructive fucks being in charge of everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mormonpartyboat posted:

trump has ascended

he's no longer bound by such fettles as 'objective reality'

You've been playing torment don't try to hide it

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Obamacare lite is getting a lot of hate from the far-righties. It's almost as if Healthcare is hard!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

kopasetic posted:

Discussing this healthcare bill with my med school classmates has been thoroughly depressing. Only like a quarter of them care at all if poor people die in the streets. As long as doctor salary doesn't go down or taxes go up, most of them couldn't give a poo poo. I'm gonna be rich some day and I don't want the poors taking my eventual hard earned salary!!

doctors are, in general, bad

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

agent_wildflower posted:

So correct me if I'm wrong here:

Don't red states soak up more federal money than blue states? And now Medicaid will be giving states a set number based on population for health care. Doesn't that mean red states will be disproportionately hurt by this bill?

TRUMP

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hey kid youre gonna die, but the good new is it wont cost me a dime! ha-cha-cha-cha! *softshoes offstage*

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Tom Price is an actual monster off a person

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

god drat im enjoying the schadenfreude

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

tinstaach posted:

what the poo poo?

"can you say that this won't result in millions of people losing access to health insurance?"

"I can say it won't increase the federal budget."

, he says while twisting off the head of a poor child and greedily drinking his fluids

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

magiccarpet posted:

Are there any websites set up that track ICE movements?

This is a fantastic idea for an app, so long as you also like visits from the government.

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

gonna be a fun summer

https://twitter.com/APCentralRegion/status/839183714546552833

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"I want to focus on the patients!"

*tells story about employer bitching that he had to give healthcare to his workers*

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

:qq: HOW CAN I HAVE MY BUSINESS AND GIVE THEM HEALTHCARE :qq:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

tyrannoSoros wrecked my EdBalloSoros

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
17-3=15, got it

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

zegermans posted:

*drives C7 Stingray to work*

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

So TV tropes was a Cia front all along I guess

Also it's hilarious how good putin is at propaganda, got all the so called liberals mad at the cia again lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol that any dem is gonna help w/this

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Wikileaks is a Russian asset which is leaking information on US intelligence agencies fundamentally comprising privacy rights of US citizens because it's in Russia's geopolitical interest for US citizens to know this

Said US intelligence agencies are also trying to check the powers of the single most dangerous and stupid person to hold the office of the presidency in a long long time

Russia also thinks said POTUS can be controlled as a Manchurian candidate

:psyduck:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

It's not police brutality if you're following official regs!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
PURCHASING HEALTH CARE ACROSS STATE LINES IS LITERALLY A RACE TO THE BOTTOM, gently caress YOU TOM PRICE

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

I get a surprising amount of poo poo for liking cherry Starbursts. The way I see it, the people who like the goddamn lemon ones are as weird if not weirder.

youre looking at it the wrong way. starbursts are like resident evil herbs, only one is good by itself but if you mix the right colors you open up new options

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I can normally laugh off the daily flow of bullshit from the WH but this is actually making me angry

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tinstaach posted:

what the poo poo?

"can you say that this won't result in millions of people losing access to health insurance?"

"I can say it won't increase the federal budget."

price loves those kinds of non-responses

like during his confirmation hearing when he was asked if it's true that "President Trump said he is working with you on a replacement plan for the ACA, which is nearly finished and will be revealed after your confirmation" and he replied "It’s true that he said that, yes"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This is basically as useful to listen and as knowledgeable as that lady talking about bartering healthcare with a chicken.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

protip dont drop, also break, a glass down yr garbage disposal

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"I want to focus on the patients!"

*tells story about employer bitching that he had to give healthcare to his workers*

Employers are patients too!!!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

youre looking at it the wrong way. starbursts are like resident evil herbs, only one is good by itself but if you mix the right colors you open up new options

also if you see a big bucket full of the blue ones you know the next room is going to be full of giant spiders

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Typo posted:

Wikileaks is a Russian asset which is leaking information on US intelligence agencies fundamentally comprising privacy rights of US citizens because it's in Russia's geopolitical interest for US citizens to know this

Said US intelligence agencies are also trying to check the powers of the single most dangerous and stupid person to hold the office of the presidency in a long long time

Russia also thinks said POTUS can be controlled as a Manchurian candidate

:psyduck:

isn't the future awesome?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

PURCHASING HEALTH CARE ACROSS STATE LINES IS LITERALLY A RACE TO THE BOTTOM, gently caress YOU TOM PRICE

i posted about it in the last thread but its just gonna lead to collusion and the ins companies will jsut raise prices on the 100k+ crowds who can suck it up and pay for it, ignore all the poor people because the wealthier people will make up the difference, and then walmart and/or amazon will come in w/an insurance arm

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

GobiasIndustries posted:

it also just doesn't work because of how we do things.

there are states that allow out of state bidding. no one does it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Price came to the wrong conclusion about it being wrong for employers to provide healthcare

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

couldnt find my needlenose pliers so I just spent like a fuckin eternity hunched over the sink w a flashlight and chopsticks and it was real bad

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Strange way of writing "updated policy to reflect reality"

lizardman
Jun 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

So TV tropes was a Cia front all along I guess

Also it's hilarious how good putin is at propaganda, got all the so called liberals mad at the cia again lmao

It's just a little too easy for me to picture Trump being behind this simply as petty payback. "Oh, you wanna leak my poo poo? Well, I'm gonna leak YOUR poo poo how do ya like THAT?"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

trump

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Squizzle posted:

protip dont drop, also break, a glass down yr garbage disposal

lol just lol if you haven't forogone on glass poo poo and switched to corelle

GET WITH THE TIEMS GRAMPS

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

"We don't want to violate anyones conscience"

I read this as 'we want to no longer cover vaccination programs and not make them compulsory'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

zegermans posted:

that was literally what some lady did at a bernie forum or whatever. turns out she bought a loving lakehouse instead of giving anyone under her employment health insurance

• Locked thread