Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Wow. It looks like the top half and bottom halves of their faces are animated seperately while talking. No expressions appeared to cross an invisible line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm the complete lack of any texture mesh on male Ryder's hairline.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
back in the exploration video, why is the icon for unfreezing merchants a Krogan

the only thing Krogan should be selling is DEATH :black101:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

hey im a male 25-34, thanks google

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

CharlestonJew posted:

back in the exploration video, why is the icon for unfreezing merchants a Krogan

Someone has to sell thermal clips and grenades? That's basically a Merchant of Death.

Now I want a GiF of that exploding mountain demonstration in Iron Man 1 but with a krogan instead of Robert Downey Jr.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
The intro to Lord of War, but it's a krogan kid that gets shot.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

CharlestonJew posted:

Wouldn't they give DEATH away for free or at least at a massive discount?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Mymla posted:

All around me are sad krogan faces, genophages, dying races
Spending half a thousand years in stasis, going nowhere, going nowhere

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Mymla posted:

and then shrugs it off because even krogan kids are probably absurdly hardy

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
can u give ryder a receding hjairline? i think this would really help humanise him and complement his dad issues when he stares at his father s full mane of lush gry hair

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Spikeguy posted:

I believe that Krogan may have been female if the voice is any indication.

hexal posted:

Unless you are a YouTube commenter and have never heard the voice of a woman before.

It sounded like a male lisp to me. I got a distinct Tim Gunn vibe. (My wife watches Project Runway.)

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
kroguns make it work

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

It sounded like a male lisp to me. I got a distinct Tim Gunn vibe. (My wife watches Project Runway.)

He misheard the job description and thought he was signing up for an expedition to Andre's madras.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

He misheard the job description and thought he was signing up for an expedition to Andre's madras.

That's probably what it is

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there anyway I can make a custom ME2 save online and port it to XBone for ME3? I just finished a 2 run but would rather do a fem Shep for 3 and not use the no import version.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

exquisite tea posted:

:smith:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

exquisite tea posted:

:golfclap:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Bust Rodd posted:

I understand people play games for a myriad of reasons but it will never not be kinda sad/weird to me that people care so much about relationships and sexual representation in these games. I run Adept in every game and usually only do sex stuff on my first playthrough because it ranges from weird (Tali) to straight up skeezy/uncomfortable. I'm still reeling from the Jack storyline like 4-5 years later, how that made it into the final game is beyond me...

So i guess what I'm saying is if i ever meet a space wizard and he is all about being super into Garrus and banging all the dudes on the ship, I'll give that dude a free pass because for him space wizard poo poo is old hat and it gets lonely out there in his floating asteroid tower.

I also believe that we're kind of approaching an event horizon where any game in the future that dares to have relationships will and must always allow every permutation. I don't think there is anything wrong with same-sex relationships whatsoever, in game or IRL, but agreeing with what other characters have said, making every character neutral/bisexual just kind of robs them of a sense of realism. Like imagine if they released a female character that was only into women, the internet would explode!

What I'd really like to see the most though is if they made it so the characters had physical/personal characteristics that flagged them, like for example what if Miranda only wants to bone you if you are a black dude or if you have red hair... or like Garrus would only wanna bang you if you were a Paragon or Jack would only want to bang you if you were an Adept... These kinds of flags would signal real attraction and interest based on personality traits and i think motivate players who want the sex scenes to play the game in different ways, instead of what we have now which is this creep harem anime where everyone is just patiently waiting to get hosed by their commanding officer.

Again, these mechanics have little bearing on my enjoyment of the game, but if they were written more realistically I'd be way, way more willing to engage in them.They just universally come across as what I think of when i think of shut-in losers bitching about the friendzone and incels and poo poo, like, has anyone at bioware ever gotten laid?... oh man i just made myself sad lol

Agreed, also I wanna gently caress da aliens

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/bioware/status/839213341159665665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don't wanna infer too too much from a single screenshot but I wonder if weapons are bound to specific classes in MP now?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The impression I get is that you don't get to do load out customization at the demo. Instead you get to pick one of those two presets.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Krogan... engineer? Hmph. Never saw one worthy of the term.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Weapon load out chosen for maximum variety for the Demo

Asari has two shotguns

gently caress yeah

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Krogan... engineer? Hmph. Never saw one worthy of the term.

much like their scientists, they likely focus more on demolition than construction

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Poops Mcgoots posted:

The impression I get is that you don't get to do load out customization at the demo. Instead you get to pick one of those two presets.

That would make more sense.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Burkion posted:

Weapon load out chosen for maximum variety for the Demo

Asari has two shotguns

gently caress yeah

She's a duelist, she dual wields them.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don't wanna infer too too much from a single screenshot but I wonder if weapons are bound to specific classes in MP now?

Hopefully it's just for powers and stuff. Or maybe each class has one signature weapon they always have equipped.

I always liked having the option with a new character to just stick a Harrier on them and faff about learning their powers later.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Spacebump posted:

Is there anyway I can make a custom ME2 save online and port it to XBone for ME3? I just finished a 2 run but would rather do a fem Shep for 3 and not use the no import version.

For 360 you can copy your existing ME2 saves to a USB Stick, then open the stick with some utility and copy a modified PC save into the proper directory. I did it several years back and it's clunky, but possible. Unfortunately the instructions I used to do it were on the bioware forums, apparently.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think those are just the default loadouts that they're giving them for the Multiplayer tech demo. That said the Krogan engineer is entirely my poo poo.

e: just noticed they've got a tempest there but it's labeled the Charger? What?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pattonesque posted:

much like their scientists, they likely focus more on demolition than construction

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/construction-engineering/combat-engineer.html

Serf
May 5, 2011

Looks like you get two weapon slots. Could you take more in ME3? It's been a long time since I hit up the MP, I can't remember. I mostly just took a pistol and used nothing but powers.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if lance is anything like the dbz shot and if backlash is anything like biotic slash then i want to play the asari slayer

Serf posted:

Looks like you get two weapon slots. Could you take more in ME3? It's been a long time since I hit up the MP, I can't remember. I mostly just took a pistol and used nothing but powers.

you could load as many weapons you wanted in the single player (at least, one per type of weapon) but only two allowed in the multiplayer

Serf
May 5, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

you could load as many weapons you wanted in the single player (at least, one per type of weapon) but only two allowed in the multiplayer

Good to know. I should play a few rounds before Andromeda.

Also how are we not talking about the fact that the krogan looks to be in the middle of tipping over forward.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Cowcaster posted:

if lance is anything like the dbz shot and if backlash is anything like biotic slash then i want to play the asari slayer

Backlash is supposed to be the bounce incoming fire back at your enemies one. The short description says she has a defensive ability, and charge and lance aren't it.

Serf posted:

Also how are we not talking about the fact that the krogan looks to be in the middle of tipping over forward.

He's leaning into the jet pack boost he's about to apply.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ainsley McTree posted:

It would be nice if unlocking a class unlocked guns they are suites to. That duelist also doesnt have a sword like you'd expect.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cowcaster posted:

Lance is the new Warp, except it's a beam and it can head-shot. Backlash is the "magnetic field absorbs bullets so you can shoot it back at them" Power.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

marshmallow creep posted:

It would be nice if unlocking a class unlocked guns they are suites to. That duelist also doesnt have a sword like you'd expect.

aside from the big, glowing laser katana?

edit: oh the image is cropped in the twitter thing you gotta expand it

Serf
May 5, 2011

Number Ten Cocks posted:

He's leaning into the jet pack boost he's about to apply.

They look remarkably zen about it. Practically nonchalant. Then again I guess that's probably just another day in the life of the average krogan.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kurieg posted:

Lance is the new Warp, except it's a beam and it can head-shot. Backlash is the "magnetic field absorbs bullets so you can shoot it back at them" Power.

sounds good man

i'm holding out hope and maybe bioware will do what they should've done with me3 and split off the multiplayer into a standalone purchase for $15 somewhere down the line

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Serf posted:

They look remarkably zen about it. Practically nonchalant. Then again I guess that's probably just another day in the life of the average krogan.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Do you need 6 or 7 Andromeda Initiative videos to qualify for the helmet? I thought it was 7, with the last unlocking recently, but I can only see 6 available.