Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
So in case anyone is wondering what societies exist:

Catholic, 4 societies: Benedictine, Dominicans, Hermetic Society, Lucifer's Own
Orthodox, 3 societies: Community of St. Basil (same as Benedictine), Hermetic Society, Lucifer's Own
Germanic, 1 society: Hel's own or something (same as Lucifer)
Muslim, 3 societies: Hermetic Society, Assassins (Shia only), Lucifer's own
Tengri, 1 society: Plaguebringers (looks like it might be the same as Lucifer)
West Africans, 0 societies: Nothing, according to Deceitful Penguin
Miaphysite, 3 societies: Community of St. Anthony (same as Benedictine), Hermetic Society, Lucifer's Own
Jewish, 2 societies: Hermetic Society, Lucifer's Own
Suomenusko & Slavic, 1 society: Cold Ones (same as Lucifer)

Seems like there are only 5 unique societies (Benedictine, Dominican, Hermetic, Lucifer's Own, Assassins) and the rest are just cut-and-paste jobs of those 5 with the flavor/cultural text changed.

Didn't check any others because I don't play them and don't care.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Can I play as a Converso in Hispania . . . only make Torquemada be totally right about me?

Ditto on being a secret Zoroastrian since there were a lot of nominal Muslims in Persia during some of the earlier timepoints in the game.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Germanic one shoulda been Loki's Own imo

Excited to play though!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Have portraits gone haywire for anybody else with M&M?

It's tonsures and shepherd's crooks as far as the eye can see. And the Pope has some cloth wrapped around his head and looks like he should be leading a tribe of Bedouins or something.

In fact every king I can find and even the basileus all seem to have abandoned crowns and poo poo in favor of head wraps.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I stopped getting DLC after Horse Lords, it sounds like Paradox have run out of historical stuff and are now just throwing crazy poo poo in for fun?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Pierson posted:

I stopped getting DLC after Horse Lords, it sounds like Paradox have run out of historical stuff and are now just throwing crazy poo poo in for fun?

This guy doesn't like fun.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Honky Dong Country posted:

It's tonsures and shepherd's crooks as far as the eye can see. And the Pope has some cloth wrapped around his head and looks like he should be leading a tribe of Bedouins or something.

In fact every king I can find and even the basileus all seem to have abandoned crowns and poo poo in favor of head wraps.

Mine seem alright, although when I joined the Fellowship of Hel my portrait gained a fancy hood and I can see them on other fellow cultists.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Pierson posted:

Do you mean to say Horse Lords weren't actually horses?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

This guy doesn't like fun.
As tempting as it is to only play Crusader Kings 2 for the rest of time, forever, unfortunately other developers insist on releasing games that are both good and cool. :colbert:

Pierson fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 7, 2017

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
What came after Horse Lords? I think it was Conclave and Reaper's. Aside from the immortality stuff, which you can turn off, council politics, plagues and epidemics all seem fairly historically based. Secret societies also seem to fit the tone, depending on your tolerance for the fantasy events.

It's not like my Fylkir hasn't been killing C'Thulu with his +2 Axe since Old Gods came out anyways.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
is anyone else getting CTDs when they try to start a game?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm currently the satanic Venitian doge. I've desecrated Rialto twice, taken part in a drug fueled three-day orgy, sacrificed the bishop of Rialto for Satan and posessed and corrupted his successor.

Hail Satan.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

One hour in and this is already pretty metal

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bharatrocity posted:

Well Nier Automata isn't out for a few more days, I guess I can grab the DLC I've missed. I can quit whenever I want.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Nice. I had $5 Amazon credit, and Amazon has Conclave on sale for $5.10, so I picked that up and redeemed it on Steam. Now I own ALL of the DLC except for the ebooks and a music pack I haven't gotten around to getting yet. :shepspends:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Pierson posted:

I can quit whenever I want.
But why would you want to?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bharatrocity posted:

Man and I thought the one I had was batshit crazy.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah, so far in the Fellowship of Hel I've:

* kidnapped and sacrificed a (virgin) child
* kidnapped and sacrificed a priest
* knocked out a priest, pissed on him, butchered him and then proceeded to hold a debauched party in his name
* summoned a demon to possess the widow of one of my courtiers

:thumbsup:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I like how the first thing everybody does when they get this DLC is worship the devil and descend into MADNESS

Also when my kid's wife died I married him to the chick I banged during my initiation into Lucifer's Own. (Also the three day long drug-fueled murder-orgy was her idea.) Have fun, sport.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Stopping after Horse Lords and missing out on Conclave AND Reaper's Due, two of the best DLCs so far, is really unfortunate for a CK2 fan.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Did you have any portrait mods? We adding a bunch of clothing for the societies which would likely break on top of a mod. Failing that, verify cache.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

The new Find Character interface...it's even more beautiful than I imagined:

Filtering to people only in your diplomatic range! Showing people who will come to your court with a bribe! Saving your preferences! :swoon:

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Torrannor posted:

Stopping after Horse Lords and missing out on Conclave AND Reaper's Due, two of the best DLCs so far, is really unfortunate for a CK2 fan.

Still not playing until UI scaling gets hacked into the game :colbert:

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Catalina posted:

Filtering to people only in your diplomatic range! Showing people who will come to your court with a bribe! Saving your preferences! :swoon:

It's incredible.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Darkrenown posted:

Did you have any portrait mods? We adding a bunch of clothing for the societies which would likely break on top of a mod. Failing that, verify cache.

Nah no mods, fresh install actually. How do I verify cache?

E: Also holy gently caress I've never seen this happen so early

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 7, 2017

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

I like how the first thing everybody does when they get this DLC is worship the devil and descend into MADNESS

Also when my kid's wife died I married him to the chick I banged during my initiation into Lucifer's Own. (Also the three day long drug-fueled murder-orgy was her idea.) Have fun, sport.

To be fair the other societies aren't nearly as fun/interesting to play as. As one of Lucifer's own I could summon a familiar, give people diseases, abduct my enemies and sacrifice them to Devil, or a bunch of other random stuff. Or you know embrace celibacy and write my magnum opus :rolleyes:

Also I don't know what other random events occur for Catholic societies but I doubt they are as varied & fun.

Edit: this just happened today!

Sheep fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 7, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Sheep posted:

To be fair the other societies aren't nearly as fun/interesting to play as. Like hooray I can embrace celibacy as a monk OR I could summon a familiar, give people diseases, etc.

Oh I wasn't saying it was a bad thing. Lucifer's Own is funny as gently caress. I just gave another patrician cancer using it, which is loving great because he's been extremely hard to murder for some reason.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I'm really looking forward to the whole societies thing hopefully becoming much more fleshed out. Right now it is a very solid base to improve on and what they have presently, at least for Catholics, is pretty decent. Pretty much every other religion desperately needs more content there though.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Nah no mods, fresh install actually. How do I verify cache?

E: Also holy gently caress I've never seen this happen so early

Right click on the steam games list, go to properties, then the local files tab, and there should be an option to verify cache or something like that.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

The genuinely insane musicians are a nice touch.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Sheep posted:

To be fair the other societies aren't nearly as fun/interesting to play as. As one of Lucifer's own I could summon a familiar, give people diseases, abduct my enemies and sacrifice them to Devil, or a bunch of other random stuff. Or you know embrace celibacy and write my magnum opus :rolleyes:

To be fair I don't know what other random events occur for Catholic societies but I doubt they are as varied & fun.

Do I get to play as an equally insane, violent, heretic-smashing zealot? That might be fun.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Bharatrocity posted:

Aleth posted:

The genuinely insane musicians are a nice touch.
:ohdear: This is a little much for me, I think.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah I'm considering starting a game as kind of a companion to my satanic doge with Asturias and try to go full on Spanish Inquisition.

Not gonna lie though, considering that in my satanic doge game the HRE just got founded by Karl Karling before even 800 I'm a little scared of being on the mainland with the godamn franks.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So what kind of horrible breaking can I expect if I start an Ironman game and buy the DLC at a later point? I've been jonesing for CK2 bad, but have waited til M&M hit to get back to it, and I need some sales on the marketplace before I can buy it.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Strudel Man posted:

:ohdear: This is a little much for me, I think.

:ohdear: It is for me to ever do, too...but that's probably not going to stop me from looking for other peoples' screenshots.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

gently caress yeah I just became High Priest of Lucifer's own. Now I get the wear the snazzy goatskull.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Catalina posted:

It helped me find the dwarf I needed to sacrifice!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Hel is referred to as "he" in events. My immersion! :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Because I'm a child I alwo went with the satan faction. Gotta say more of these little story events popping up is good. And you can heal yourself out of incapable. But then you're spouse might stab you to death because you drove her insane with a possession because you wanted her to have a positive opinion of you.

• Locked thread