Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm not voting for CSM at all.

Why would I want to send anyone to a place whose people apparently eat rotten shark because that poo poo's starvation age throwback poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I wouldn't even send Zephyrine there, and she'd love that poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This game sucks I dont know why people play it. Horizon:Zero Dawn is really loving good and I put like 30 hours into it this weekend.

Seriously, CCP is never going to fix the problems that EVE has because to do so would be basically making EVE 2. They got lucky and made EVE and nothing good has come from fartwater icetroll island since.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche posted:

This game sucks I dont know why people play it. Horizon:Zero Dawn is really loving good and I put like 30 hours into it this weekend.

I prefer House of a Dying Sun tbqh :goonsay:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

tbqh its an awesome loving game though and quick to play as well

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

The screenshots immediately make me think of the Tie Fighter games, a good thing imo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche posted:

The screenshots immediately make me think of the Tie Fighter games, a good thing imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56fCuO7JEy4

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

I wanted asher to run for CSM but under the character Marlona Sky

asher snagged the marlona name?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Viva Miriya posted:

poo poo's dope. Forgot the dev shot me a key way back when it was Enemy Starfighter, so now I' just reinstalled it to finish the campaign.

Also HOI4 Kaiserreich is the poo poo too.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

orange juche posted:

god is it ever

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-aZTGakEjg

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Unfunny Poster posted:

poo poo's dope. Forgot the dev shot me a key way back when it was Enemy Starfighter, so now I' just reinstalled it to finish the campaign.

Also HOI4 Kaiserreich is the poo poo too.

Nah I played as Russia and all that cockblocking "you're on negative 8,000 political power and most of your generals and leaders are being assassinated week by week: that should give Germany time to catch up while you do gently caress all for four years" was bad design. There's another mod that launched a month or two beforehand called something like "Rise of the Kaiserreich" that was far more fun.

orange juche posted:

Seriously, CCP is never going to fix the problems that EVE has because to do so would be basically making EVE 2. They got lucky and made EVE and nothing good has come from fartwater icetroll island since.

It's actually a lot of fun if you play with the right people doing the right stuff*.

*Your idea of right people and stuff will presumably vary from mine.

Endie fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 7, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Zephyrine I got you: I'm gonna use STAR POWER to get you back in.

https://www.kugutsumen.org/topic/104-goonswarm-federation-~~tired-memes~~-edition/?do=findComment&comment=5913

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Wait, a CO2 leadership guy is on the CFC's official CSM voting list? How did that come to pass?

e: Never mind, I see this was answered a few posts further down. Don't mind me.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

LemonDrizzle posted:

Wait, a CO2 leadership guy is on the CFC's official CSM voting list? How did that come to pass?

e: Never mind, I see this was answered a few posts further down. Don't mind me.

Honestly Xenuria is the first time we really did a spite vote. We've almost always had a few people on our ballot that had in game "Political Ideologies" that differed from our own provided they were nullsec candidates who had good ideas for the game. Ultimately we have more in common with any given TEST/C02 candidate than we do random highsec pubbie mission runners.

EDIT: Hell if TEST had a really strong FC/High leadershp dude running we should throw him at the top of our ballot because voting in a TEST guy seems to be the fastest way to get them to quit TEST.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
KAPOW DANCUL1001 FOR CSM KAPOW

but in all seriousness there seems to be a number of decent candidates who want to be junior game designers/community managers for ccp

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

once again CCP is going to confuse good at eve with being a good game dev

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

CCP hiring autists who LOVE EVE is like Ruger hiring rednecks who love shooting beercans with .22's to design their rifle.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Except that the CSM is a customer advisory board, not a design team. It makes perfect sense for Ruger to have customers on a CAB.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Jesus Christ is Kugu 2.0 all the idiots too afraid to post on old Kugu?

It's just page after page of insufferable fuckwits. OTOH, just had a cough medicine revelation that that's also pretty much this thread as well. gently caress.

Also- Drewex is in PL? Mother. Of. God.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Xolve posted:

Jesus Christ is Kugu 2.0 all the idiots too afraid to post on old Kugu?

It's just page after page of insufferable fuckwits. OTOH, just had a cough medicine revelation that that's also pretty much this thread as well. gently caress.

Also- Drewex is in PL? Mother. Of. God.

Kugu 1.0 was page after page of insufferable fuckwits, you just got older.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

OTOH, just had a cough medicine revelation that that's also pretty much this thread as well. gently caress.

that's what happens when most of the people posting are bitter ex types who can't let go

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

that's what happens when most of the people posting are bitter ex types who can't let go

That's a very, very valid point.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Like kugu 1.0 was pretty much communication via ron paul "It's happening" memes 24/7 soooo rose tinted glasses and all.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

so who is even running kugu two point duh

didn't the original kugu try to invent some sort of internet-based confidence scheme that he tried to market on SA called beluga

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

anthonyZ's product (kugu)

https://www.belua.com/

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Pls dont put IP harvesting links on this here forum, Dozer

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
remember when kugu managed to get shamis' pw and scraped/released all of PL.com to raise cash?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

so who is even running kugu two point duh

if xutech or anthony Z arent involved it aint kugu :colbert:

just zulu squad 2.0

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Orange Red Bull posted:

if xutech or anthony Z arent involved it aint kugu :colbert:

just zulu squad 2.0

i mean didn't failheap challenge already exist

why did we need to make another one

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

didn't the original kugu try to invent some sort of internet-based confidence scheme that he tried to market on SA called beluga

god drat that was a funny thread, pity about archives being broken

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i mean didn't failheap challenge already exist

why did we need to make another one

I thought failheap was the same marlona sky style rejects that scrapheap was.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

I thought failheap was the same marlona sky style rejects that scrapheap was.

it is, it's literally the same forum afaik

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Klyith posted:

god drat that was a funny thread, pity about archives being broken

Someone needs to draw the goatmans hands on this.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
My limited understanding was kugu went off the deep end for some bitcoin poo poo and nuked the original forums. The resurrection is trying to capitilse on the brand name/vbb former nature of the original and do away with the upvote/downvote white noise bullshit of reddit to entice all parties back to the table when it comes to nullsec dumbshit. I know for me it's far easier to follow a nullsec conflict in a traditional forum format than the hot steaming pile that is reddit war updates, with offhand memey bullshit intermixed with legitimate responses.

TL; DR
gently caress reddit

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it is, it's literally the same forum afaik

Yeah but zulu is really a retarded child of kugutsumen and sigma's old sister squad in TEST. Not failheap/scrapheap.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah but zulu is really a retarded child of kugutsumen and sigma's old sister squad in TEST. Not failheap/scrapheap.

Zulu is all I know but sigma wasn't that much better.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
We've had a couple characters named Kugu and Tsumen camping Delve recently, so I guess they are related.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Landsknecht posted:

remember when kugu managed to get shamis' pw and scraped/released all of PL.com to raise cash?

Anthonyz came mealy mouthed to PL and created a thread begging for money in the GBS forum. Winchestori is the one who started mocking him and every other person in the Alliance followed along. He then proceeded to :airquote: hack :airquote: the server he :airquote: secured :airquote: via reading the plaintext password dump gleaned from a script he had running during his tenure as a server admin so he could :airquote: audit :airquote: the password strength. That guy was a loving half rate con artist and loving swindled so many people in the EVE community into thinking he was some hotshit hacker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

How many people's passwords were keyboard patterns?

• Locked thread