Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

like I literally just looked it up and the cheapest adult ticket for that game was sixty four english pounds and i'm lolling all over the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Wenger blames the ref at the conference, christ

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

FullLeatherJacket posted:

like I literally just looked it up and the cheapest adult ticket for that game was sixty four english pounds and i'm lolling all over the world

It's not just wenger
Its the players, the board.... everything in the club is wrong...
What an absolute joke i could have studied in those 2 hours.... some other fans could have slept... the fans that paid 100s for travel and tickets could have saved thier money... it doesn't even hurt anymore because am so use to it... God i just love this club if i was a player i would play 10 times better than those clowns cuz at least I'll play with passion

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Breath Ray posted:

Here's a dim sum for you. What's five plus five

:megadeath: :megadeath: :megadeath:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

saihttam posted:

I've been running some advanced statistical metrics on my end and they are telling me that the red card produced a swing of approximately 8.5 goals. Wenger is pretty justified in feeling this was stolen from him.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

saihttam posted:

mental strength

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

10 quid a goal seems a good value idk

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
That was such a massive bumming I actually feel sorry for arse fans.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

WanderingKid posted:

That was such a massive bumming I actually feel sorry for arse fans.

It'll pass.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
https://twitter.com/OLPMFifa/status/839232856530440192

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
I get that 10-2 is horrible but at 7-2 and a man down, are we really supposed to park the bus? There is no dignity in damage control. So we kept attacking. Impossible comeback? Sure but in the end 10-2 is really no different than 7-2. It sucks but viewing this match alone I don't think you can't blame Arsene.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/lewpuls/status/839240952518701057

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Tbh I like that arsenal always ensure a great spectacle for the neutral and wish them well in their qualifying game in july against the champions of malta

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
There are many legitimate things you can blame on Wenger. Today is not one of them.

Up until this season we had been steadily improving, 4th and a cup, 3rd and a cup, then 2nd. (Incredibly difficult to 3 peat in the FA cup).

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Would it be fair to say that your CL performance has not improved a single iota in the last ten years

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Wow I've just read this thread and it sounds like Theo Walcott scored a magisterial goal, surpassing Ronaldo and Zidane in Champions League goals, only to have the dirty euro-scum referee gift Bayern five (5) goals in revenge.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Who really cares about a Mickey Mouse trophy like the Champions League anyhow?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Whilst I think Ranieri deserves another go at a big club, I don't think Arsenal are a good fit because having suffered this poo poo for a long time now I think this rabble need someone who isn't afraid to go loving nuts with them. A lot of Wenger's problem is he is too loyal, sticking with players a normal manager wouldn't have because their job depends on results, Wenger evidently doesn't have that pressure.

Anyone else would've binned Walcott and others years ago, so cut throat are the winners. Remember when Walcott cracked on he was going to leave and no one wanted him so we gave him a bumper contract anyway? I don't fear a change now because anything would be better than this, even being properly poo poo instead of poo poo despite having decent players. Can't blame Sanchez, he could only carry them all for so long before cracking I guess.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/_lfcleanne/status/839240382508589056

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s sad but all these failings are 100% his fault

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Wenger: “I felt that we played very well and the referee has let us down. It was more the decisions of the referee that killed the game. It’s irresponsible from the referee. At the end of the day, that is the reason for tonight’s result.”

the gently caress

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Where's a cauldron of boiling oil when you need one

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Did they all bring their 'Wenger out' banners in anticipation or what?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

fyallm posted:

I get that 10-2 is horrible but at 7-2 and a man down, are we really supposed to park the bus? There is no dignity in damage control. So we kept attacking. Impossible comeback? Sure but in the end 10-2 is really no different than 7-2. It sucks but viewing this match alone I don't think you can't blame Arsene.

i 10-2 agree

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

theyve had enough. we;ve all had enough

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

fyallm posted:

You lot have lost to Bayern 5-1 three matches in a row lol.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Shrapnig posted:

You lot have lost to Bayern 5-1 three matches in a row lol.

Bayern are a good team better in every position?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
on top doggie and normal

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
poor old sanchez, he's going to kill himself now

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Eau de MacGowan posted:

poor old sanchez, he's going to kill himself now

kill himself laughing

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/839226888446951425?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Cech's asking him "Remember when we used to play for clubs that won things?"

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Is Claude alive?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjfh8C04x8k

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Sanchez is thinking "Thank god im gonna be done with this team by the summer"

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

he's already signed the contract i bet. they'll just wait till they smash palace, boro and sunderland in april and they they'll try and sneak it in.

also

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/5y3lpt/anastasios_sidiropoulos_i_hope_you_never_referee/

lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

:allears:

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Here's a nice clip of Wengers speech at the end of the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_teqyLNOs

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Arsene Wenger posted:

Of course the red card was the turning point. After that we needed to score four goals and it was impossible.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

From the Invicibles to the Impossibles.

• Locked thread