Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Woo, just got my first unit to level 40! It's my 5* Abel. Now I can finally check what his stats are...

He is +atk and -speed. That... seems pretty good for a Brave weapon user? I guess now I can start working on that Nino-focused team in earnest. I already have Olivia and Sharena at 4*, and a 5* Eirika. I may or may not use that +speed -atk Nino I pulled earlier today. I just don't relish having to grind for the feathers to promote yet another of the same unit.

I'll be using Olivia instead of Azura because: 1)I don't even have Azura. 2) I hate her and wouldn't use her if I did have her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Rascyc posted:

Who are they? Since dragons faded in my arena ranges I am very happy with Ryoma. I have a god Ryoma though, +ATK/-Hp.

I also have a Ryoma (+atk/-res) as well as a Marth, Seliph and Erika.

I only got Ryoma today so I haven't played with him all that much but so far I'm happy with him. I also have Julia for dragons if I was ever worried about them. So it's not like I need Lucina, it's just that I would like her.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Would a cavalry squad somehow maybe work? I got a 5* Peri from drawing a little to try to get Eripham, and I got Jagen, Eliwood and a Gunther sitting around.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

Would a cavalry squad somehow maybe work? I got a 5* Peri from drawing a little to try to get Eripham, and I got Jagen, Eliwood and a Gunther sitting around.

According to some guy on Reddit both goad cavalry and gunthers atk spede buff stack so you could get 60ish damage on a generic cav

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
So aren't the people who blew all 1200 flags or w/e basically screwed after the first round?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Clarste posted:

You get another 2000 feathers just from reaching 3000 points and having any defense wins though.

I know that's why I said rank feathers.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 7, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

Blew all my orbs trying for Lucina, ended up with Ryoma and Erika who are good are ok respectively but just are not what I wanted.

same except I got 4 hinatas and zero 5 stars

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

ChronoReverse posted:

It's pretty fun getting to use characters I'd otherwise never get to try in the gauntlet.

i agree

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

same but ephraims

bonus, every enemy team has at least one Takumi and occasionally a Camilla, and I have not seen even one Leo

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I don't know why that happens to you guys. I'm on team Lucina too and that's only happened to me once.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Why are team Lucina people leaving Lucina in slot 1 of their defense team anyway? Put a good non-red in there ffs

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Same but it's the other team with the 3 lucinas while I have a 1 lucina, a takumi and a linde. :getin:

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I pulled on the Princes one, because I got itchy pulling finger.

I got... A 5* Jackob, 4* Setsuna and 4* Seliph.

Yay? Nay?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

fairlight posted:

Why are team Lucina people leaving Lucina in slot 1 of their defense team anyway? Put a good non-red in there ffs

Yeah, I usually leave Reinhardt or Camilla in that slot to help out my team. My +atk Reinhardt without having to worry about the silly arena stats system is beastly.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

fairlight posted:

All right, just for you I put Nino in my first slot. I had Abel in there for the longest time, but that seemed to discourage people from challenging me in the Arena, so I had Eirika in there for awhile. Having Nino in that slot works fine too, whatever.

Abel has been chewing up the opposition for Team Lucina, btw. So many sword dudes. It's like an Abel buffet. :getin:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I realized this morning that I have not actually played this game on not auto play outside of a handful of arena matches in like a week.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Can I solicit opinions on who I should upgrade to 5*? I've managed to pull a bunch of them already and now I can't decide who to save my feathers up for. Here's my box, the current team is the one I've been using:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

fairlight posted:

Do you get a bonus for using the character whose team you're on? I kind of assumed that, so I've been using Ephraim for the Ephraim team

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

McPantserton posted:

Can I solicit opinions on who I should upgrade to 5*? I've managed to pull a bunch of them already and now I can't decide who to save my feathers up for. Here's my box, the current team is the one I've been using:

I'd personally go with F Corrin, but you'd have too much magical damage that way.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Cosmic Afro posted:

I pulled on the Princes one, because I got itchy pulling finger.

I got... A 5* Jackob, 4* Setsuna and 4* Seliph.

Yay? Nay?
Nay, my goondolences.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zeeman posted:

Do you get a bonus for using the character whose team you're on? I kind of assumed that, so I've been using Ephraim for the Ephraim team

Yes but it's the leader of the squad you're currently on (e.g., it can be squad 2) while the leader your friends (and the arena) sees is squad 1.

I've been putting Reinhardt and Camilla on rotation in the squad 1 leader slot while Lucina is the squad 2 leader who I take into the gauntlet.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Decided to roll on the new banner, got my third 5-star with Sheena. That shield ability looks interesting, is she worth investing for my B-team?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i put kagero as my leader because dear christ getting only red allies is a nightmare

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

AradoBalanga posted:

Decided to roll on the new banner, got my third 5-star with Sheena. That shield ability looks interesting, is she worth investing for my B-team?

Sheena can take a beating but she's not going to do much killing

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Is it better to roll on the princess banner or try for Sanaki on the other one? I already used a 5-pull to make the rates on the Sanaki banner so it's slightly weighted in my favor I guess.

When leveling, Sheena is good to stop people from eating your units if you can position her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

fairlight posted:

There's no actual incentive to help your teammates, you know. Victory is determined entirely by how many followers each team has, which is entirely out of your control, and the better everyone else on your team does the worse your relative ranking is. Frankly, there's a small incentive to hurt your teammates as much as possible.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How does the game decide which character is sent to other players?

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Idgaf about ranking, I want everyone to have fun and not get stuck with a 3 lucina team every drat round

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

I kinda hate this mode, actually.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

See, that's the poo poo I'm talking about!! Hopefully my Hector will save someone from getting wrecked by blues.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Oh my goodness I can't believe I got lucky on my first try.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
^Dang, that's my kind of roll! blues and greens are all I ever open

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I was expecting like a 3 star lon'qu or something and just quit. Now to hoard orbs to try for Sanaki / wait for an azura banner.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Nay, my goondolences.

damnit, that's the second dud I've had, then. I got Laschei or whatever is the name of that healer cleric from the previous banner!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Ran 60 orbs, got a five star Lucina and four star Eirika, Tharja, Roy, and Stahl. Good enough; I'm happy I got a five-star and it was one that I had wanted. gently caress off, Marth, your superior distaff version is here.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ChronoReverse posted:

Yes but it's the leader of the squad you're currently on (e.g., it can be squad 2) while the leader your friends (and the arena) sees is squad 1.

I've been putting Reinhardt and Camilla on rotation in the squad 1 leader slot while Lucina is the squad 2 leader who I take into the gauntlet.

Yep, I've been doing this. I have Nino as the leader in squad 1 and in Squad 2 I have Abel in the first slot to chew up all the sword people. Victory for Team Lucina!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I only side with the cutest princesses

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

BattleMaster posted:

I only side with the cutest princesses

This man has the correct opinion.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also, don't think I've seen anyone mention it, but in addition to the 9 orbs from the Xenologue they added today, Part 5 of the Launch Celebration battle is up in the Special Maps category. Beat up Felicia, Jakob, Saizo and Kagero twice for 6 more orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So does the nature of a unit stay the same when you move it up a rank, or does it reset like their stats? I just pulled a Nino, but it's the 3* version and I don't want to blow 22k feathers if it's a version of her that's not even good.