Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Commander Cap, with Viv and Kate in their costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Commander Cap, with Viv and Kate in their costumes.

:chanpop: How much money have you spent on this game?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

On the game overall? I don't know. This event has been like $30 or something.

The costumes aren't hard to get when you have some other premium stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat, I missed Hawkeye by 4 arrows. My own fault for not realizing that Arrows were the thing you needed to unlock hawkeye earlier.

Looks like the next event will feature Kang attacking with Stature/Stinger, Billy and Teddy being the recruits. I wonder who will be the final character, another Young Avenger? I guess Patriot or No-Varr would be reasonable, but maybe Scarlet Witch with Billy being in it.

Who knows, sometimes these events have the most random collection of characters.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

If it's not Patriot I will be intensely disappointed.

I managed to unlock Hawkeye but man his voice is just awful. Doesn't fit him at all. On the plus side, he does have a pretty great action where he takes a nap in his apartment and dreams about Lucky :3:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Ouch, my sympathies. I got up like at 3am to finish streak 7 for Ultron and spent most of the day with the app open waiting till I could do an infiltration for the last 2 arrows I needed, hoping the game wouldn't quit out and end the event before I got him. Lucky me I guess. Probably shouldn't have bothered to waste a bunch of crystals on a box of guard blasters or whatever they were I didn't need though.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

twistedmentat posted:

God drat, I missed Hawkeye by 4 arrows. My own fault for not realizing that Arrows were the thing you needed to unlock hawkeye earlier.

Looks like the next event will feature Kang attacking with Stature/Stinger, Billy and Teddy being the recruits. I wonder who will be the final character, another Young Avenger? I guess Patriot or No-Varr would be reasonable, but maybe Scarlet Witch with Billy being in it.

Who knows, sometimes these events have the most random collection of characters.

I think this could just be another British Invasion style mini-event, to be honest. No costumes, two characters that get talked about in the Marvel article plus a third that could easily be a premium character, portal-based mechanics, the signs are all there. And I'd honestly be fine with that, since space is getting real tight for big event buildings and we still have Monsters Unleashed on the horizon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's up now, and at least so far yeah that's the case.

No event currency, or event square or anything. You send some heroes for 1 resource, others use them for the items that unlock Hulkling. No fighting, though I assume that's coming in another act.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, bought Cassie but mostly so I can make sure i finish the event with both Teddy and Billy.

You'd think there would be a Kid Loki costume too.

Hawkeye is voiced by Gus from Rooster Teeth, which is weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Moon Girl, Devil Dinosaur, Amadeus Cho, Hercules, Elsa Bloodstone and something called Orrgo are confirmed for the next event.

Plus costumes for Hulk and Cap.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Another game where I spend money on Elsa!

Also wtf why did you straight up say Scarlet Witch is going to be added? Next event I guess?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hopefully the Fin Fang Foom mention means they'll open up another section of timefog so I have more room to shove all my useless trinkets

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
I just want Fin Fang Foom to put someone in his pants.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That's a weird fetish.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Don't kinkshame.

But yeah, this is a great event. I actually bought Amadeus Cho, and I don't usually buy premium heroes. I wanted to be 100% sure that I'd get everyone.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just wish there was another way to get the thingies to fight Devil Dinosaur. I can only send Cho in the mech right now and that's 1 every 4 hours. At first I could get Tony to make them, but that option vanished.

The game is pretty loyal to the characters, so I hope Elsa has her little skull and crossbones censor marks when she talks. I also hope when Wanda gets added, she's goth as gently caress.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you scroll down you can send Cho to get 3 every 4 hours. It costs 12 thingies so it's just a time saver, not a resource saver.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Am I missing a way to get red pterodactyls? Right now it doesn't look like it's possible to get enough to unlock moon girl AND level up Cho

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

Am I missing a way to get red pterodactyls? Right now it doesn't look like it's possible to get enough to unlock moon girl AND level up Cho

Hunter Loki and Iron Man can fight Devil Dinosaur.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

F2P usually won't get enough in week 1 for rankups.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

twistedmentat posted:

Hunter Loki and Iron Man can fight Devil Dinosaur.

That's what I mean though. I've just got the Rocket so all I need them for is Leveling Cho up and unlocking Moon Girl, but even a 7 streak won't be enough.

Aphrodite posted:

F2P usually won't get enough in week 1 for rankups.

Yeah I'm assuming it's going to be like the Ultron one and they'll give us some way to do it later

Kind of sucks how, if I wasn't paying attention, I could have theoretically locked myself out of getting Moon Girl entirely though

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 7, 2017

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Retro Futurist posted:

That's what I mean though. I've just got the Rocket so all I need them for is Leveling Cho up and unlocking Moon Girl, but even a 7 streak won't be enough.

You can keep fighting Devil Dinosaur's hidden 8+ streaks, or just wait for next week when they introduce a way to get more red pterodactyls. I'd still get as many as you can now on the off chance they pull another Ultron and make getting additional level-up items a complete pain in the rear end, but let's all just hope they don't do that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So Hercules is pretty spot on. One of the items you need to get for him is chest hair.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

On the one hand, I don't want to spend money on Avengers Academy again since I just did so in the last event
On the other hand, I really want Director Fury... :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bought Pym. I've bought all the event specific characters so far I think.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

So did anyone manage to get Devil Dinosaur?

mania
Sep 9, 2004
I did! He's adorable. One of his actions is him using his stubby arms to get a book from the timeless archives. :3:

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...
He does soccer tricks too! He's the best.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Any big spenders get Odin yet and know what's required to unlock his outfit? I haven't bothered with any of the outfits before since they seem so impossible to get, but drat I want that Kirby suit

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Retro Futurist posted:

Any big spenders get Odin yet and know what's required to unlock his outfit? I haven't bothered with any of the outfits before since they seem so impossible to get, but drat I want that Kirby suit

it's all in the faq.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I really do hope Namor will show up against all odds

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
EDIT: Well, apparently autocorrect doesn't ask you in the program I used to make it.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 2, 2017

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not the only one who reads all of Pym's lines this game with Krieger's voice, right!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Uh that's not how he sounds?

Also Pym wrecks poo poo big time holy poo poo. I wish the Helicarrier was that powerful.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gotg2 event started, because god forbid tinyco takes 24 hours off

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is as close to it gets as a week off I guess. Real simple right now, just fight Ronan with items off the board.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I spent like 10 minutes today collecting all the rewards for already having everything from the last Guardians event. I did buy Nova though.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I already got the girl alien and am well on my way to unlocking the boy alien. This seems so easy it's almost suspect.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's because this is the 3rd time these characters have been available. They got their money from the first two.

And they'll be making plenty from the new ones next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I assume Mantis is going to be an unlockable, and probably Ronan as well.

• Locked thread