Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blaze Dragon posted:

https://twitter.com/jinmine90/status/838632457465286658

This...actually looks kind of good. I'm definitely interested, even if the opening isn't as good as the actual Kyoryuger's.
Does Gabutyra have a chaingun for a nose? Because that is loving awesome and I am totally on board now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

I can't decide if in the latest Ex-Aid Taiga paying a game developer to develop a gashat of a game about killing an immortal zombie is an amazing exploitation of the logic of collectable form toys, or just completely absurd, or both.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

gourdcaptain posted:

I can't decide if in the latest Ex-Aid Taiga paying a game developer to develop a gashat of a game about killing an immortal zombie is an amazing exploitation of the logic of collectable form toys, or just completely absurd, or both.

I liked it because it means one of two things.

Either A: Taiga is loving loaded for inexplicable reasons and he's even more of a shady mother fucker then we thought and we already knew he operated out of a loving ruined hospital or B: Nico is paying for it and he is literally at the whims of a 15 year old child telling him what to do

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Really no one writing Ex-Aid knows how game development works.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm excited for big shirtless Dan next episode.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ex-Aid is blowing the lid off how game development really works. I was shocked at how much insider information they have that so far has managed to have been kept secret.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

gourdcaptain posted:

It's both, and it's awesome. It's perfectly consistent from the series that gave us "we have to beat Pac-Man, let's get a (Kamen Rider) Ghost" too, since it follows the same logic: "it works in the game, it works in reality".

Stallion Cabana posted:

I liked it because it means one of two things.

Either A: Taiga is loving loaded for inexplicable reasons and he's even more of a shady mother fucker then we thought and we already knew he operated out of a loving ruined hospital or B: Nico is paying for it and he is literally at the whims of a 15 year old child telling him what to do

It's A. We saw him paying a crapton of cash to Kuroto so he could get Bang Bang Shooting much earlier on. For some reason, Taiga has a lot of money. Considering how shady he is, I don't doubt for a minute that he does unethical, unauthorized surgery that respectable hospitals wouldn't or something like that to get a lot of cash. He had to get that much money from somewhere and he is a doctor, licenseless as he is.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Well, Date did pay 100 million yen to get that bullet out of his brain

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Now you've put the idea of Date and Nico meeting in my head, and no one would survive that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
date needed the money because no doctor in japan would do it. so, he had to get it done overseas, where he would have pay for it out of pocket.

japanese surgeons supposedly sometimes refuse to perform risky surgeries because failed surgeries can harm their reputations. the idea is rather ridiculous, but who knows? i've heard of dumber things that turned out to be true.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, I mean, american surgeons do that too. It was the subject of several Scrubs episodes at least.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

date needed the money because no doctor in japan would do it. so, he had to get it done overseas, where he would have pay for it out of pocket.

japanese surgeons supposedly sometimes refuse to perform risky surgeries because failed surgeries can harm their reputations. the idea is rather ridiculous, but who knows? i've heard of dumber things that turned out to be true.

Well, if we're talking unlicensed doctors in Rider, it's either Taiga or Kaoru Kino from Agito, and I'd rather not have the guy wearing the black medical scrubs who talks to his hand like he's Revolver Ocelot possessed by Liquid personally, at least. :P

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

I mean we saw that in this series where people were telling Hiiro not to operate on that guy's cancer because if he failed to completely cure it it would destroy his career.

Then he somehow literally cuts the guy's cancer into oblivion.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stallion Cabana posted:

I mean we saw that in this series where people were telling Hiiro not to operate on that guy's cancer because if he failed to completely cure it it would destroy his career.

Weren't you paying attention? There's nothing he cannot cut.

Don't underestimate Kamen Rider Sanger Zonvolt.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

His is the sword that cleaves tumors.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

hopefully that was dramatized because otherwise no one in japan would ever have tumors removed. surgery for cancer is never guaranteed to succeed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I do have to rectify one thing I've said earlier

Kamen Rider Kuuga is not the toku that most completely follows its own message and themes to the possible detriment of the show itself.

It's just the one that did it the most successfully. As in, Kuuga got the ending it wanted and deserved and saw itself all the way through.

There's one other show that was even HARDER on its own message, far more on point about the entire theme of the show- to the point that it got the whole thing cancelled ten episodes early.

Ultraman Nexus. Jesus Christ I love Ultraman Nexus. It and Kuuga share so many things in common, with one huge difference- in Kuuga, Godai is happy to begin with and knows he's a hero. He never has a moment of self doubt in that regard. For as miserable as the fight made him, Godai was never suicidal. He was never broken by the fight.

Nexus is nowhere near as happy as Kuuga. Nexus is nowhere near as self assured as Kuuga. To the point where Ultraman Nexus dies half way into the series and his replacement is straight up suicidal, and THAT ONE'S replacement is a near psycho with massive amounts of anger issues that would have spelled her downfall even if they got the full 50+ episode run

I just cannot think of another Toku series that was more on point with its message, to the point of just making the show kind of miserable in a great way. It cost them big time with regards to the ending but I respect it none the less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mVsk7CApVk

Also the theme is fantastic

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Potsticker posted:

Ex-Aid is blowing the lid off how game development really works. I was shocked at how much insider information they have that so far has managed to have been kept secret.

Can confirm, my uncle works at Genm.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm kind of confused about how apparently no one at cr told anyone about dan or kiriya. they are supposed to still be working for the government, right? it is all well and good that their job isn't investigating, but it didn't seem to occur to anyone there that it might be a good idea to have someone try to find out where dan went.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It just hit me, I kind of wanted to see the Kamen Rider Ghost movie (I know, Ghost is bad, but I at least want to understand some of the things in the final episodes), but is it not released on video yet?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

It actually came out in January, but we only just pushed it out today because eh, Ghost.

I don't think it'll clear things much, though. :shrug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Here it is!.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I watch all of the movies available and am a little sad that there are still some Drive specials I haven't seen. So I will watch the Ghost movie, despite my ambivalence towards the series itself.

I really want to see the Zyuohger VS Ninninger movie though, despite Ninninger, so I can't wait for that one to come out on video since I missed it in theatres.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ignis posted:

It actually came out in January, but we only just pushed it out today because eh, Ghost.

I don't think it'll clear things much, though. :shrug:

That's fine, I'm surprised that I had odd timing to post that. Still gonna watch it though I don't expect much.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I watch all of the movies available and am a little sad that there are still some Drive specials I haven't seen.

Yeah same here. I really want to watch Sakurai and Tomari's adventures on the time train.

e: Yeah that Ghost movie wasn't very good and didn't clear up much at all. They just kind of glossed over the "You destroyed your body" thing, and of course Ex-Aid out of nowhere and it doesn't even make any sense for him to be there. At least the Ex-Aid cameo in Ghost itself made sense.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 9, 2017

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah same here. I really want to watch Sakurai and Tomari's adventures on the time train.
Wait, what? Was there a Den-O/Drive special?

I was referring to the last two Type Tokujo and Type Lupin specials, which as far as I know haven't been subbed anywhere yet. If I am wrong, someone please correct me I want to watch them

EDIT: Unless you mean the continuing adventures of Faiz, Zeronos, and Drive in Kamen Rider #4, that one was subbed by TV Nihon and was pretty interesting! Kamen Rider #4: Gou Dies A Lot.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah I did mean Kamen Rider 4, I looked on TVN but I didn't immediately see it, because I had forgotten about their obsession with not putting anything in English. So it didn't immediately occur to me that "Sangou/Youngou" was what I was looking for.

It also does seem that TVN has subbed the Type Tokujo special from what I'm seeing.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah I did mean Kamen Rider 4, I looked on TVN but I didn't immediately see it, because I had forgotten about their obsession with not putting anything in English. So it didn't immediately occur to me that "Sangou/Youngou" was what I was looking for.

It also does seem that TVN has subbed the Type Tokujo special from what I'm seeing.

Yeah, it's often tricky to find stuff on TVN's tracker. If it's not left in Japanese, it is bundled together with another episode/movie and usually poorly labeled. For example, the Zyuohger Animal Wars/Doubutsu Taisen specials were fantastic but probably were missed by most since they'd have to get the episode that they were packaged with.

As for Tokujo, thanks! I'll have to check it again. I downloaded and watched the first two parts, but there are supposedly four total.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I watched the Beast Riders special

Please tell me the Ouja figuarts comes with a lead pipe, and if not, recommendations for how to give him one

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/03/japans-reaction-to-the-power-rangers-movie-trailers/

“Hey, this is the song from Saints Row the Third.”

“Do those people really like Zyuranger that much?”

“I thought It’s Morphin Time was from Go-Busters?”

“At least it looks better than Dragon Ball from a few years ago, right?”

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

:agreed:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2017/03/japans-reaction-to-the-power-rangers-movie-trailers/

“Hey, this is the song from Saints Row the Third.”

“Do those people really like Zyuranger that much?”

“I thought It’s Morphin Time was from Go-Busters?”

“I would like for Japanese special effects to learn from overseas productions. The camera work, CG, and writing are inferior here.”

“It seems much more interesting than Japanese Sentai.”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I may not be the biggest fan of the movie's design sense, but by God, it has a nonzero chance of not being a dumpster fire and I am going to go into that theater and give it a fair shake.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1221340507981727&id=124106217705167

Yes

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I watched Kamen Rider 4 today. Wow, that was really good. Serves as a nice epilogue to Faiz, even more so than the last Super Hero Wars movie that had Takumi as a major character. I was pretty happy to see Kaido play a large role as well (and also surprised I immediately remembered his name when he showed up). Definitely pretty happy with it.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Please tell me that Figuarts can get the license for this,please!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's been a very long time since I've seen Hiroshi Fujioka and thought "Segata Sanshiro". :allears:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So the Kamen Rider Brave Special is about the tonal dissonance between 00's Heise Rider and 10's Heisei Rider.

also

Hiiro will apparently work healing magic to get rid of his assistants' horrifying disfiguring injuries but Emu needs to heal from being beaten with a pipe like a normal person.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I can't believe the new Amazons are in Super Hero Taisen :allears:

also

TFRazorsaw posted:

So the Kamen Rider Brave Special is about the tonal dissonance between 00's Heise Rider and 10's Heisei Rider.

also

Hiiro will apparently work healing magic to get rid of his assistants' horrifying disfiguring injuries but Emu needs to heal from being beaten with a pipe like a normal person.
I think you'll find, if you consult your heart, that Emu is only getting the quality of care that he deserves :colbert:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

This comment got me thinking and yeah, now that I think about it, Den-O was really where Heisei Rider changed pretty drastically. While there had been some goofy comedy stuff in Kabuto, generally 00's Heisei Rider was pretty serious stuff. Den-O was also where they started re-focusing on multiple forms for the main Rider. Kuuga and Agito did that, but it kind of disappeared after that. Like, Ryuki only had one suit change, Survive, Hibiki only had Armed, and I think Kabuto only had Hyper too. Other than that it was a small mid-season upgrade (Jack and Accel) and then the final form (King and Blaster).

Then after that it seemed like every series had to have a thousand forms and at least one character whose sole purpose in the show was to be the comic relief. The only one that really broke this trend to any degree was Gaim, which for a show about dancing fruit samurai was pretty light on humor outside of Bravo, though it did still have a bunch of different forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Kuroto is the best Kamen Rider villain in forever and possibly franchise history. I don't really care for Ex-Aid's cast that much beyond Kuroto, but holy poo poo, he is an amazingly effective, entertaining villain. :allears:

Emu is a total idiot for trusting him for a single second, but what else is new? Dude isn't too bright.

• Locked thread