Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

I kinda hate that name.

Like, actual low key loathing.

It's not just that it's a bad fantasy name, but it doesn't fit. These aren't ancestral weapons, or ancient religious artifacts, or anything of the sort. This is a rusty old shotgun you duct-taped to a grenade launcher.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with naming your fancy rifle, but even with all the star-warsing, Mass Effect is science fiction of the sort where the use of weapons is fundamentally pragmatic. This is your rifle, there are many like it. Naming it is a personal thing, and done with some degree of humor, or at least recognition of the absurdity. (You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only pussy you people are going to get. )

That kind of name feels very out of place, even for an asari. And no other species even gets that close to having an excuse.

You're mad that someone named their Mass-Effect Andromeda weapon after a meme from World of Warcraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

I kinda hate that name.

It's not just that it's a bad fantasy name, but it doesn't fit. These aren't ancestral weapons, or ancient religious artifacts, or anything of the sort. This is a rusty old shotgun you duct-taped to a grenade launcher.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with naming your fancy rifle, but even with all the star-warsing, Mass Effect is science fiction of the sort where the use of weapons is fundamentally pragmatic. This is your rifle, there are many like it. Naming it is a personal thing, and done with some degree of humor, or at least recognition of the absurdity. (You will give your rifle a girl's name because this is the only pussy you people are going to get. )

That kind of name feels very out of place, even for an asari. And no other species even gets that close to having an excuse.

It's a world of Warcraft meme.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

You're mad that someone named their Mass-Effect Andromeda weapon after a meme from World of Warcraft

As I am unfamiliar with World of Warcraft, I was unaware of this.

That makes everything much better. That is, in fact, the right kind of stupid, and I was a fool to think otherwise.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
My handgun is named Phallumax, Turgid Vessel of Spooge

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

chiasaur11 posted:

Don't be too quick to judge. Here’s the twist, and there is a twist: They show it. They show all of it. Because what’s the one major thing missing from action games these days? …Full penetration. Guys, Bioware's gonna show full penetration and they're gonna show a lot of it! I mean, we’re talking, you know, graphic scenes of Ryder really going to town on this hot asari lab tech. From behind, 69, anal, vaginal, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, all the hits, all the big ones, all the good ones.

The only thing big on Ryder is his head, though, so you won't actually see much.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

My handgun is named Phallumax, Turgid Vessel of Spooge

Guilty Compensation and Talisman Against Fear, Over Regulated

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

chiasaur11 posted:

I kinda hate that name.

:allears: I love this thread

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Oh come on, like we aren't all going to have at least one gun named Jessie.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
More like world of SNOREcraft

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I'm going to name my weapons after spaceships from the Culture novels, because I have no imagination.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
im going to name my guns the way I name my word docs and excel spreadsheets, in a way that maximizes the potential for confusion

gun1, gun2, gun, gunfinal, gunfinal2, gunfinalrevised3, gun_final

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hot cakes ITT.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

chiasaur11 posted:

I kinda hate that name.

Someone on twitter asked the dev if they could fit long names and gave that as an example so that was the one they used, hope this help's

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

marshmallow creep posted:

So apparently the names you can put on crafted items are quite long:

I wonder if you can spice them up with HTML tags like in FO4.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
my gun will be the 'we'll bang, okay'

it works on so many levels

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Can stick dick in aliens, doesn't matter if the rest of the gameplay is terrible

Put the nomad model in your butt

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

I kinda hate that name.

Don't be too quick to judge. Here’s the twist, and there is a twist: They show it. They show all of it. Because what’s the one major thing missing from action games these days? …Full penetration. Guys, Bioware's gonna show full penetration and they're gonna show a lot of it! I mean, we’re talking, you know, graphic scenes of Ryder really going to town on this hot asari lab tech. From behind, 69, anal, vaginal, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, all the hits, all the big ones, all the good ones.

Source your quotes

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

chiasaur11 posted:

I kinda hate that name.

What if Ryder could literally smell crime

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Do you need 6 or 7 Andromeda Initiative videos to qualify for the helmet? I thought it was 7, with the last unlocking recently, but I can only see 6 available.

What's this? Can we get some gear from watching these videos?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

omg chael crash posted:

What if Ryder could literally smell crime

Love crimes? Depending on the air filtration and laundry on the Tempest that might not be too hard.

omg chael crash posted:

Cosmetic helmet. And a Nomad skin for registering(?). The videos take like 15 minutes total, you can run them in the background.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
a lot of posters seem on the verge of mentakl breakdown over this game. pls relax with nice video game romances like jack from mass effect2 or tali from mass effect 2 and mass effect 3

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

chiasaur11 posted:

I would say

:getin:

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I'm holding out hope that I will be able to see Drack's lovingly rendered krogan quad.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

chiasaur11 posted:

I kinda hate that name.

fuckin lol

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Mass Effect: Andromeda -- like, actual low key loathing

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

neonbregna posted:

Put the nomad model in your butt

On it, fam. I'm doing some stretching now in preparation

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
more like poo poo Rider :twisted:

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

marshmallow creep posted:

Mass Effect: Andromeda -- like, actual low key loathing

:yeah:

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Any sense of which Ryder's likely to have the better VA yet, or too early to tell? That's how I usually pick between options in RPGs when given a choice.

Lollerich posted:

I'm going to name my weapons after spaceships from the Culture novels, because I have no imagination.

So Much For Subtlety... :v:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

Liam: A former cop, among other things, Liam fulfills the unfortunate role of early BioWare companion who says a lot of obvious things and asks eye-rolling questions in order for exposition to be delivered to you, the player, who unfortunately cannot be trusted to remember things for whole seconds or form simple connections, due to years of over-stimulation and instant gratification. Hopefully he improves as time goes on. He does not bang dudes and stated this explicitly when I tried it on.

Certain people on the internet are so angry because of this

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

That's not why I'm angry #whitegenocide

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Is there a quest where you find out you gave an entire colony space STDs and have to race to deliver an anecdote?

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

Arglebargle III posted:

Is there a quest where you find out you gave an entire colony space STDs and have to race to deliver an anecdote?

Hopefully. That sounds like a legit TNG episode.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Arglebargle III posted:

"Hey, sorry I gave all three thousand of you the space-clap. Speaking of space-clap, though, there was this one time..."

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I just want a cool shootmans with space people and lots of adventure and intrigue and I think it will probably deliver on these modest wishes.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Arglebargle III posted:

Turns out this was the planet of no vaccines and, well, none of you can really resist now, can you?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

omg chael crash posted:

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative

Sign in with your EA account, scroll down to "view briefings."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Arglebargle III posted:

Ah, the famed Riker Maneuver.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SgtSteel91 posted:

Ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I still can't believe the main characters are loving space siblings. Unless you can kill space dad its the dumbest.