Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
didn't even know he was fighting werdum. bummer. ah well. ngannou could step in. he's pretty much ben rothwell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lE_eaXV1r4

ever seen a retarded guy cut a promo?

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
He'll get a retroactive TUE. Doctor prescribed him birth control to stop his period when he was whining about other fighters using PEDs

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

jay z's sedan posted:

He'll get a retroactive TUE. Doctor prescribed him birth control to stop his period when he was whining about other fighters using PEDs

lol

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lol

mewse
May 2, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

ever seen a retarded guy cut a promo?

Anik isn't blameless in that cringefest with his stick-to-the-script-at-all-costs gameplan

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

mewse posted:

Anik isn't blameless in that cringefest with his stick-to-the-script-at-all-costs gameplan

It's called professionalism

mewse
May 2, 2006

-Atom- posted:

It's called professionalism

If he were a professional he would be named Mike T Goldberg

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

hahahaha when was this? who was this?

That was when Jared "J-Rock" Rollins got pissed at War Machine, and kicked in his door and they got into it. That then lead to them having a FOTN at the season finale.

Also it's gonna be funny when Ben Rothwell comes back in four years at 40 years old and goes right back to being a top ten-ish heavyweight.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

chaleski posted:

Also it's gonna be funny when Ben Rothwell comes back in four years at 40 years old and goes right back to being a top ten-ish heavyweight.

you can't lose a step when you've never taken two in a row uninterrupted to begin with

ojaman
Feb 16, 2011

mewse posted:

I remember he did this when interviewing a female fighter who I believe was french and didn't have the greatest English. She even told him she couldn't understand something he said and he seemed unable to simplify his language at all and kept speaking in weird idioms. I think he might just be an actual robot.

ojaman fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 8, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis announced for UFC 211 as well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Memento posted:

Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis announced for UFC 211 as well.

I don't see Sergio doing well.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

1st AD posted:

He has good double leg takedowns and top control, in the clinch and on the bottom he stinks.

Pretty much everybody stinks on the bottom, unless they like just showered.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

You guys are being mean to my best special needs friend Big Ben Rothwell and I would like to politely ask that you stop and respect his privacy in this difficult time, thank you all for your understanding

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
lmao the way anik cluelessly sandbags him and amplifies the awkwardness is still the best

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Bubba Smith posted:

He's supposed to get like 4 years minimum suspension right? Cause that'll be the 2nd drug test failure. Not sure how pre-USADA stuff gets factored in with new ones. Either way he's 35 and... actually after a 4 year suspension he'd still be like average age for a heavyweight.

Na, 2 years unless something else comes up. It's under the current system, previous violations don't count.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Skip My Posts posted:

i dont remember aything but it was a black dude gettin mad and he said something like, "a prank's a prank but doo doo is personal"

It was Jared "J-Roc" Rollins, who did a traditional TUF flimsy door break on his way to confront War Machine.
They got to have a grudge match over the upper decker on that TUF finale. That fight (which apparently was J-Roc's last) was gassy as poo poo and War Machine managed to gut it out, earning a modicum of respect from me.

e: whoops, soundly beaten

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.facebook.com/RothwellFighter/posts/1237081773008125

quote:

With the recent news received from USADA I would like to take this time to let everyone know, I have been under the care of a physician and trying to overcome a medical illness. I would appreciate the chance to show that I have not cheated nor did I intended to cheat. Please hold your opinions of me until all the facts are out. I appreciate everyone's support as I go through the process with usada.
Thank you,
Ben Rothwell

weird that all these steroid users have legitimate medical issues that they forget to tell anybody about until test positive

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

weird that all these steroid users have legitimate medical issues that they forget to tell anybody about until test positive

It's asthma.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm in the best shape of my career, also forget I said that before my fight, I was actually very ill and sick and that's why my testosterone level was considered high for a bull shark, because of all the medicine that this doctor I just found now through this bluecross website prescribed me 6 months ago

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i had an illness, a medical illness in fact

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also Brandon Vera is totally going to be back in the UFC in like the next year and that's hilarious

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

He's finally gonna make good on his promise to be a two-division champ

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Uncle Dana has a point:
http://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/dana-white-puts-tyron-woodley-in-his-place-over-complaints-about-ufc-promotion/

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Triticum Guzzler posted:

He was drinking Josh Barnett's piss to cure his thirst for piss.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Yeah Dana's 100% right and Woodley's a loving toolbox for claiming that anything other his timid, lukewarm, boring performances have anything to do with him not being promoted better.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also Brandon Vera is totally going to be back in the UFC in like the next year and that's hilarious

Arlovski was a joke for a while too, then he came back and merked 4 people in a row.

Vera has always been weird but it wouldn't shock me to see him become competitive.

Didn't realise Rothwell got caught juicing in 13.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

true. its a proud tradition

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

literally no one in the history of history has ever knowingly committed a crime

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

BlindSite posted:

Arlovski was a joke for a while too, then he came back and merked 4 people in a row.

Vera has always been weird but it wouldn't shock me to see him become competitive.

Didn't realise Rothwell got caught juicing in 13.

For suuuuuure lost to Schaub

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Arlovski's resurgence was a little bit overstated, though the Browne beating was really entertaining. The people I know who really talked him up were, weirdly, Fedor fans who needed to prove that Arlovski is good in order to prove that Fedor's win was really important and relevant.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

i dont remember aything but it was a black dude gettin mad and he said something like, "a prank's a prank but doo doo is personal"

That was the Warmachine season iirc, I remember the guy you're talking about saying something like "why you gotta bring doo doo into it?" :laugh:

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
File a writ of just let him bang bro

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Lmao

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
People who got busted for steroids earlier in their careers are very susceptible to mysterious illnesses for which the cure is taking some steroids

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Who posted the list of best PED excuses? It's been awhile and could probably use updating.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
If you aren't ready to kill someone in a car crash to get a TUE you don't have the mindset of a champion

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Trast posted:

Who posted the list of best PED excuses? It's been awhile and could probably use updating.

the best ones turned out to be legitimate. in cycling there was an australian guy who tested positive cos the chemist who capped his (actual) medication was handling banned substances before. and there was a guy who ate beef in china and tested positive for clenbuterol cos they inject cows with it over there to make them bigger. frank mir tried that excuse with kangaroo meat but they dont actually farm kangaroos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
This is cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP-Zc2NX8Io

• Locked thread