Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Let's blame Gabriel for more stuff. Abraham's death, the zombie apocalypse; all Gabriel's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

My money would be on Rosita or Sasha surviving so the other could be given a plotline about feeling tormented about it (not a good thing) if both of the actresses didn't have reasons not to come back next season.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
jesus fuckin christ that deer

http://i.imgur.com/Y7JKD7u.gifv

Also, it was really hard to pay attention this episode

Did Rick and Michonne really just murder those golfers for batteries and pretzels?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Did Rick and Michonne really just murder those golfers for batteries and pretzels?

I'm pretty good at paying attention and even I was like, WTF just happened. There was 0 explanation as to how they got all their poo poo.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I assumed they stealthily stole the equipment out of the back of the truck that obscured them.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Which ended up being like an anti-Chekhov's gun - introducing details that end up having absolutely no relevance at all later on. Just have them find a pack of Duracells or something, or loot a dead man's tent. Now there are living golfers who resent you and want their double A's back.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

moist turtleneck posted:

Yeah that was pretty odd. Were they saviors? Just two white dads getting away from the family?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The trash-people episodes make me wanna throw up-up-up.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Yeah that was pretty odd. Were they saviors? Just two white dads getting away from the family?

They were talking about Fat Joey so...

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They should probably subtitle poo poo like that because I couldn't hear them at all

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

jesus fuckin christ that deer

http://i.imgur.com/Y7JKD7u.gifv

Also, it was really hard to pay attention this episode

It seriously looks Birdemic-level bad.
At least Birdemic was on purpose.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I can't tell if this is satire or not. Either way, I don't know why someone would devote this much time to analyzing this show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwdbgNtuWcw

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

clown shoes posted:

Rosita is the worst character.

This but all of the characters

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So I just gave in and watched a few episodes of z nation since you guys talk about it so much.

It's kind of getting off to a bad start with how stupid people are acting 3 episodes in.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Is it just me or does the worst CGI in this show happen during episodes with Trashkru in it? The deer, the bad green screen a couple episodes ago...

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Boris Galerkin posted:

So I just gave in and watched a few episodes of z nation since you guys talk about it so much.

It's kind of getting off to a bad start with how stupid people are acting 3 episodes in.

They're just ahead of the curve. TWD didn't have people acting consistently stupid until a couple of episodes into season 2.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Z-nation doesn't really find its legs until about episode five IIRC.

Man this was a tedious episode. I feel like it's fuller until the finale, which is one of four times they're allowed to advance the story.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The way the garbage people talk is probably the thing that has got me closest to quitting this show. It's embarassingly bad. I'd take a million magic van flips and dumpster glens over that poo poo anyday.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I mean I know I'm not good at haggling but I feel like the garbage people really don't know how to haggle

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't stop laughing

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why did Rick climb up on the thing?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Guy Goodbody posted:

Those traveling carnival rides are death traps now when they are passably maintained by the toothless carnies. Leave them rotting for a couple years and I'm surprised it didn't crumble the moment he stepped on it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Guy Goodbody posted:

To see if the deer was real

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know, with the amount of walkers standing over the gate during that scene, it looked like Rick could have just finished off the ones that were there by just keeping up the same stabbing pace, and that climbing the thing to get a lookout would just put him in a harder position of the things surrounding the base and not being at headstab level. On the other hand, I figured that climbing something to get a lookout might make sense in any of the other scenes so I let it slide. I was fixing popcorn and copying a DVD during the commercial breaks, so I was easier to please than usual that night.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

They should probably subtitle poo poo like that because I couldn't hear them at all

Well, to be fair to you, I was listening to it with headphones on

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I wasn't watching close enough to notice the deer, now that I have it's laughable. Was the deer even important in any way? Did they have to cut and paste a deer in?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Human Crouton posted:

I wasn't watching close enough to notice the deer, now that I have it's laughable. Was the deer even important in any way? Did they have to cut and paste a deer in?

He used the deer to distract the zombies. They ate it while he got away.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

It was a reference to the deer that he saw by the van, but was unable to catch. He really wanted to shoot a deer for Michonne. It was a really inexplicable piece of bad CGI and pointless filler writing that didn't have to do with anything at all, sort of like having the trash people talk like drugstore indians. The way the deer seemed utterly oblivious to its surroundings and deaf/blind to the zombies and the humans battling it out a few meters away was truly stupid as well - I guess someone wanted to tear up a fake deer carcass on-screen.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

S2 of Z Nation is some of the best zombie media ever.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

coyo7e posted:

It was a reference to the deer that he saw by the van, but was unable to catch. He really wanted to shoot a deer for Michonne. It was a really inexplicable piece of bad CGI and pointless filler writing that didn't have to do with anything at all, sort of like having the trash people talk like drugstore indians. The way the deer seemed utterly oblivious to its surroundings and deaf/blind to the zombies and the humans battling it out a few meters away was truly stupid as well - I guess someone wanted to tear up a fake deer carcass on-screen.

Maybe, maybe, they were trying to do a metaphor where the deer was a symbol of Rick's desire to just drive around and gently caress Michonne? And it dying represented reality crushing his dream of the gently caress-van lifestyle?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why are they even trying to work with these retarded oscar the grouch junkyard people?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Rick is the deer, it's a symbol of him becoming complacent and what could happen if he, like the deer, stops metaphorically running to wank and not remain observant of his surroundings.

Every time you see a deer in Walking Dead, you know something bad is going to happen, It's foreshadowing. Chekov's deer. Unless Michonne is walking around with it slung over her shoulders. Then it's fine.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 8, 2017

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Why are they even trying to work with these retarded oscar the grouch junkyard people?

Cannon fodder against Negan?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Ehud posted:

He used the deer to distract the zombies. They ate it while he got away.

But he was already away! The zombies were only coming from one direction.

Oh, I forgot. TWD. lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Boinks posted:

e: Actually all seasons are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmnhzElNsYY

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Jesus that was terrible.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Boinks posted:

Seriously. I can't remember if it's S2E1 or E2 that has the running gun battle throughout the entire episode, but it was awesome.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003

Sammus posted:

Seriously. I can't remember if it's S2E1 or E2 that has the running gun battle throughout the entire episode, but it was awesome.

That was so loving good. Like Blackhawk Down, but with zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

moist turtleneck posted:

I mean I know I'm not good at haggling but I feel like the garbage people really don't know how to haggle

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

To see if the deer was real

Bigass Moth posted:

Rookoo posted:

Cannon fodder against Negan?

But he was already away! The zombies were only coming from one direction.

Oh, I forgot. TWD. lol

clown shoes posted:

Jesus that was terrible.

This.