Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Guys if we ever get forced back in for WWIII and a gas attack comes, just shove the diazepam auto injector in my leg and leave me. Better off that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Guys if we ever get forced back in for WWIII and a gas attack comes, just shove the diazepam auto injector in my leg and leaveput a bullet in me. Better off that way.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
if we ever get forced back in im gonna be the biggest shitbag you ever seen

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Vahakyla posted:

That's what I mean. In case the masks are ever dug out, you can just shave on the way to your duffel bag. It seems like a bullshit excuse, it's not like people are in full MOPP-preparedness out there nonstop just waiting to fight in gas.

And if you look to your left ladies and gentlemen you will see a wild Logical Argument in a recreation of its natural habitat. They're skittish so don't get too close. Unfortunately since their habitat is "people with more brain cells than shoe size" habitat loss had made them all but extinct. The first major loss of livable space for this species was the military, where independent thought as well as desire to improve things for others was victim to slash and burn policies related to promotions.

Sadly, the wild Logical Argument is all but extinct in the military of today. All of its previous habitat is now occupied by the Good Idea Fairy, which we will certainly come across soon.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

TBeats posted:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'd probably die horribly from whatever nerve agent was shot at me before I'd jam that needle in my leg.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Not to mention, if the reason were gas masks, why are beards banned in garrison environments where you literally aren't issued one.

The answer is cause it isn't about gas masks.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

TBeats posted:

You wouldn't be able to taze the opiates out of my mouth.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

mlmp08 posted:

Not to mention, if the reason were gas masks, why are beards banned in garrison environments where you literally aren't issued one.

It's because back when you could grow facial hair, someone got made fun of somewhere in their career for only being able to grow a shameful mockery of a beard, and when they got into the appropriate position said "gently caress all of you."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

TBeats posted:

I set the bar pretty high

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

mlmp08 posted:

Look at this unmotivated soup sandwich who doesn't conduct promask PT in full kit with mmmf-mmmf mmm mmm-mmm mm mmm mmmm mmm mmmmfmm mmmmm mm mmmf mfmmf mmmmmmm. Mm mmmfm mmmmf! Mmmf mmmm mm-ffmm mm-ffm mmm mmm mmfmfmfm mmm!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
VCing a Stryker through Snoqualmie pass while having snow dumped on top of you is not a very pleasant experience

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Mustang posted:

VCing a Stryker through Snoqualmie pass while having snow dumped on top of you is not a very pleasant experience

Why is an officer VCing a stryker? Also try doing it at -35 bitch.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Obstacle2 posted:

Why is an officer VCing a stryker? Also try doing it at -35 bitch.

Platoon leaders are the VC of their own vehicle.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Since when? Every Stryker I was ever in had its own dedicated VC. Granted the PL/PSG/SL would be popping out the other front hatch, but still.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

The Rat posted:

Since when? Every Stryker I was ever in had its own dedicated VC. Granted the PL/PSG/SL would be popping out the other front hatch, but still.

PLs just stood in the squad leader's hatch for their vehicle, but never VC'd.

Just sit your rear end down if you are cold.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I know I've been out a while, but yeah, confirmed, MTOE for a Stryker platoon has a dedicated VC per truck.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-21-11/image625.jpg

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm Cav, I VC my own Stryker as do my section leaders and PSG

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:downs:

Didn't realize cav had it different than infantry.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The Rat posted:

I know I've been out a while, but yeah, confirmed, MTOE for a Stryker platoon has a dedicated VC per truck.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-21-11/image625.jpg

Alright, now do that with half the people, replace half of the E3s with E1s, the other half with E4s, and just remove all of the E5s except for 2. There's reality for you.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

The Rat posted:

:downs:

Didn't realize cav had it different than infantry.

They dont, they just use the terminology wrong.

The VC is the guy who stays in the truck when you dismount, not the PL. Doesnt matter if you are Cav or not.

You always have a dedicated VC regardless of how undermanned you are, you arent leaving a driver alone in a vehicle lol.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
lol MTOE

Kikuchiyo
Apr 24, 2003

Shuttle of joy never forget.

Mustang posted:

Did it the other way coming back from Yakima a few days ago. Enjoy it out there - it's a soupy mess with all the snow that melts during the day and refreezes at night. Not the most pleasant time of the year

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mustang, we should meet up for drinks sometime when you get back. I'd love to get your side of that inevitable cluster gently caress compared to my sides.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Zeris posted:

lol MTOE

MTOE aka manning levels that never actually happen and you're getting twice the amount of equipment that meets half the requirements because 3/4 of it is loving broken.

Do twice the amount of bullshit with half the people you need and a quarter the gear, then get poo poo on because your PSG/PL can't gargle your 1SG's/CO's balls enough by bumping it up to triple the amount of bullshit, 1SG/CO can't manage the extra bit of tongue for the CSM/BC, on and on up the chain of NCOER/OER bullets that have been hyperinflated with worthless poo poo worse than the Zimbabwe dollar.

TBeats posted:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Let me tell you the tale of how I had to explain to a light colonel how one of his S3 guys didn't have NVGs because we only had enough to equip 25% of the company with them, and that would be if they all worked, which they didn't. If I have reallocated that set of PVS-14s, then we wouldn't have enough for the people driving and TCing vehicles to have optics. I explained that he would either have to pull them from one of those guys, or someone from his command staff, and he backed down.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

A Bad Poster posted:

and he backed down.

You had me up until this point, but I have to call bullshit here.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Obstacle2 posted:

The VC is the guy who stays in the truck when you dismount, not the PL. Doesnt matter if you are Cav or not.

You always have a dedicated VC regardless of how undermanned you are, you arent leaving a driver alone in a vehicle lol.
That's what the gunner is for. I don't know how you wacky infantry guys do things, but when you have a whopping four guys on a truck and one of them is an officer, he's gonna be the TC and his rear end is also gonna dismount. The gunner and driver stay on. The truck belongs to the gunner.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Also this:

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

MTOE aka manning levels that never actually happen

By extension, MTOE also doesn't mean that you'll have enough bodies to fill every slot on every truck. Again, this is just from a Stryker cav perspective, but you're lucky if you have more than 80% of your UMR filled in garrison (for various reasons). This is typical (scrubbed, but green/red reflects actual manning):

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon
Man, my FIST PLT in 1-1CD was like 45% strength when I was getting out with PV1/2s acting as FO's in the infantry platoons.
I had to VC for a bradley gunnery for good numbers on the BN's slide deck going to brigade before I seperated. Myself a recently minted CPL who had never done Bradley Gunnery, a PV2 gunner, and a PV1 driver loaned from an Infantry platoon from a line company would go on to score somewhere in the top 1/4th of the battalion. gently caress Table 6 forever, we also had 11 brads go down to mechanical failure since afuckers never do proper PMCS, and that meant other crews wound up using our brad and us having to clean all their poo poo out. I spent the whole time with the constant though of gently caress our score and ever vigilant over not having a negligent Discharge happen. gently caress the 240Cs position behind the screen as well.

Also gently caress the sim, and whatever human being scheduled me for 3 in the morning on saturday and sunday.

TPSDude fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 8, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

not caring here posted:

You wouldn't be able to taze the opiates out of my mouth.

Remember Pigpen from Peanuts? I'm going to look like that only it will be a haze of weed smoke in stead of dust.

They are going to have to change my eye color to red. My loving return body address will be Pluto. SSgt Tendency will have to be changed to SSgt Nelson. Imma have to be moved to AFWA's Space Weather dept. gently caress that. I ain't never going back and will make sure that even if they try to gently caress with my non-reentry code, I won't pass any screen.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Naked Bear posted:

That's what the gunner is for. I don't know how you wacky infantry guys do things, but when you have a whopping four guys on a truck and one of them is an officer, he's gonna be the TC and his rear end is also gonna dismount. The gunner and driver stay on. The truck belongs to the gunner.

The gunner is the VC as you just pointed out, not the PL PSG or squad leader.

Also if cav really deploys with strykers that undermanned they are even gayer and more stupid than I thought. Whole platoon dismounts and you have a squad on the ground?

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 8, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Obstacle2 posted:

False. VC dismounts all the time. Driver stays with gunner.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

TBeats posted:

False. VC dismounts all the time. Driver stays with gunner.

The gunner is the VC.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Obstacle2 posted:

The gunner is the VC.

VC is vehicle commander. Vehicle commander is the person in the passenger seat who is usually the highest rank in the vehicle.

There's no way PV2 dipshit is going to be a vehicle commander.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
gently caress you if you're still in [the VC chair arguing about mtoe]

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Obstacle2 posted:

The gunner is the VC as you just pointed out, not the PL PSG or squad leader.

Also if cav really deploys with strykers that undermanned they are even gayer and more stupid than I thought. Whole platoon dismounts and you have a squad on the ground?
TC and gunner are two distinct and separate slots.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 8, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm out of the army and arguing about distinctions between dumb army things! :hurr:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
every position on every MTOE is slotted for and filled by retards because loving lol if you're still in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm out of the army and arguing about distinctions between dumb army things! :hurr: