Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

El Grillo posted:

Yeah season 2 was great fun. Season 4 regained some of that, but I guess season 5 lost it again. Good to know.
Also to be fair Yvonne Strahovski rocks :swoon: She needs to be in more things.

Chuck never recovered from Sarah ditching the Wienerlicious outfit. Truly a sad moment for mankind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahaha Sir Patrick Stewart looks like Professor Farnsworth

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Americans is more relevant today than it ever was.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I found it very average. A few twists here and there but it's not clear how exactly they're going to draw all this out into a series.

And the ratings were low so they may not get more than this season.

*knocks out Jack the Ripper , then leaves him on the floor without doing anything else like just you know crushing his skull or like tying him up*

I just thought it was terrible.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I like it :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Best quote so far in Leah Remini's Scientology show:

"How do they find us?"
"Tracking airline reservations."
"That's legal?"
"No." [pause] "But you can do it."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jason Isaacs has been cast as the Captain of the Discovery on the new Trek series.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jason Isaacs is great so that's cool. The Captain's not the main character of Discovery IIRC, but still neat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arist posted:

Jason Isaacs is great so that's cool. The Captain's not the main character of Discovery IIRC, but still neat.

I hope Discover is good, but I know it won't be :smith:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Speaking of good the BBC Top Gear started up again and it seems a lot better than last year's shitfest and the tragically bland Grand Tour.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

IRQ posted:

Speaking of good the BBC Top Gear started up again and it seems a lot better than last year's shitfest and the tragically bland Grand Tour.

It's early days, but I think LeBlanc is at ease as the host. I just think they need to find what works best for them now.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I hope Discover is good, but I know it won't be :smith:

Anymore details on why Bryan Fuller left the project?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shageletic posted:

He didn't really "leave" the project. He's just not the showrunner any more. Basically it sounds like the show took a lot longer to set up than he thought it would which also combined with American Gods taking longer to finish.

Edit: Unrelated note but Riverdale got renewed.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shageletic posted:

Nothing outside of the same stuff that already came out -- production kept getting delayed because Fuller kept delaying turning in scripts, CBS told him to poo poo or get off the pot, he walked to focus on American Gods and Amazing Stories..

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Noticing something weird on Hulu. Watching a Fox program and it is actually my local station but for some reason they're using a non-standard station bug.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

April is gonna be a great month for TV. New season of MST3K, Prison Break, iZombie, Archer, Dr Who, Fargo, Bosch, Bill Nye, American Gods, and that's just what I'll be watching.

gently caress April, too much man.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So I'm watching this Netflix Beastmaster show since it was mentioned a bit a few pages ago.

So far they did like 10 minutes of setup and hyping the course, and another 5 minutes of backstory on the American competitors, then loving yada-yada'd through the actual runs for all the competitors!
Why would they need to do this on a Netflix show, where they can make the episodes as long as they like?
Who asked for "a show that's like Ninja Warrior, but with all the parts nobody gives a poo poo about?"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

raditts posted:

So I'm watching this Netflix Beastmaster show since it was mentioned a bit a few pages ago.

So far they did like 10 minutes of setup and hyping the course, and another 5 minutes of backstory on the American competitors, then loving yada-yada'd through the actual runs for all the competitors!
Why would they need to do this on a Netflix show, where they can make the episodes as long as they like?
Who asked for "a show that's like Ninja Warrior, but with all the parts nobody gives a poo poo about?"

It was so poorly edited I could barely make it through an episode. Also as much I like Terry Crews he's a terrible commentator. It felt like a really low rent imitation of Ninja Warrior and similar shows. Like bargain basement stuff.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
That is not the type of show I was thinking when someone mentioned a Beastmaster show on netflix.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bentacos posted:

That is not the type of show I was thinking when someone mentioned a Beastmaster show on netflix.

Marc Singer is mostly blind these days.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
I've never been so excited about a placeholder Netflix title card. :circlefap:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FuriousGeorge posted:

I've never been so excited about a placeholder Netflix title card. :circlefap:

I had no idea what this was and looked it up, saw Joel Kinnaman as the lead and immediately lost all interest.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

April is gonna be a great month for TV. New season of MST3K, Prison Break, iZombie, Archer, Dr Who, Fargo, Bosch, Bill Nye, American Gods, and that's just what I'll be watching.

gently caress April, too much man.

Of those, I'm "only" interested in MST3K, iZombie, Archer, Doctor Who, Fargo, Bill Nye, and American Gods. That's more weekly released TV than I'm used to. Are any of these shows a season dump on Netflix or other streaming service?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MST3K and Bill Nye are both Netflix.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

raditts posted:

That reminds me of that Robot Combat show or whatever it was called. The elevator pitch was humanoid robots fighting each other, but the show was 95% lovely reality TV drama and weird forced 'challenges' and 5% rock-em-sockem fights that looked super faked.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
This week's Inside No. 9 was loving excellent.

For goons out there who've never seen the show before, every episode is completely standalone, so you can just dip in without having watched anything else. They're all different comedy / horror stories -- though they experiment with different kinds of comedy and horror -- written by two of the League of Gentlemen guys (Reece Shearsmith and Pemberton, not Mark Gattiss), who also act in most episodes. The only other thing they share in common is being fairly set bound and claustrophobic. Which doesn't mean that they're not often wildly experimental, like the suicide hotline episode from Series 2, or the silent movie episode in Series 1.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I watched the first episode of the new amazon show Patriot and it was pretty good, great cast and characters, interesting premise with fast plotting, and it has an awesomely dry sense of humor. Hope the rest of the season is just as good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It only gets better.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
So, both Sepinwall and Mo Ryan have absolute blood on the floor reviews of Iron Fist out...

Complete misfire: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/iron-fist-review-netflix-marvel/

Not one element works: http://variety.com/2017/tv/reviews/marvels-iron-fist-netflix-review-finn-jones-1202004027/

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh no. :(

Edit: of course, it's possible they just aren't ready for what's basically Mortal Kombat: The Series.

There are people that think the Mortal Kombat movie is bad, after all..

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh.

Oh no.

:smith:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If Iron Fist doesn't punch through a tank, a helicopter, or at least an SUV, it's a garbage show anyway.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Norwegian Rudo posted:

So, both Sepinwall and Mo Ryan have absolute blood on the floor reviews of Iron Fist out...

Not surprising at all, after those trailers they put out. But be glad: that's 13 hours of all of our lives saved that we can spend on more worthwhile endeavors, like reading a book or just watching better shows!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
How many episodes did they base their reviews on?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Snak posted:

How many episodes did they base their reviews on?

Ryan: 2
Sepinwall: 6

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

guys, it's marvel

it won't be bad.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh god, the fighting is brief and "the worst of all Netflix shows"!? What the gently caress? The whole point of doing Iron Fist after Daredevil was that you wouldn't need dramatic pretense and you could just do a straight action show that was 90% fighting. What the gently caress.

Shao-Lao the Undying is rolling over in its grave.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

BSam posted:

guys, it's marvel

it won't be bad.

It's Scott (Lumberjack Dexter) Buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Norwegian Rudo posted:

It's Scott (Lumberjack Dexter) Buck.

Ironically, if Danny Rand retired from drama to go be a lumberjack in the woods (can there be lumberjacks anywhere else?) It would be a neat arc.

• Locked thread