Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There is absolutely no way in the world that monstrosity has them firing in the same area after a couple hundred metres.... which makes me wonder whether it's terrible, or awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

not caring here posted:

There is absolutely no way in the world that monstrosity has them firing in the same area after a couple hundred metres.... which makes me wonder whether it's terrible, or awesome.

it would take a long rear end time to zero 17 machine guns on a custom mount. if it even has any adjustment mechanism.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
It would be a nice surprise to turn a corner and see that aimed at you

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Homebuilt grenade launcher from somewhere in the Caucasus. Even has a safety!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Looks very safe indeed

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

They used to use Vickers gun batteries as a lovely indirect fire artillery, those were the big water cooled machine guns and supposedly capable of sustained fire until the barrel wore out.

quote:

The 100th Machine Gun Company was among the first to put into practice this long-range barrage technique — at High Wood during the bloody Battle of the Somme between July and November 1916. The company fired a staggering 1,000,000 rounds in just 12 hours.

That’s 10 rounds every three seconds for each of the company’s seven operational guns.

Not quite as cool as just taping a bunch of guns together, but basically the same thing.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425ywoLJgqA

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:ughh:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Ugh, that loving song

https://youtu.be/X1VdqoteK6k

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress Kid Rock. Like holy poo poo play Justin Bieber instead of kid rock.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Someone once convinced a kid I knew in high school that Kid Rock had died that morning in a motorcycle crash and he almost cried.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So he just filled a grill with tannerite?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/CT_operative/status/839897906572374016

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
man, everybody is bitin' our style now.

edited for 200% more -poot- and or CHOOM

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 10, 2017

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

My sex life in real time.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I think they also had s bomber that filled it's bomb bay with ppsh-41's. Like 90 of them.

http://www.guns.com/2013/06/29/the-fire-hedgehog/

quote:

Two Soviet ground personnel, crew chief AV Nadashkevich and lead engineer S. Saveliev thought of an idea to add a removable cassette containing a number of submachine guns to the bottom of a Tu-2 in late 1944.

The Tupolev had both a bomb bay (for up to 3300-pounds of bombs) and could carry another 5,000-pounds in under-wing hard points. This bomb bay was chosen to accept instead of explosives, a wooden skid that held first 48 and finally 88 PPSh-41 submachine guns, oriented to fire downward. Arranged in 11 rows of eight guns each, the entire affair could be preloaded in the workshop and then raised into the bomb bay of the plane with ropes. A special sight was installed in the cockpit that allowed the pilot to line up the target before depressing a solenoid that fired all 88 of the subguns at once. It’s unclear who named it, but it’s gone down in history as the Fire Hedgehog, for obvious reasons. The single experimental plane that carried it was designated a Tu-2Sh.

At a rate of fire of 900 rounds per minute (x88 PPSh-41’s mounted on the cassette), you have a theoretical rate for fire of 79,200 rounds per minute. That’s a lot of firepower, in fact, its 1,320 rounds per second. Of course, each of the mounted subguns only had a 71-round drum mag, which allowed for just over 4-seconds of fire, but before you could say supercalifrangibleballistics, that’s 6248-rounds of incendiary steel-core ammo fired on your head.

With the maximum speed of about 250mph when loaded, the Tu-2Sh could dump these six thousand rounds out over a space of about 1800-feet long and about four feet wide, almost certainly hitting anything inside that kill box. It was thought that the best target for this type of attack would be on a German train. It could strafe the entire length of one from engine to caboose and in seconds turn the whole affair into Swiss cheese, with a Russian aftertaste.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

This is mind bending. My brain says American and then the AKs register. :psyboom:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

(I thought it was American when I posted it but then I saw the camo AKs)

There's a few more pictures in the twitter thread as well

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:stare:

http://m.imgur.com/qWIzouk?r

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Surprised the Hornet had enough thrust to take the pilot's massive cast-iron balls airborne.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

I like to rip on pilots as much as the next guy, but they have my respect, that approach is terrifying.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NOPE NOPE NOPE

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
IIRC that hornet is being autolanded, the pilot isn't actually flying that approach.

Still gotta have brass balls to sit through that and trust the computer to just slam you onto the deck instead of into the fantail though.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
What's the little Jesus-fish marker that pops up after they touch down above the g meter mean?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Angle of attack. I'm not sure what makes it show up at that point vs already being on, though.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Godholio posted:

Angle of attack. I'm not sure what makes it show up at that point vs already being on, though.

With most other odd procedural things near landing, "probably in case of a go-around." I bet part of the procedure on leaving the front of a carrier is something like "pitch to alpha max."

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GgrGvqYUjY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mixAYpdZwRE

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Looks like a Dodge to me.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

If it's ridin' low it's ready to blow.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

New Battlefield looking good.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I love that IS propaganda throws in the kill symbols

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I'm watching on my phone, but did that guy just climb up and shoot a loving RPG into the turret BF2 style? Holy poo poo

E. Watching closer it's not an RPG, rifle launched grenade?

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 13, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I'm watching on my phone, but did that guy just climb up and shoot a loving RPG into the turret BF2 style? Holy poo poo

E. Watching closer it's not an RPG, rifle launched grenade?

I don't think any launched grenade would have detonated from that distance (and it would have killed the shooter anyway), but incendiary 7.62x39mm ammo is everywhere so it may have been that.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
How are the Iraqis so *incredibly* bad at fighting?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think any launched grenade would have detonated from that distance (and it would have killed the shooter anyway), but incendiary 7.62x39mm ammo is everywhere so it may have been that.

Interesting, thanks. It seemed even more obviously dangerous than the typical stuff those guys do.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

my kinda ape posted:

How are the Iraqis so *incredibly* bad at fighting?

Inshallah

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Compilation of GoPro close combat footage from ISIS soldiers. Obviously, :nws: for killing (both the cameramen's victims and the cameramen themselves). Some pretty crazy footage from a variety of sources. One dude gets his hand perforated by grenade shrapnel and doesn't seem too bothered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Compilation of GoPro close combat footage from ISIS soldiers. Obviously, :nws: for killing (both the cameramen's victims and the cameramen themselves). Some pretty crazy footage from a variety of sources. One dude gets his hand perforated by grenade shrapnel and doesn't seem too bothered.

Someday I hope there is GoPro footage of dudes getting raked by a Warthog, or maybe running from an AC-130.