Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The white day event is just a rerun of last year, so just Amakusa and Astolfo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
So, following you guys' suggestions for teams, I am destroying everything ridiculously fast, even with 60-70 dudes over some 80-90. Zhuge Liang went from 60 to 80 and goddamn it's a lot of fun to use him. He works with anything from Lancelot to Scathach, Ozymandias and Nero Bride.

Thanks for that!

Secondly, is it possible to use the pre-ascended avatars once you have evolved them or am I stuck with Velvet-kun forever?

Finally, is Fenrir from the last pantheon any good?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You can choose the sprite from their status screen.

Fenrir is like lite-jalter minus ten level and crit boost. Hits hard like all avenger, but very low hp. Worth grailing it though if you want the closest thing to jalter.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Nyaa posted:

You can choose the sprite from their status screen.

Fenrir is like lite-jalter minus ten level and crit boost. Hits hard like all avenger, but very low hp. Worth grailing it though if you want the closest thing to jalter.

I wasn't looking in the right section for the sprites, thanks!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fenrir can remove buffs from an enemy which is really handy against a few servants/bosses. besides that his main difference from jalter is that his np is quick and not buster, and that his cards are QQ/AA/B and not BB/AA/Q.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
If you press the arrows on the card art, you can change the art that shows in the selection screen.
The first subscreen has the selection options for the command cards and minicard, the third subscreen lets you select the combat sprite.

It's kind of ridiculously customizable, who the hell would have the command cards not match the card art and/or sprite.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

If you press the arrows on the card art, you can change the art that shows in the selection screen.
The first subscreen has the selection options for the command cards and minicard, the third subscreen lets you select the combat sprite.

It's kind of ridiculously customizable, who the hell would have the command cards not match the card art and/or sprite.
i keep mordred in her armor in the sprite but have the card art and command cards have her face revealed

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Kyte posted:

i like to have archer anne bonny wearing her big red outfit on her command cards but use her first sprite and card art

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Btw numbers got put out p recently for FGO rateups and how many people rolled on them

It should surprise no one that Jalter is the highest one on her own banner while MHXA's was stuck with a ton of other servants, keep in mind that these numbers move from the playerbase's growth so there's gonna be a lot of lower ends numbers in the earlier years

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder why some have such a significant difference between Android and iOS.

It's surprising Gil wasn't elevated much compared with pre-Gil.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 4, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

women are more likely to own an iphone than men? that's all i got. it does seem to vaguely bare out with stuff like swimsuit tama being more popular for android users and merlin being more popular for ios users.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 4, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There might be some baring with that, I'm a lady with an android and I got Swimsuit Tama.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

women are more likely to own an iphone than men? that's all i got. it does seem to vaguely bare out with stuff like swimsuit tama being more popular for android users and merlin being more popular for ios users.

Huh, now that you mention it a lot of the more cute/sexy-ish female servants seem to have sold more on Android compared with other servants.

The huge gap with the first Jalter is a little weird. Almost double the iOS sales.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

It's surprising Gil wasn't elevated much compared with pre-Gil.

iPhone users likely have more disposable income, and/or are more willing to whale hard on mobile games. There's not much of a trend with particular servants, since most of the results show iOS users spending a lot more (look at the numbers for JAlter :captainpop:)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

HiveCommander posted:

iPhone users likely have more disposable income, and/or are more willing to whale hard on mobile games. There's not much of a trend with particular servants, since most of the results show iOS users spending a lot more (look at the numbers for JAlter :captainpop:)

I mean, some servants have almost the same for iOS vs Android, while others have almost double the iOS sales compared with Android. So the discrepancy isn't consistent across all servants.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It's probably whale.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Time to start hellgrinding. At the end of Babylon and I'm starting to use quartz on the Bel Lahmu fights. I should in the very least get Tamamo and Daddylot to max level. Got a whole bunch of other servants to level but I don't think I have the materials to guarantee ascending them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

alternatively, women love maaya sakamoto

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I thought it was Kenichi Suzumura who loved Maaya Sakamoto.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
He does, but he has rivals for Maaya Sakamoto because she is so loved

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

alternatively, everyone loves maaya sakamoto

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I was rewatching Fate/zero the other day with a friend and it occurred to me that they don't explain Angra Mainyu. Like, at all. They drop the name a couple of times but never elucidate what they're talking about. You're left with Kirei rambling insanely about how it wants to be born before the show has ever made clear what "it" really is. Obviously if you're already a Type-Moon fan you'll know what's going on but the friend I was watching with was like, "why is the grail full of evil black blood that goes all End of Eva on you? Did Lancer's curse do this?" It's just weird, after how much trouble they go to to establish the really basic stuff like "this is what a servant is, these are what servants there are, this is how the war works, this is what a noble phantasm is", stuff that you could probably figure out just by watching, but they don't ever really come out and say why precisely the grail is so hosed and monkeys paw-ish to Kiritsugu.

I mean I can understand why they didn't want to get super into the distinction between the grail vessel and Great Grail, and Avenger and all that, but would it really have killed them to give the cliff notes version of the Third War? It's just weird that they don't bother to explain the basic plot point that causes the catastrophe at the climax of the show. Was the book this evasive about what is going on as well?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the reason it doesn't explain any of it is that f/ha was written after fate/zero, so urobuchi didnt know what the gently caress either

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Endorph posted:

the reason it doesn't explain any of it is that f/ha was written after fate/zero, so urobuchi didnt know what the gently caress either

Was it? I thought F/ha was like 2005 and F/z a couple years after that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hollow Ataraxia was before the FZ novels yeah. I don't think Urobuchi really focused much on it in general because chances are if you were reading the prequel novels to FSN, you were already familiar with what the gross grail monster does and Ufotable just made an adaptation, it didn't really try to fill space like UBW's did.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there going to be any new content after the weekly update tomorrow?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Hollow Ataraxia was before the FZ novels yeah. I don't think Urobuchi really focused much on it in general because chances are if you were reading the prequel novels to FSN, you were already familiar with what the gross grail monster does and Ufotable just made an adaptation, it didn't really try to fill space like UBW's did.
Maybe Urobuchi was writing the drafts while F/HA was being written? becuase the f/z materials have this line:

quote:

Some additional information: during the time when Zero’s plot was being set, apparently the setup of Angra Mainyu in Hollow wasn't well-known yet. How in the world the author came up with "that ending", even for us, couldn't be scarier.

Ytlaya posted:

Is there going to be any new content after the weekly update tomorrow?

just the white day repeat gacha (amakusa and astolfo rateup), no event to go with it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

FZ and FHA were written concurrently, with FZ being delayed a bit because, as Urobuchi put it, "it'd be wrong for this spinoff to precede Fate proper" or something like that.

There's some slight nods to Zero in FHA for that reason.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Mortiarty's rad. I'm sad that I won't be able to draw him for a long time now. He also fully opens up an Evil Crit/Arts team.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Endorph posted:

just the white day repeat gacha (amakusa and astolfo rateup), no event to go with it.

Hm...the worst gacha.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Astolfo gave the best Valentine gift, too bad he's got terrible ingame stats.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Compendium posted:

Astolfo gave the best Valentine gift, too bad he's got terrible ingame stats.

Only because there's not a stat for fluffiness.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Argas posted:

Only because there's not a stat for fluffiness.

Asterios would win that, though. He da fluffiest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

astolfo has the best stats in the game in terms of how much i want to kiss him (the only stat that matters)

once you start using anything above a 3* they can just bruteforce anything in the game with their stats so what's it matter

that said, rip to the bronze/silver servants who also have bad skill setups

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There are some bad 4-5*s too and just because they're gold doesn't mean you'll have an effective unit especially if you're lacking in certain classes and have to mooch off of your support list (loving Assassins and Lancers....)

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

double post but holy poo poo Prototype Arthur is here and the dude CEs are amazing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Compendium posted:

double post but holy poo poo Prototype Arthur is here and the dude CEs are amazing
our boy has finally come home

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Rolled a few tickets, got Arthur.

Why couldn't I have had this luck with MHX Alter :smith:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
And Kawasumi voices Merlin during Proto-Arthur's NP. The madmen actually did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

So thats it? 2 weeks of nothing after 2 weeks of nothing after 2 weeks of repeats? Meh