Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I drank a lot last night and had a bad case of the beer shits this morning. I thought it was all out of my system but while driving to work, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" came on the radio. I never realized how much bass was actually in that song, but this morning the vibrations went straight from my speakers into the floor, up my legs and into the seat. It rumbled my rear end in a top hat enough to the point where I had to get out of my car and take a liquid poo poo on the side of an extremely busy road. Luckily I had a few McDonald's napkins in my car to wipe with.
gently caress Cindy Lauper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got the HG Hashmal model kit, and it only came with one Pluma. Which wouldn't be a huge problem, except that Bandai doesn't make a standalone Pluma kit. Even thought the Pluma in the Hasmal kit is on it's own sprue, completely separate from the Hashmal parts. The box even shows the Hashmal surrounded by a swarm of Pluma, like in the show. But there's no way to get more Pluma aside from just buying a bunch of Hashmal kits, which is crazy

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got the HG Hashmal model kit, and it only came with one Pluma. Which wouldn't be a huge problem, except that Bandai doesn't make a standalone Pluma kit. Even thought the Pluma in the Hasmal kit is on it's own sprue, completely separate from the Hashmal parts. The box even shows the Hashmal surrounded by a swarm of Pluma, like in the show. But there's no way to get more Pluma aside from just buying a bunch of Hashmal kits, which is crazy

Hm, yes. Anime is blood.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My daughter won't go to sleep in the $130 swing we bought explicitly for this purpose.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Just turn down your drat radio

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My boss who is quitting is trying to poach me to the company she's going to work for and I'm having a very hard time coming up with a list of reasons to say no.
But it's a big pay increase which makes me afraid it'll interfere with my disability check :ohdear: I can't work more than 24 hours a week, OR make more than X amount of take-home pay per month. And I don't actually know what the numeric value of X is...

is this one of those If I get this new job i'll be payed more but be disqualified from medicaid/ebt and the pay increase isn't enough to cover it? I'm unfamiliar with how ssdi works.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If I get the new job I'll get a higher average paycheck, but 16 hours will become my new weekly limit. I would make more if I were scheduled for a full 24 at my current location... But I'm not. At the other place, my limit has to go down or I'll violate the 'x amount of take-home pay per month' part of it.

Basically, stay here: smaller average paychecks, occasional big ones.
Go there: bigger average paychecks, but no more big ones.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I would rather get a reliable paycheck amount

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Reliable paycheck is much better, as it's easier to budget around (though I totally get wanting the occasional big one).

I'm hungry, but I'm also really comfortable in bed right now.

Also my body did that stupid thing it does every now and then where it decides it only needed about 4 hours of sleep to be fully rested. I feel fine now, but I know it'll kick my rear end in about 12 hours.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
The place I was going to buy textbooks at seems to have closed down, and the Coles near my bus stop just doesn't stock the avocados I want anymore I guess :shrug: They still have organic ones but theyre smaller and at $2 more apiece they can get hosed.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I made a bunch of pulled beef and every second I'm at home it's a physical act of will to not just eat it all.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I made hobo pizza for dinner and don't have any oregano and had to use thyme and basil. Hope it comes out ok.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I can't decide how I want to fit my new 3DS into my life. Do I lug it around with me to pick up Streetpass/steps/coins thing? Or do I just keep it at home since I'm generally already lugging stuff around and I really don't want to lose a system accidentally?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Outrail posted:

I made hobo pizza for dinner and don't have any oregano and had to use thyme and basil. Hope it comes out ok.

It wasn't too bad.

Then I had some hobo cake and now today's gym visit was for naught.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Are you a hobo? And was the "gym" you fleeing from the grocery store with your stolen goods?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The Amazon app defaults to using gift cards and THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE IT TO MY AMAZON POINTS CREDIT CARD. I have the premiere card where I get 5% back in real dollars and so, no, I want to use that card to get the points because its a LOT of dollars, and the app doesn't let me change it. I can't click the button, it won't let me. It's either some bug in the app or they are assholes that make me have to go to my computer to use it to be able to chose the right payment method.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:29 on Mar 7, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Also ,visual voicemail is absolutely worthless and i have to click on the messages like 10 times if I want to listen to them, and 999999.9% of the time it just backs out and doesn't even play the message so I have to keep clicking on it a billion times just for it to even start. Oh and then sometimes it just cuts out in the middle of the message.

gently caress you apple, you're probably doing this just to make me ~upgrade to the newest phone~gently caress you I am mad.

Oh yeah and my microwave is a piece of poo poo, it worked for about 2 weeks and now it just blows the circuit every 2 minutes or so so I have to keep re-turning on the power strip back on after it flips it off. And I'll heat up a small thing and the side feels like it's 200 degrees. Thank god I have a power strip that flips but at the same time it's so annoying that I have to keep turning it back on. I can't afford a new microwave so I'm just perpetualy going to have to stand in front of this piece of poo poo while I cook anything.

DO NOT EVER BUY APPLIANCES AT WALMART

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:09 on Mar 7, 2017

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Thin Privilege posted:

The Amazon app defaults to using gift cards and THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE IT TO MY AMAZON POINTS CREDIT CARD. I have the premiere card where I get 5% back in real dollars and so, no, I want to use that card to get the points because its a LOT of dollars, and the app doesn't let me change it. I can't click the button, it won't let me. It's either some bug in the app or they are assholes that make me have to go to my computer to use it to be able to chose the right payment method.
Any device with an Amazon app probably also has a browser.

Then your problem would be ugh, to order this the way I want to I have to use a tiny screen.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

Also ,visual voicemail is absolutely worthless and i have to click on the messages like 10 times if I want to listen to them, and 999999.9% of the time it just backs out and doesn't even play the message so I have to keep clicking on it a billion times just for it to even start. Oh and then sometimes it just cuts out in the middle of the message.

are you able to just call your own mobile number to access your voicemail? I hate that my phone has a specific app for voicemail and it's the only way that I'll see notifications of messages but I can still call my own number if I need to.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Are you a hobo? And was the "gym" you fleeing from the grocery store with your stolen goods?

I'm not a hobo I just like cooking improv food.

Hobo cake is flour, butter, cocoa powder, sugar, milk and an egg mixed into a mug and microwaved for a minute with a spoon of ice cream on top. It's as good as cake plus warm and cheap.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Thin Privilege posted:

Oh yeah and my microwave is a piece of poo poo, it worked for about 2 weeks and now it just blows the circuit every 2 minutes or so so I have to keep re-turning on the power strip back on after it flips it off. And I'll heat up a small thing and the side feels like it's 200 degrees. Thank god I have a power strip that flips but at the same time it's so annoying that I have to keep turning it back on. I can't afford a new microwave so I'm just perpetualy going to have to stand in front of this piece of poo poo while I cook anything.

DO NOT EVER BUY APPLIANCES AT WALMART
Take it back for a refund or replacement, it is clearly defective.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
My apartment's office is open from 8 to 5 on weekdays, and I'm at work from 8 to 5.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I accidentally hurt one of the stray cats that live in my parents' yard :smith:

It was absolutely not my fault (and she doesn't blame me since she let me pet her less than one hour later) but I still feel terrible :smith:

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I am finally correcting a longstanding vitamin d deficiency and I realize I might have been a productive graduate student all along if I'd just taken the drat supplements consistently

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

coronatae posted:

I am finally correcting a longstanding vitamin d deficiency and I realize I might have been a productive graduate student all along if I'd just taken the drat supplements consistently

Is it really that noticable? Can you elaborate on this?

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

It's gone a long way towards relieving my seasonal depression, and my head feels clearer, like I'm coming out of a fog I didn't know was there. Impaired cognition can be a symptom of vitamin d deficiency. It's entirely possible it's all in my head but after a month of the supplements I feel more awake than I have in a long time

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I recently like tripled my vegetable intake and jesus I am so loving gassy all the time

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mikl posted:

I accidentally hurt one of the stray cats that live in my parents' yard :smith:

It was absolutely not my fault (and she doesn't blame me since she let me pet her less than one hour later) but I still feel terrible :smith:

The famous quote is "even a dog distinguishes between being stumbled over and being kicked," but I assure you, it's true of cats as well. Be at peace.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I ordered something very important and it says it's on the truck for delivery but I want it now. now. NOW!!!

And then what if the truck driver is lazy and is like, "eh it's end of the day, gently caress the rest of these packages" so I'd have to wait another day.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thin Privilege posted:

I ordered something very important and it says it's on the truck for delivery but I want it now. now. NOW!!!

And then what if the truck driver is lazy and is like, "eh it's end of the day, gently caress the rest of these packages" so I'd have to wait another day.

It's happened a few times for me, but what really grinds my gears is when they just mark it as delivered and bring it by the next day, making it seem like it was either stolen off my porch or delivered to the wrong address. I literally had a customer service person at Lasership tell me that "probably he marked it as delivered so he wouldn't get dinged for not making all his deliveries."

OTOH I've had same-day delivery packages that showed "shipping today" until like 6PM and then when I give up for the day, I go take out the trash at 9PM and it's sitting on my doorstep so who the gently caress knows with those guys

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I had a bank employee make a mistake that led to me seeing another person's information. She did the same thing when she thanked me for pointing it out. Then again when I pointed that out. And once more for good measure.

Like Jesus Christ lady, stop touching the stove

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Gloryhold It! posted:

I had a bank employee make a mistake that led to me seeing another person's information. She did the same thing when she thanked me for pointing it out. Then again when I pointed that out. And once more for good measure.

Like Jesus Christ lady, stop touching the stove

Seems like the two of you have organically set up an identity theft racket ready to roll.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I ate corn and peanuts yesterday (not together), and didn't realize it, but today I'm pooping like crazy and frankly it's rather annoying.

I'm also out of paper towels. This has nothing to do with the above mentioned pooping, but it is annoying.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I may be losing my job soon due to compounding issues affecting my performance (Multiple, poorly scripted or under trained accounts on top of my main one, 12 hour days leaving me mentally, emotionally and physically drained by the end of them and having very few colleagues on the weekend, and of them I'm the most knowledgeable on one of the more annoying accounts so pressure there too on top of weekends being very busy partially because of only having 2 or 3 people in..). Luckily I'll be able to get a government credit after while looking for a new one (If it comes to it) that will at least pay the main bills, so I'll just need to be careful with smaller expenses like food and clothing, while applying for new jobs, however long it will take.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If I were to get a new job, I would have to take a very small pay cut but then my earning ceiling would go up significantly.

I've been trying for so long to get a new job but I'm up against people with multiple/advanced degrees.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I moved states to help build and run a very small startup with a family member; it's fun and the opportunity to make tons of money definitely exists, but it's also completely unrelated to the field I went to college for.

I stay optimistic but lurking deep down is the knowledge that if things don't work out I'll be trying to break into a super-competitive STEM field with a degree from 2008 and 8 years of employment in an unrelated field where my job reference would be a blood relation

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Thin Privilege posted:

I ordered something a week ago and they just got around to shipping it yesterday. If I get lucky, it might show up here by Saturday. It wasn't terribly important, but come ooooon. The worst part is that my Prime subscription was up a week or two before I placed this order, and I chose not to renew because I felt like I wasn't making much use of it. Now it's like they're purposefully dragging their feet to convince me to come back. gently caress you, Amazon. <:mad:>

Also, sometimes when UPS delivers here they don't even try and just mark it "business closed" but this is a goddamn residence what the gently caress you guys

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Our cats have worms. No idea where they got it, everyone lives inside. And so our foster kittens and cat were exposed, so everyone gets medicine. Plus my kitten Bug has a UTI, so vet trip this Saturday. Thank all the gods I already got my 50lb bag of food grade diatom earth for backup worming.

Nests changed in Pokemon Go, and all the ones around me are poo poo. I bought a zoo membership for the great spawns there; last one was Horsea. This one is the loving Paras crab. I wonder if the zoo notes how some weekends it is loving crazy busy and other, no one has their phones out. They make bank on this game.

As for deliveries...I loving HATE IT when I have a delivery to a home business, and it's a mechanic. Because I go to the house, no one is there. I hit the mechanic garage, no one there. Because everyone went from one building to the next, so we miss each other like some poo poo romcom. I also loooove COD orders. No, i can only take checks, sir, stop offering me the sweaty 20 dollar bills and asking if I can make change. Do I look like I have a register on me?

Also, gently caress the third party couriers like Dynamex and Intelliquik, the ones who mark DELIVERED when they pick up orders, and orders may or may not show up on time if at all. I deal with so many angry people who are missing packages because someone used a third party service, and some fucker in a 1988 Ford shoved their box in the cab and drove away. Five hours ago.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

I bought a zoo membership for the great spawns there

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
High winds in my area knocked out the power this afternoon. It went from a brownout at 2 or 3 to blackout between 5 and 6. Still no power.

Seeing streets so close by that aren't affected makes me feel like I'm being mocked.