Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

OWLS! posted:

xenforo is when the lead dev of vbulletin has a hissy fit and does it RIGHT THIS TIME DAMMIT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

hifi posted:

What the gently caress i thought the library of congress thing was a joke but its real?

i'm really looking forward to my surviving descendants being able to read a post i made about delivery pizza from the wax cylinder they risked their lives to scavenge from the wind-ravaged hellwastes beneath a sky that never stops burning

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

FamDav posted:

there's a difference between charging you out the nose and loving you over a barrel

fair

both oracle and microsoft are very bad tho

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

mishaq posted:

fair

microsoft licensing is bad like being in line at the dmv

oracle licensing is bad like being waterboarded repeatedly across a number of days of sleep deprivation, all the while hoping your wife and kids made it through customs without you

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm hoping they save all my posts so ray kurzweil can resurrect me in a tornado of faeces and anime

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

microsoft licensing is bad like being in line at the dmv

oracle licensing is bad like being waterboarded repeatedly across a number of days of sleep deprivation, all the while hoping your wife and kids made it through customs without you

well in the oracle scenario i've had sex so that one seems preferable.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Luigi Thirty posted:

the gently caress is xenforo
a miserable little pile of add-ons

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

Gazpacho posted:

a miserable little pile of add-ons

counting down to acquisition by Atlassian

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

counting down to acquisition by Atlassian

jira, confluence and bamboo are good

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Xenforo is epic and ftw

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mishaq posted:

confluence good

negative. bitbucket is also bad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hipchat was the only tolerable atlassian product

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

I hope the forums rewrite is going well

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
did u know: the general forums stylesheet has >260 style rules bound to particular forums

including some for the GBS graveyard that haven't been applied to neo-GBS

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I hope the forums rewrite is going well

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

mishaq posted:

fair

not even close. oracle is the scary story you tell your CIO before bedtime. the fortune 500 is starting too slowly (glacially) move their way off of oracle database, and hopefully there is a contender for ERP in the future that can obliterate whatever revenue stream remained.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

why not just give some homeless people $5 each to sit at a computer and copy and paste goldmined posts into a .txt file? that's all that's worth saving.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

this thread really is the closest yospos gets to humorlessly roleplaying being an actual spergy computer forum

burning swine
May 26, 2004

triple sulk posted:

hipchat was the only tolerable atlassian product

haha what

an IM client incapable of displaying more than one conversation at a time

it's bad

You've reached the end of your viewable chat history. Switch to HipChat Plus for unlimited access.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mishaq posted:

jira, confluence and bamboo are good

..examples of poo poo software.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
we use jira, confluence, and bitbucket and they all blow rear end (esp the first two)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Jira and confluence the applications work great but there are some serious pains in the rear end wrt the server management, especially ldap auth.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

med school head posted:

we use jira, confluence, and bitbucket and they all blow rear end (esp the first two)

actually, they're good

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Shaggar posted:

Jira and confluence the applications work great but there are some serious pains in the rear end wrt the server management, especially ldap auth.

shaggar is 100% right, especially the part about LDAP. confluence still chokes on nested security groups, afaik

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i don't respect your balls OP

pram
Jun 10, 2001

med school head posted:

bitbucket is straight up a joke. cant search code in tyool 2017 lmao

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
you're just gonna clone the repo anyway right?

burning swine
May 26, 2004

pram posted:

bitbucket is straight up a joke. cant search code in tyool 2017 lmao

you can but it's so awful and ineffective that there's no reason to bother

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
jira and confluence have been a massive improvement over what i used at my last job: rally and phabricator

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
why is confluences editor so bad

also lol if youre job involves janitoring jira

burning swine
May 26, 2004

the confluence update that deprecated wiki syntax turned thousands of pages of our documentation into pure garbage

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

shaggar is 100% right, especially the part about LDAP. confluence still chokes on nested security groups, afaik

for me its not so much that it chokes on nested groups its that it cant handle looking for groups in multiple base OUs. For me I can either set the base dn to be the root in which case it imports loving everything cause of course it loving does or if I limit the scope to my user OUs then it cant get to security groups outside those OUs.

the LDAP sync I wrote for JIRA 3 worked better and I had no idea what I was doing back then

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
oh yeah and we used mojo as a wiki (poo poo) and servicenow for tickets

and irc for chat
\

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

irc is good though. mellenials are mad they cant post memes in it but gently caress that

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

oh yeah and we used mojo as a wiki (poo poo) and servicenow for tickets
tell me about servicenow

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

service now is good as long as you have full time people to develop for it

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Gazpacho posted:

tell me about servicenow

We just merged our service now with another department's service now and all of it is trash

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
More like service no, service later etc

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

hifi posted:

irc is good though. mellenials are mad they cant post memes in it but gently caress that

irc warms my heart every time i start it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

med school head posted:

i mostly hate bitbucket but it's ci thing (pipelines?) is inexplicably great

• Locked thread