Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Am I the only one that likes the Wii-u tablet and ergonomics

No, I love it too, and I dearly wish I could keep using it for Splatoon 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Real hurthling! posted:

if your cart slot stops reading games, repeatedly plugging in headphones can spark it back to life somehow since they seem to share the same failure prone part of the pcb.

You can also fix your YLOD problems by modding in red LEDs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

gently caress it. Bought Shovel Knight TT. :toot:

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Okay okay I finally could not resist, and I licked my Zelda Switch cartridge. Couldn't taste anything. I might be immune to it?

Has anybody else licked the cart and come away unscathed?

You should see a doctor because obviously there is something wrong with you.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

No, I love it too, and I dearly wish I could keep using it for Splatoon 2.

Would be cool if the switch was just a new wii-u tablet or some poo poo somehow the processing power and graphics are pretty much the same idk just making poo poo up. There's just so many good games on the wii-u

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Two things.

The first, does anyone know of any bluetooth adapters for the headphone port that are tiny? I'm loving the Switch but it's a shame that I can't connect it to my headphones and the only adapters I can find online have a big old boxes at the end.

The second, I never get why I don't like Shovel Knight that much. I absolutely love 8 and 16 bit platformers but there's just something about it that means I don't keep playing it obsessively the way I would with something like Megaman 9.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Two things.

The first, does anyone know of any bluetooth adapters for the headphone port that are tiny? I'm loving the Switch but it's a shame that I can't connect it to my headphones and the only adapters I can find online have a big old boxes at the end.

The second, I never get why I don't like Shovel Knight that much. I absolutely love 8 and 16 bit platformers but there's just something about it that means I don't keep playing it obsessively the way I would with something like Megaman 9.

There are these things in China:

It seems to work okay for a lot of people, haven't tried it myself though. I bought a different one that sucked

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 8, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think I saw this mentioned on Reddit for the switch

Mpow Bluetooth Receiver Streambot Hands-free & Wireless Car Kits for Home/Car Audio Stereo System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AGQMQC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Lh-Vyb01ZJ7CC

That's a receiver, not a transmitter.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK Shovel Knight is pretty much perfect on the Switch in handheld mode

Can't wait for Faux-Advance Wars :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_O9Py2QK3E

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's a receiver, not a transmitter.

Err

Mpow Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter/Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless Audio Adapter for Headphone, Speaker,etc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KXIKCSI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yo-Vyb59BTTEP

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I don't know how reliable bluetooth audio transmission might be since there's bound to be a lot of 2.4G interference close to the Switch, don't expect miracles if you buy a cheapo adapter

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Err

Mpow Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter/Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless Audio Adapter for Headphone, Speaker,etc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KXIKCSI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_yo-Vyb59BTTEP

Oh, sorry, should have read it closer. Yeah, that one should do the trick.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

MiddleOne posted:

That this didn't get caught in product development loving baffles me.
There's only so much you can do to account for stupid people. The straps literally have a little "+" and "-" on them to show which joycon you're supposed to connect them to.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

irlZaphod posted:

There's only so much you can do to account for stupid people. The straps literally have a little "+" and "-" on them to show which joycon you're supposed to connect them to.

If a lot of people "hold it wrong" then maybe your design is at fault, not the people.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

I agree, but I don't think getting it wrong should destroy your controller, forever

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Infinitum posted:

OK Shovel Knight is pretty much perfect on the Switch in handheld mode

I don't think anything beats the 3DS's 1:1 pixels, D-Pad and 3D (if you want it.)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
When is neogeogames come to America store?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I went to the Y and used an elliptical while playing Switch yesterday. An ArsTechnica article said Shovel Knight was perfect for it but it was highly throwing off my rhythm pretty bad. Zelda, though, was amazing while on an elliptical. I was doing a quest trying to take a torch from one end of a mountain to another, and it was intense, every time a Moblin skeleton or fire Keese appeared I started pedaling like crazy, as if that would make me go any faster

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Spellman posted:

I agree, but I don't think getting it wrong should destroy your controller, forever

It doesn't destroy it. The problem is that the joycon release buttons are counter-intuitively not necessary to release the strap and in fact make it harder to remove. I can easily put them on and take them off from either direction on my Joycons.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Spellman posted:

Yeah, it sucks that it seems to be messing up the rails, but again you can only account for so much when designing something. Maybe they should have found some way to prevent people putting them on the wrong way (like the way 3DS cards had a little bit sticking out to stop you inserting them in a regular DS). Hopefully future revisions will iron out stuff like this.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

You're going to be glad for the 'matching two things' intelligence test when the team based games start coming out.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Have we seen this guy who tried fairly hard to scratch his screen using the dock (and keys) but failed? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231653404&postcount=3216

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Wendell posted:

Have we seen this guy who tried fairly hard to scratch his screen using the dock (and keys) but failed? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231653404&postcount=3216

Soon we will discover that they used two different screens for the Switch and you never know which one you're gonna get until you buy it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zonekeeper posted:

It doesn't destroy it. The problem is that the joycon release buttons are counter-intuitively not necessary to release the strap and in fact make it harder to remove. I can easily put them on and take them off from either direction on my Joycons.

Yeah the crazy thing is I have told people elsewhere this numerous times and even linked Nintendo's support page on the issue that explicitly states this and they are still "Nah I'm not going to risk it, you gotta press the button. You're doing it wrong."

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

I don't think anything beats the 3DS's 1:1 pixels, D-Pad and 3D (if you want it.)

I'm blind as a bat, so giant screen in bed with no glasses in is a big win for me :v:

I'm really hoping we'll get homebrew running on it in the next few months. Gonna SNES it up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ehud posted:

Soon we will discover that they used two different screens for the Switch and you never know which one you're gonna get until you buy it.

Well we know they used a single supplier. Something that's a good brand with a forgettable name like "Japan LCD" or something. So it would be odd for there to be two different screens.

I wish console warriors on other forums that shall remain nameless would stop assuming every person claiming a defect with a Nintendo product is lying or has an agenda, and alternatively other console warriors assuming every Nintendo is defective and an inherently broken experience.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap launches April 18th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwy351pLXas

Heisenberg1276
Apr 13, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

My wife put it on backwards at first - because in most situations things only fit one way.

It's poorly designed. Especially for something to be used by kids.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:bisonyes:

Of the 2 Wonderboy games coming, Wonderboy and Monsterboy, Dragon's Trap looks the far more enjoyable game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can't wait to find out the secret of his power and save the mucky muck land.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There were two games that could make you proud of being raised a Master System kid. Dragon's Trap was one.
Now let's get a remake of Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I would be pretty happy if they just ported over the entire Wii U library. I just wanna play Wind Waker again.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would honestly like a Skyward Sword HD port as I've never played it.

Then also port Link Between Worlds, because I want a top-down Zelda on the Switch :v:

Then make more Zeldas

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Heisenberg1276 posted:

My wife put it on backwards at first - because in most situations things only fit one way.

It's poorly designed. Especially for something to be used by kids.

:aatrek:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Harlock posted:

I would be pretty happy if they just ported over the entire Wii U library. I just wanna play Wind Waker again.
I would be pretty happy if they didn't spend their limited first party development time porting over a game which was in HD on their previous system.

I mean, even if they got someone else to port it for them, it just seems like a waste.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I would honestly like a Skyward Sword HD port as I've never played it.

Then also port Link Between Worlds, because I want a top-down Zelda on the Switch :v:

Then make more Zeldas

I'm like 70 shrines into BOTW and I'm really not sure where they take the series from here. I'm not sure how they top this without taking it in another completely new direction.

*That's 70 shrines with 3 areas of the map I haven't even been to, with my map marked up with "hey that looks interesting" features all over the place still. I've never had so much trouble trying to decide what to do in a game (and have relegated that duty to the partner).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HD Gamecube games would be nice if they outsourced them to a 3rd party team to port them to the eshop.

Super Mario Sunshine HD :swoon:
Super Mario Strikers HD :syoon:
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD :swoon::syoon:

Or you know... new games in those series :v:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They're already spending precious development time porting over games in HD on their old system like Mario Kart 8 and the Splatoon engine. What's another game.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Decius posted:

If a lot of people "hold it wrong" then maybe your design is at fault, not the people.

No no, there are that many idiots/ADDs/stupids. You have to literally be a dullard to do this wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jebediah posted:

No no, there are that many idiots/ADDs/stupids. You have to literally be a dullard to do this wrong.

Good product design caters to the idiots.

• Locked thread