Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I am extremely in for this class.

she looks like a baby birb :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cythereal posted:

She would have been a solitary researcher in Prothean ruins at this time going by what she says in ME1.

And I wrote my thesis on 17th century French theatre but world governments aren't calling me up and asking me what I thought about Tartuffe.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

exquisite tea posted:

Isn't Liara still some nobody grad student at the time this Pathfinder mission would be chartered?

BexGu posted:

It's best not to think too hard about those type of plot holes.

I'm just hoping we get to deal with a Krogan/Asari that was awake for the whole 600 year trip.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah pretty much. Her narrating an audio history is kinda weird.

Liara is a nobody grad student when the Initiative is conceived. By the time it launches (between ME2 and ME3) she's considerably more important

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Walrus Pete posted:

"Hey, sorry I gave all three thousand of you the space-clap. Speaking of space-clap, though, there was this one time..."
"This mission really takes me back...to that time I gave Mesagom-3 the clap."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Pattonesque posted:

Liara is a nobody grad student when the Initiative is conceived. By the time it launches (between ME2 and ME3) she's considerably more important

Yes but not for her historical research, for becoming a crime boss. It remains weird.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yes but not for her historical research, for becoming a crime boss. It remains weird.

It's good to know Liara could take a break from gathering all the information available to her as the leader of a shadowy information network to prevent the extinction of all sentient life in the galaxy, to narrate some codex entries about popular Asari formal ware.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I love the "wait a minute but mankind just got onboard with galactic civilization" posts

Mass Effect had a ridiculous problem of scale: although 99% of the galaxy was uncharted, somehow it has been wholly claimed by the Citadel and almost half of it was Alliance space by ME3. Also humans haven't been in space for like 50 years?

Andromeda could be an opportunity to not fall into those holes again but what are the odds :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's the mass effects fools

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yeah pretty much. Her narrating an audio history is kinda weird.

It's how she paid her way through space grad school.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
The worst part about Mass Effect is humans. Humans, humans humans everywhere it sucks and is bad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

She's banging the hero of humanity. Strings were pulled.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

Nope, the AI was started like 10 years before Mass Effect 1 and was purely about exploring the Andromeda galaxy and establishing a trade route between it and the Milky Way galaxy

I don't know how andromeda.com will stay in business with 600 year shipping

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gasoline posted:

The worst part about Mass Effect is humans. Humans, humans humans everywhere it sucks and is bad.

I'm glad your homeworld blew up

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If they have Cryosleep chambers, do they also have cloning? Why even bother with breeding these species if you can just pop up the generations right now?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I am cautiously optimistic about this game. The dialogue and some of the characterization irritates me, but if the story as a whole is good I could enjoy it. I'm hoping the new setting and removal of the overarching Reaper plot facilitated this.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Crabtree posted:

If they have Cryosleep chambers, do they also have cloning? Why even bother with breeding these species if you can just pop up the generations right now?

They have cloning, yes. Saren was cloning krogan in ME1 and two of your squadmates in 2 are clones.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Gasoline posted:

Humans are the white people of Mass Effect.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

fridge corn posted:

I thought the Andromeda initiave was like a plan b to escape the reapers?? I really haven't been paying much attention

Yay, everyone thought this, but apparently not.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Replace all romances with decisions about what you want your clone to look like tia

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Cythereal posted:

They have cloning, yes. Saren was cloning krogan in ME1 and two of your squadmates in 2 are clones.

Miranda (kind of pushing the definition of "clone" a bit) and who else?

edit: oh, duh, Grunt. Also kind of pushing the definition, in that he's built out of a variety of ancestors.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Rare footage of Tiny Ryder graduating pathfinder school.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
some more gameplay footage

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/08/exploring-3-of-mass-effect-andromedas-vast-worlds-ign-first

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Walrus Pete posted:

Miranda (kind of pushing the definition of "clone" a bit) and who else?

edit: oh, duh, Grunt. Also kind of pushing the definition, in that he's built out of a variety of ancestors.

That's actually closer to real cloning than just popping out a duplicate of another person. :eng101:

Though we also got the scifi variety of clone in Evil Shepard so all bases are covered.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Rare footage of Tiny Ryder graduating pathfinder school.

Jerk didn't even do anything, Dad just looked at him and said "approved".

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Can you have sex with the same alien multiple times in different positions until the cutscenes get boring and the alien starts saying their ocellus aches and you go jerk off in the space toilet thinking about one of the sexy octapods at the trading outpost you saw the toher day?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Can you have sex with the same alien multiple times in different positions until the cutscenes get boring and the alien starts saying their ocellus aches and you go jerk off in the space toilet thinking about one of the sexy octapods at the trading outpost you saw the toher day?

dunno yet

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

So they just took the thresher maw and made him some three legged worm from the Bay Transformers movies? Boring.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What really steams my buns is that we're going to the Andromeda Galaxy when there are dozens of smaller galaxies that are much closer. Tore away my ability to feel human etc.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Mass Effect would've been a lot better if Asari were white people by virtue of discovering the citadel first. Humanity should be mexicans.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

4k screenshots from nVidia and settings screens.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-pc-graphics-settings-4k-screenshots

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Andromeda needs more job creators

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

careful you'll drive hedrigall to death by dehydration

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!
I would have liked to see a thresher maw with no explanation. They just made it to Andromeda on their own.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

epenthesis posted:

I would have liked to see a thresher maw with no explanation. They just made it to Andromeda on their own.

Accidentally brought one over with the first 3 arks, unfortunately.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Admiral Ray posted:

Accidentally brought one over with the first 3 arks, unfortunately.

Just add water, fuckers just grow like crazy.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

epenthesis posted:

Aren't they plants that fly in space until they land on a planet?

Yeah, just have one who flew thousands of years from the Milkey Way and landed on a planet in Andromeda

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

epenthesis posted:

is there a reason you're ruling that out

Serf
May 5, 2011

epenthesis posted:

Clearly they had their own advanced civilization in a previous cycle and sent over their own arks to Andromeda.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Looks like a mix of medium and high for my 970 @ 1080. I don't see a locked frame rate option but I'll take stable 30fps with a few more graphical upgrades over 60hz and lower options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Or, in keeping with the clear and plausible possibility of Cerberus funding/involvement: They put thresher eggs onto the other Arks to gently caress them over so that humanity would have a huge leg up on colonial expansion.