Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If anyone needs a good way to think about this election, it was Feudal Lords vs the Empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
whos winning tho they all look the same from here

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ape Fist posted:

fake edit: Alex Jones loving hates the conspiracy theory that he's Bill Hicks. He's addressed it several times.

this makes that whole thing even funnier to me and I'ma keep spreading it around

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lunixnerd posted:

I like to believe that when you are rich and powerful you like to sometimes just gently caress with people, basically massive world changing pranks that sometimes results in a couple million pleb deaths. You can indulge yourself because you have all the time and money in the world. The idea that you should not ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity does not apply to the rich and powerful.

bro steve jobs died because he thought juice would cure his cancer

some of them are even dumber than the average joe because they were born into a lifestyle that is completely disconnected from the reality everyone else is living in. they're just people.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Is this the official pro trump thread now?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Over There posted:

Lol if you don't think president Trump is the best thing that happened to the US for the last 100 years. Just lol man. Lolling at your stupidity. How does it feel to be a squirming hillary cuck ?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
trump has generated more lol worthy content than anyone i can think of and this is only the beginning

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Over There posted:

are you implying that we're racist? i find that term to be extremely offensive, and its language like that, that led to trump's victory. white genocide ends now.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I :heart: President Turnip

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Look at this moron on twitter

quote:

strongest consecutive months for hiring since August and September 2015

looks like the nutjobs are right and trump really comes from a different timeline

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Moridin920 posted:

trump has generated more lol worthy content than anyone i can think of and this is only the beginning

God drat it's only been ~2 months!?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

No and please stop asking

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Look at this moron on twitter

looks like the nutjobs are right and trump really comes from a different timeline

The Sep-Oct 2015 is quite the jump. Not that Trump isn't a wacko but he's at least in the ballpark on this one.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

The Sep-Oct 2015 is quite the jump. Not that Trump isn't a wacko but he's at least in the ballpark on this one.

jan and feb 2017 are actually even less strong than june and july 2016

sorry you never learned to count. makes sense you would think trump is not far from the truth here

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

sorry you never learned to count. makes sense you would think trump is not far from the truth here
i mean, even if this month had the highest rate of hires in the last five years, only confirmation bias compounded with an extremely simplistic understanding of the world could lead to the conclusion that trump, who has been in power for two months, would be responsible for such a phenomenon

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

There's no data for Feb on the chart. Or are we counting the month before?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Kjoery posted:

confirmation bias compounded with an extremely simplistic understanding of the world

There it is. The common denominator between Trump and those who voted for him.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

There's no data for Feb on the chart. Or are we counting the month before?

The data was actually posted ITT by a trump fan in the form of a meme

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Job growth has beat expectations for the past 2 months and this is somehow shows how much of a moron Tromp is

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
You guys are missing the big picture here, it isn't about numbers. Numbers lie. It is about being Right. When you're right you're never wrong. K?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he's a moron bc he is taking credit meanwhile he hasn't even appointed most of his staff yet because he is worried about their twitters being too anti-trump or some nonsense - IE it has nothing to do with him

seriously mnuchin is the only fuckin' one at the treasury department right now l m a o

Trump is doing his standard "take credit for poo poo I have nothing to do with actually" strategy and people are falling for it still bc people are shitbirds.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

a bone to pick posted:

this is somehow shows how much of a moron Tromp is

Trump IQ is correlated to job creation ???

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The healthcare plan was already destroying every insurance company not massive enough to weather the storm

The plan was for only the juggernauts to remain, where they could monopolize the market and jack prices up

They were on their way to doing exactly that.
Humana and Aetna tried to merge into one supergroup but it was blocked by a judge. United and others pulled out. Obamacare went from 6 or so health plan providers down to 3 depending on the state. The cost of plans was going up from 20% to 50% every year. The majority of "cheaper plans" were plans that cost $300-$600 a month with $4,000 to 7,000 deductibles. There were two things Obamacare eradicated however: lifetime maximums and riders on pre-existing conditons.

More than anything I want to love Obamacare because I use it and have been to hell and back with it but its turned into a failure.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Lt. Tanaka posted:

They were on their way to doing exactly that.
Humana and Aetna tried to merge into one supergroup but it was blocked by a judge. United and others pulled out. Obamacare went from 6 or so health plan providers down to 3 depending on the state. The cost of plans was going up from 20% to 50% every year. The majority of "cheaper plans" were plans that cost $300-$600 a month with $4,000 to 7,000 deductibles. There were two things Obamacare eradicated however: lifetime maximums and riders on pre-existing conditons.

More than anything I want to love Obamacare because I use it and have been to hell and back with it but its turned into a failure.

It's not a failure, it's doing what they wrote it to do, it's a success for the architects

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The data was actually posted ITT by a trump fan in the form of a meme

Oh haha yeah I immediately dismissed it.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
Guardian Wires just privated this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk

I guess the reaction to it didn't fit the ~narrative~

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

George W. has been busy this week. Where did he come from all of the sudden?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2017/03/08/george-w-bush-portraits-of-courage-usa-today-best-selling-books/98854506/
http://www.alternet.org/right-wing/rehabilitation-george-w-bush
http://fair.org/home/george-w-bush-now-on-right-side-of-press-corpss-nostalgia-machine/
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/30354...ent-alien-files
http://onlineathens.com/2017-03-07/albom-george-w-bush-gives-needed-lesson-laughter
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/3/07/can-we-stop-fawning-over-george-w-bush
http://www.ibtimes.com/george-w-bush-royals-former-president-calls-prince-harry-charming-2504553
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/mar/06/george-w-bush-art-painting-portraits-in-courage?page=with:img-2

There's many more this is just a sample.

solar energy panel fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 8, 2017

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Did you ever notice that just prior to a military coup, a former leader suddenly appears in the limelight again??

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dude is on a book tour. Unsure what is amiss here.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Fog Tripper posted:

Dude is on a book tour. Unsure what is amiss here.

lol ok

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Over There posted:

no this the official lol trump's hosed thread

every 2-6 weeks for the next 4-8 years somebody will post something that is FINALLY going to take trump down then everyone has a giggle when he MEEP MEEPS down the highway in an orange and yellow blur

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
trump hosed status: utterly unfucked

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
thats a really good pepe, but someone didnt pay attention to their transparency layer

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

The tweet mentions LinkedIn, the website company, and their stats, not any national stats.

The web net interprise company Linked In has had a good 2 months of helping ppl find jobs through their job finder facebook clone bullshit.

In other words, our long national nightmare is over.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Yeah the meme I posted is based on ADPs (handles payroll for pretty much every business in America) internal numbers and projections. Actual government job report is due out on Friday. If it is as good as ADP is projecting, which it probably will be, there is likely to be a rate hike. And yes, I know he's only been in office for two months and it wasn't him, I just thought it was funny.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

I just thought it was funny.

Too loving late for that frogboi! You're cooked or should I say boiled. I'm hopping mad at the likes of (pond) scum such as yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Poetic Justice posted:

Yeah the meme I posted is based on ADPs (handles payroll for pretty much every business in America) internal numbers and projections. Actual government job report is due out on Friday. If it is as good as ADP is projecting, which it probably will be, there is likely to be a rate hike. And yes, I know he's only been in office for two months and it wasn't him, I just thought it was funny.

Noticed the sheet said nonfarm jobs. How is the Midwest?

• Locked thread