Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Nice. Horizon is a pretty good starting point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, I was kinda excited about the Crash Bandicoot remaster - I loved those games as a kid and it's the sort of thing my partner would love to try, but something seems...off about the footage. Can't figure out what's bugging me about it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The Armored Core 2 series was really good, slow customizable mech combat for the time with fairly long mission design. It hasn't aged super well but I hope the new game is a more modern take of that and not the frenetic flying Macross-esque combat that was in the 4 and 5. Not that that isn't fun in its own right but the slow, deliberate combat of 1/2 was so good.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

poptart_fairy posted:

Man, I was kinda excited about the Crash Bandicoot remaster - I loved those games as a kid and it's the sort of thing my partner would love to try, but something seems...off about the footage. Can't figure out what's bugging me about it.

I am probably the most hyped goon for the bandicoot comeback there is and i feel the exact same. Something isn't quite right and i can't place it. Still gonna be a day one purchase though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Loutre posted:

Then I get to spend an ungodly amount of money and time catching up on years and years of console exclusives. :toot:

You're basically set for the next two or three years with he PS4 and that's just stuff that's already out. Best console I've ever owned.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
crash is a day 1 purchase for me. But the images so far make it seem a little bit sluggish maybe?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ramagamma posted:

I am probably the most hyped goon for the bandicoot comeback there is and i feel the exact same. Something isn't quite right and i can't place it. Still gonna be a day one purchase though.

Sefal posted:

crash is a day 1 purchase for me. But the images so far make it seem a little bit sluggish maybe?

I think that might be it, now you mention it. Maybe it's just my brain remembering the game as a lot faster than it was, but the animations on Crash and the enemies don't seem to be moving that fast - not just general gameplay things either, but even little stuff like Crash raising his eyes seems slow.

I dunno. I'm still looking forward to it. :shobon:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You're basically set for the next two or three years with he PS4 and that's just stuff that's already out. Best console I've ever owned.

I'm still not sure if it beats out the SNES or the PSX for me but it's drat close. If they keep on doing what they've been doing for the past few months in terms of getting really good exclusives, it'll be the best.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

poptart_fairy posted:

I played it at PSX and it was really good. Controls felt right and the graphics looked good in person. I wish they did more texture work and made it more detailed but considering this is Activision I'm just happy we are getting what were getting and I hope it sells well enough to revive the franchise.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The coolest thing about PS4 is you and I have almost completely opposite tastes in video games and I also consider it the best console ever. It has games for everyone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The coolest thing about PS4 is you and I have almost completely opposite tastes in video games and I also consider it the best console ever. It has games for everyone.

:hfive:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Man the ps4 is great, Yakuza is great, Tiranfall 2 is great, that weird anime fighting game i bought is great. Persona 5 is gonna be cool, i haven't even thought about Horizon or Nioh yet.

I haven't been this excited to rush home and get get a playstation controller in my hands on a daily basis since GTA3.

gently caress yeah to videogame :hfive:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am very happy for this thread and I also want to proclaim my love for the PS4! :D

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's the EU model number of the good 4K tv?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Samsung KS7000 I believe

Edit: https://tweakers.net/product/488445/samsung-series-7-ks7000/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheers

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Loutre posted:

Then I get to spend an ungodly amount of money and time catching up on years and years of console exclusives. :toot:

My PS4 library is already roughly equivalent to that of my Xbox 360 which I've owned for about 8 years. I've owned my PS4 for less than 6 months, it's absolutely crazy.

Between Bloodborne, Horizon, Uncharted, The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, Journey... Sony is really, really good at providing excellent exclusive content.

PS4 (+ gaming PC if you like Blizzard/Valve titles) is definitely the way to go this generation and you made the right choice. :hfive:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Spare a thought for our fallen brethren who bought XBOX 1s :(

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Holy moly Nier Automata is ugly as sin coming from just having beat Horizon

The fetch quest gameplay isn't disguised with cutscenes and pretty environments like Horizon so I'm not completely enamored yet, but the people in the main thread are hinting it's a somewhat slow start

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Spare a thought for our fallen brethren who bought XBOX 1s :(

I impulse grabbed one for Forza last year and because the new one was so cheap. I haven't used it since (I did enjoy the game a lot though) and don't really think there's much incentive to own both any more, especially given most Xbox exclusives are going to be playable on the PC. One thing is for sure, I'll never compain about the PS4s interface again.

Edit: Oh, exception is, Games with Gold has been a little better than PS+ for me recently as I never owned a 360 so there have been a couple of odds and ends they've given out that were 360 exclusives I missed out on at the time. Which is nice.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 8, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lakbay posted:

Holy moly Nier Automata is ugly as sin coming from just having beat Horizon

The fetch quest gameplay isn't disguised with cutscenes and pretty environments like Horizon so I'm not completely enamored yet, but the people in the main thread are hinting it's a somewhat slow start
The "start" is the entire first time through the game.

And yeah its environments are technically primitive and not particularly colorful, since it's a mostly dead world.

That said, it's still a drat good game,

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Gravy Jones posted:

I impulse grabbed one for Forza last year and because the new one was so cheap. I haven't used it since (I did enjoy the game a lot though) and don't really think there's much incentive to own both any more, especially given most Xbox exclusives are going to be playable on the PC. One thing is for sure, I'll never compain about the PS4s interface again.

Forza is the last best thing Microsoft has I think.

Gears is great but maybe not everyone's cup of tea. Tbh, I think halo is ruined and it won't be the beast it used to be.

Even if they change it around with Scorpio or Xbox one-two, the exclusives alone will make me stay ps4. Sony would have to really gently caress it up to make me consider xbox next generation (and I've already skipped it this generation)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've only ever had one console per generation except from when I switched from n64 to psx, but I never got any more n64 games after getting the psx

Snes
N64 ➡ psx
PS2
Ps3
PS4

Actually I tell i lie cuz I've got a wii but I only got it last year and its only for party games and the like

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bloodychill posted:

The Armored Core 2 series was really good, slow customizable mech combat for the time with fairly long mission design. It hasn't aged super well but I hope the new game is a more modern take of that and not the frenetic flying Macross-esque combat that was in the 4 and 5. Not that that isn't fun in its own right but the slow, deliberate combat of 1/2 was so good.

The first AC "series" on the PS2 peaked with Nexus and some parts of Last Raven :colbert:. I quite like 4Answer out of the X360/PS3 games, but aside from that they're not great.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah 4 is just a proof of concept kind of thing. And 4answer is the only good ac game we got last gen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Firmware 4.50 is coming tomorrow.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Wow, they sure do drop that stuff with short notice.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wow, they sure do drop that stuff with short notice.
Eh, it's been in beta for awhile now. I'd rather they just push it out than announce it and then wait a few more weeks or whatever.

Derised
Jun 16, 2008

Great timing for me since I'm picking up a pro, HZD, & Bloodborne tonight! :toot:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Never played the first game but this looks really good, the nemesis system that everyone seems to have loved looks to have been expanded a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9D7RTPI7yM

o.m. 95
Feb 15, 2017

Looks like meats back on the menu boys

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

hell yes external HDD support so I don't have to uninstall things or having my clumsy, stupid fingers near hard drives!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SUNKOS posted:

Never played the first game but this looks really good, the nemesis system that everyone seems to have loved looks to have been expanded a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9D7RTPI7yM

Looks pretty rad. Nice to see the reversal here with the player character now in charge of their own army and ranks and promotions instead of merely subverting the rival army. And they've added a GET OVER HERE arrow attack. It was kind of annoying that the projectile orcs on the periphery of battle often dictated where you would have to be in the fight but if you can now bring them to you that means you have more control over your position in a mob of enemies.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ars Technica had a report of a hands off soon watching devs demo it and came off pretty negative, or at least skeptical.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Huge digital (and double discount if you have PSPlus) going on. Gonna be easy to hit the 50€ mark to get 10€ back on April.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I know No Man's Sky is pretty much a punching bag of a game (and deservedly so, in my opinion) but the new update coming soon sounds like steps towards making it a lot more fun (or at least worth launching again if you have a Pro.

http://no-mans-sky.com/pathfinder-update/

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
The NMS update looks pretty nifty. I like that they're expanding the basebuilding options and adding road vehicles; I'm looking forward to jumping back in and building a rad racetrack on my home planet.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is there any web that let's you search through PSN deals easier? For instance, you can still get some EA deals but they don't show anymore on the main page or price reductions unless you look after an exact title.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I played Disc Jam for 3 loving hours straight this morning, it is stupidly addictive and I think I might actually be good at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The possibility of driving my space truck over a ridge and seeing another player's base in the distance almost makes me want to crack that game back open. But first I have to finish Horizon, and get and finish Zelda, and get and finish Andromeda, and the new Destiny event, and and and and...