Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I do appreciate how all their presidents but Trump start everything they say with their wife's name in case you can't figure out what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
And W's starts with addressing his dad. I like that one because they don't bother doing his voice at all, they just make him sound like a dumb 20 year-old or whatever.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
He's definitely maximum frat boy, that one.

Poppy! Do we have any beer?

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I mean that's because they took it from Dana Carvey back when he was good

Well, sure, but what they do with the impression is what I love. I love how he's always talking to "Barb" and how he is so focused on deregulating the martial arts education industry.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't care what anyone says, Stoner Billy and I are always cool

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Their W impression is Josh Brolin from the movie W.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Got my Portland tickets :getin: Hope they pick a good one!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

1st Portland show: Over the Top
2nd Portland show: Fantastic Four COLON Rise of the Silver Surfer

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I got my tickets for the Portland show. Girlfriend likes the idea of going to the show, but not so much the sitting down and watching this bullshit. I haven't seen Over the Top yet, though, so awesome for me (not for girlfriend)!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hey so which bad movie podcast or podcasts have done an episode on the old 1995 Power Rangers movie? I just watched a bunch of that film and I'm sure I remember some podcast talking about how the guy that played Ivan Ooze was Belloch in Raiders of the Lost Ark....

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
No Time For Heroics.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://youtu.be/RsOnBjUMid8?t=4s

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just catching up on the last few episodes of HDTGM. I loved the Sleepwalkers episode. I think it was the combination of a really bizarre film, Lauren Lapkus being a good fit, and June's desperate attempts to explain away the incest.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Chairman Capone posted:

Just catching up on the last few episodes of HDTGM. I loved the Sleepwalkers episode. I think it was the combination of a really bizarre film, Lauren Lapkus being a good fit, and June's desperate attempts to explain away the incest.

yeah june's attempts at making it not-incest in order to preserve her own psyche, combined with everyone else immediately shooting them down, made for a great episode

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Between I Was There Too, High and Mighty, and now HDTGM, I wonder how many other podcasts will do episodes about The Running Man this year.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Any podcasts cover The Warriors?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
You better not be calling The Warriors a bad movie, pardner

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

whydirt posted:

Any podcasts cover The Warriors?

We've covered it on ours (Alcohollywood), though not in a 'bad movie' context.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
An early episode of Movie Sign with the Mads (from MST3k) did as well, though it may be annoying as they frequently went off-topic.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
To be clear, I love The Warriors, but it's very much a product of it's time with lots of choices that don't hold up if viewed straight.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Transformers x Hellraiser is another strong fake movie pitch from WHM

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Everyone at work was staring at me while they were describing Herbert Hoover having a heart attack from seeing a Transformer. I couldn't stop laughing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BigRed0427 posted:

Everyone at work was staring at me while they were describing Herbert Hoover having a heart attack from seeing a Transformer. I couldn't stop laughing.

"His last words were 'gently caress!'"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm looking for a podcast about movies that talks about recent movies (like, on release day, or maybe sooner if they're in another region from me and are ahead of the pacific time zone), and is funny, and maybe sometimes they like the movies, or some of the people on the show at least like the movies.

I already listen to a couple podcasts this thread generally talks about the most, but they mostly are covering stuff a bit older.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Are we so far gone that we need 50 words to describe a movie review podcast?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

BlameSpacePod posted:

1) Yeah, I have a minor in History I got while receiving my degree in Cinema Studies. My family were immigrant refugees in the early 1950's so I was always fascinated by WW1 and 2, through the evolution of modern Europe.

This is going back a few months, and I don't know if you're still on here ever, but I knew I liked you.

Victorkm posted:

I'm already looking forward to the Star Wars Expanded Universe book reviews. I could pretty much listen to you two talk about anything as long as you all stay as funny as you have always been.

Wait, what? That's a thing? What podcast is doing this? I'm having a hard time following this chain back through the thread.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Is it just me, or is there something odd up with WHM's feed? I run gPodder and I'm getting weird I/O handshake errors or something on their episodes the past two weeks, but only from them, no other podcast seems to be having an issue.

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, what? That's a thing? What podcast is doing this? I'm having a hard time following this chain back through the thread.

If that's a thing, then between that and knowing WHM's going to do TNG episodes, I'm going to get all the sci-fi stupidity I never knew I'd always wanted.

The TNG thing is actually pretty funny timing, since I also listen to the Super Best Friends podcast and someone on there started talking about going through TNG episodes and being shocked at how a lot of them were more batshit than anyone remembered them being a decade ago.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

System Mastery is going to be replacing their biweekly Afterthoughts podcast (Mailbag and Skits and short discussion on themes from the prior week's review) with a Biweekly Star Wars expanded universe discussion podcast. I believe it starts next week.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
There's also just Expanded Universe, which exists and comes out 1.5 times monthly.

Warning: I may be biased because I've been a guest.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Anybody listen to Refund Theater? I started with their MK Annihilation episode and got hooked. Also really like the Spin-Off Doctors episodes of Jim Sterling's podcast.

Also, Jason, stop saying Hungee Games, oh my god.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Victorkm posted:

System Mastery is going to be replacing their biweekly Afterthoughts podcast (Mailbag and Skits and short discussion on themes from the prior week's review) with a Biweekly Star Wars expanded universe discussion podcast. I believe it starts next week.

Yeah, we just finished recording. First three chapters of Shadows of the Empire covered. Xizor is really a very unpleasant character.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

theironjef posted:

Yeah, we just finished recording. First three chapters of Shadows of the Empire covered. Xizor is really a very unpleasant character.

This sounds really good. So much batshit insane EU stuff.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

theironjef posted:

Can't wait! This is obviously my poo poo.

END ME SCOOB posted:

There's also just Expanded Universe, which exists and comes out 1.5 times monthly.

Warning: I may be biased because I've been a guest.

I'll check this out too. Thanks!

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

Can't wait! This is obviously my poo poo.

I'll check this out too. Thanks!

You've gotta listen to at least the start of the last afterthoughts episode. If you are into Thrawn I mean. Very relevant.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

theironjef posted:

Just listened to this, and you guys are hilarious. I almost had to pull over during your nerdy stormtrooper riff.

Victorkm posted:

You've gotta listen to at least the start of the last afterthoughts episode. If you are into Thrawn I mean. Very relevant.

Oh, uh, I'll do that now, I guess.

edit: :eek:

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 12, 2017

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Let me add that as someone who loved making mock-serious analyses of the Glove of Darth Vader books, I can't wait to jump into both of these Star Wars EU podcasts, too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chairman Capone posted:

Let me add that as someone who loved making mock-serious analyses of the Glove of Darth Vader books, I can't wait to jump into both of these Star Wars EU podcasts, too.

Hey, when it comes to mocking analyses of the Glove of Darth Vader books, I have some experience there, too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The hottest Sirhan Sirhan jokes on WHM

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
I loved the first episode of Expounded Universe. Nerdy Stormtrooper was great, but my favorite bit had to be about how racist everyone seems to be in the book and imagining what a racist Admiral Ackbar would be like. That totally changes how I am going to look at him from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Girlfriend and I just sat through Over the Top and Silver Surfer. We have suffered in preparation for tomorrow night.