Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Guillermus posted:

Is there any web that let's you search through PSN deals easier? For instance, you can still get some EA deals but they don't show anymore on the main page or price reductions unless you look after an exact title.

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but I use PS Prices, though it doesn't update right away so you might need to wait until later in the day or the next day for all the current prices to show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but I use PS Prices, though it doesn't update right away so you might need to wait until later in the day or the next day for all the current prices to show.

It's exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!

Also that NMS update looks really cool and for 15€ seems to be the right price for that game in my opinion.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 8, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Ineffiable posted:

Forza is the last best thing Microsoft has I think.

Forza is literally the only thing Xbox has going for it and it is on PC now so the Bone is utterly pointless.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

The possibility of driving my space truck over a ridge and seeing another player's base in the distance almost makes me want to crack that game back open. But first I have to finish Horizon, and get and finish Zelda, and get and finish Andromeda, and the new Destiny event, and and and and...

Yeah same, I mean I do open up NMS rather often and piddle around my base or check out a planet, but then I get the nagging sensation from all the other games I just bought recently.

That said though having vehicles to make exploring planets faster is something that, if it had been in the game at launch, would have probably made me stay up for days straight instead of just a day at a time playing it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Things I got on my shopping cart right now:

Metal Slug Antology 7.99€
Duke Nukem 3D World tour 6.99€
Broforce 3.99€
Terraria 3.99€
Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY 14.99€
No Man's Sky 15.99€

All of these make up for 54€ (enough for the 10€ cash back in April). Any suggestions on what to add/remove? I kind of want to try MGSV: Ground Zeroes and is dirt cheap (3.99€).

Games I own (as guide) are Titanfall 2, Destiny, The Witcher 3 GOTY, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, all Uncharted games, Doom...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Remove NMS. Updates won't help that game - it's fundamentally bad.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
This is probably an oft-asked question but I decided to jump on the PS4 bandwagon despite mostly being a PC gamer (with a DS3/4 controller!). I've played a lot of things on Steam already thus looking into PS4 exclusive games worth owning, or play so radically better on the PS4. Probably getting NieR on Steam as well.

Mostly just in it for Bloodborne and upcoming KH3, but the bundle I got comes with Horizon so I might as well play that.

So what I'm looking up gathering/getting is then:
-Bloodborne GOTY
-Horizon
-Uncharted 4
-Nioh
-Ratchet & Clank
-Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 preorder
-Crash Bandicoot Trilogy preorder [long live nostalgia feels]

Anything else worth getting? What exclusive are worth keeping a eye on this year?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The last of us

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Until Dawn
Final Fantasy 15
Infamous Second Son (if you like super hero games and find a sale)
Titanfall 2 / Overwatch if you didn't play them on Steam

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am doing the same thing, and unless you take longer then a month to beat a game I would just go to gamely. That's the first thing I did when I bought my ps4 yesterday.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

precision posted:

I played Disc Jam for 3 loving hours straight this morning, it is stupidly addictive and I think I might actually be good at it.

It's really great. It's distilled to exactly what makes it perfectly addictive and fun, but with enough variation not to feel flat.

I just wish it was a little less bloomy and blurry. But that's just a small complaint for a great game from a new two-man team.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No Man's Sky is probably worth trying out at this point (second massive update today) if your PC can't run it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Guillermus posted:

Things I got on my shopping cart right now:

Metal Slug Antology 7.99€
Duke Nukem 3D World tour 6.99€
Broforce 3.99€
Terraria 3.99€
Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY 14.99€
No Man's Sky 15.99€

All of these make up for 54€ (enough for the 10€ cash back in April). Any suggestions on what to add/remove? I kind of want to try MGSV: Ground Zeroes and is dirt cheap (3.99€).

Games I own (as guide) are Titanfall 2, Destiny, The Witcher 3 GOTY, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, all Uncharted games, Doom...

I loving love Ground Zeroes but be forewarned, it is exactly one map big, features only one 'real' mission and a bunch of little side missions. It's basically meant as a tech demo/prologue for TPP. Having said that, the stealth mechanics are ridiculously fun to screw around with.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
DO NOT get Broforce it has awful framerate that was never fixed

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Xaris posted:

This is probably an oft-asked question but I decided to jump on the PS4 bandwagon despite mostly being a PC gamer (with a DS3/4 controller!). I've played a lot of things on Steam already thus looking into PS4 exclusive games worth owning, or play so radically better on the PS4. Probably getting NieR on Steam as well.

Mostly just in it for Bloodborne and upcoming KH3, but the bundle I got comes with Horizon so I might as well play that.

-Bloodborne GOTY
-Horizon
-Uncharted 4
-Nioh
-Ratchet & Clank

Anything else worth getting? What exclusive are worth keeping a eye on this year?

I am loving the absolute gently caress out of Yakuza 0, if you havent played the earlier uncharteds then the uncharted collection is worth a look. I personally loathed The Last of Us but I'm in the extreme minority there so the remaster of that is worth at least checking out.

Guillermus posted:

Broforce 3.99€

Honestly if you can play broforce on a PC I wouldnt pick it up on PS4, it has some performance issues last I played it, although it may have been patched since then. Some super annoying noticable hitching a couple of seconds into every level that can cause unavoidable deaths. I havent revisited it recently because even if they patched that I kind of felt the games gimmick wore out its welcome long before the game was ready to actually end. YMMV obviously.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
With beast mode on a 4k TV, should I just have it turned on all the time? Is there ever a reason I'd want it turned off in games like horizon?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it won't do anything for games like horizon that have a pro-specific config. so it doesn't matter one way or the other

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Xaris posted:

-Bloodborne GOTY
-Horizon
-Uncharted 4
-Nioh
-Ratchet & Clank

Until Dawn is fantastic, but you'll only want to play it once, so rent it or make sure you don't buy it at full price.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kingtheninja posted:

With beast mode on a 4k TV, should I just have it turned on all the time? Is there ever a reason I'd want it turned off in games like horizon?

Boost mode will not do anything for:
-Games with native Pro support (like Horizon)
-Games that enforce their own framerate cap
-Games with no significant performance issues on a non-Pro

That said, the only reason to turn it off is if you encounter a game that misbehaves with it turned on. No one knows which games these are yet, there might not even be any, but that disclaimer is there because Sony's engineers and legal team couldn't *guarantee* there are no such games.

Pro-enabled games should ignore the checkbox entirely and turning it on or off won't change anything.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Both requesters on this page should consider Knack.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Counterpoint, Broforce is dumb fun and the frame rate thing is only a real problem in like two levels. I just replayed it with a roommate a couple months ago and it was great.

Also, RE: that Shadow of War trailer, I almost feel like they might be biting off more than they can chew and getting too far away from 'Batman, only with orcs you murder instead of criminals you knock out' gameplay, but they might've just been showing off their big new setpiece battle system with the rest of the game being similar :shrug:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

don't listen to this man hes off his knacker.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

haveblue posted:

-Games that enforce their own framerate cap
-Games with no significant performance issues on a non-Pro

To elaborate on these: People have noted better performance on games that have a frame rate cap but still drop below that cap sometimes, like bloodborne. Boost mode will not take you above the cap obviously, but you shouldn't experience as many frame rate drops.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Really? You do surprise me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Seconding Broforce. There can be some slowdown but if you played videogames from the era that inspired it, especially Contra, it's almost a nostalgia trip having slowdown (and can even help you in fights sometimes). In no way did the slowdown ruin my enjoyment of the game. I didn't play the game straight through, though. Might get burned out on it if you do that. I would play levels here and here over months before finally sitting down to beat the last few levels one day.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Hitman season 1 is 50% off. Is it worth it? I liked the last Hitman game, don't remember the name of it at the moment. But I haven't heard much about this game, or the different episodes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Get a second controller, play Broforce Coop. It's really fun, even with its flaws.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Broforce was a poo poo-ton of fun on PC and I got it cheap in early access. Lots of great characters got added since and if those framerate issues on PS4 are still true that's really unfortunate. :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

Hitman season 1 is 50% off. Is it worth it? I liked the last Hitman game, don't remember the name of it at the moment. But I haven't heard much about this game, or the different episodes.

Yes it is amazing.
One of the best puzzle games this gen. it's overwhelming how much breadth there is when approaching a mission

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

shut up blegum posted:

This video made me buy Hitman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUkOPrbj0yA&t=5984s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Hitman was the second-best puzzle game of 2016 and is strictly better than every other Hitman game that has come before it. It gives you a lot of freedom to do crazy and wacky stuff, and has a great sense of humor when things don't come together while also being extremely satisfying when you do dial in your plan. There are multiple layers of challenges and opportunities that give you reason to revisit maps and really learn them.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

shut up blegum posted:

It's great. I didn't have much of an opinion on Hitman as a series but the new one turned out to be the game I sunk the most time into last year. I don't regret spending full price at all so 50% off is a steal.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ok, thanks for the fast and positive responses. Just one more question, does somebody get called a macho pig in the game?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

Ok, thanks for the fast and positive responses. Just one more question, does somebody get called a macho pig in the game?

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=IbdFyXdCWUk

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

SiKboy posted:

I havent revisited it recently because even if they patched that I kind of felt the games gimmick wore out its welcome long before the game was ready to actually end. YMMV obviously.

Expendabros was the perfect amount of Broforce and was free on PC, though I don't know if you can still get it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DalyjFKBHvI

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hitman is a fantastic game that allows you to dive in as shallow or deep into the missions as you want. It's a puzzle game only in the sense that the game gives you lots of optional objectives and conditions that you can try to figure out but it doesn't have to be a puzzle game if you want to just grab a shotgun and some explosives and blast your way through each mission. But I assume that's not what you're buying Hitman for.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

precision posted:

No Man's Sky is probably worth trying out at this point (second massive update today) if your PC can't run it.

IS that update today? I've gotten so used to them announcing poo poo and then taking forever I assumed it was months away.

[edit] Oh poo poo it is!

And a Lego Worl's patch. 513mb. It better loving fix framerate. Watch it be some "added support for Traditional Chinese language".

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 8, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Early report (Same world I was on before that had bad framerate) is that it's better. I will go to new Lego worlds and see if the performance bump holds up.... ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn it I missed ONE NOTE in the song in Night in the Woods. There's probably a trophy for perfect FC'ing it isn't there? :mad: